Forerunner machine redesign

In the E3 2013 trailer, Chief came across this strange Forerunner artifact. Yet in the new puzzle pic, the artifact looks quite different. Why do you think they redesigned the artifact and which design do you prefer?

There could be different types. But I prefer the first one.

Copycat! I made the exact same thread earlier. I like the new version.
BTW, I’m just joking.

Probably another one because the new one also seems to be WAY bigger.

If they’re the same one, then I like the new design better. It’s more scarier.

EDIT: Now that I look at it (new design), it kinda reminds me of the MUTOs off of the Godzilla 2014 movie.

New one for sure

I bet it’s the same one and the same design. Forerunner stuff has a habit of being made of metal bits that float around each other before collapsing together and taking their real form (see every first-time Forerunner weapon pickup in Halo 4). I wouldn’t go assuming it’s a redesign just yet, when we already have precent for Forerunner tech “separating” and “converging” itself. Plus, a lot of the pieces in the puzzle image look the same as the E3 trailer, they’re just further apart. I guess we’ll see though.

The one in the poster looks a like one of the robots from evangelion.

I like both but the poster one looks more like concept art, while the previous one looks more ingame.

Still the main diference is the “wing” spread and the head facing.

I really want to know what they are.
But I prefere the design of the second if they are different

I prefer the second design.

And I’m fairly sure the ‘Forerunner Artifact’ you’re talking about is called a War Sphinx.

> 2533274917158807;10:
> I prefer the second design.
>
> And I’m fairly sure the ‘Forerunner Artifact’ you’re talking about is called a War Sphinx.

No it was confirmed that this Forerunner machin is not a War Sphinx.
But I think will see war shinx as forerunner vehicules in Halo 5.
In the books War Sphink are not that told futhermore

Josh Holmes said that it’s identity was hiding in plain sight, which makes me believe that this is indeed a Guardian.

> 2533274964246645;12:
> Josh Holmes said that it’s identity was hiding in plain sight, which makes me believe that this is indeed a Guardian.

But what is the purpose of a Guardian?

> 2533274964246645;12:
> Josh Holmes said that it’s identity was hiding in plain sight, which makes me believe that this is indeed a Guardian.

Me too I think I prefer the first design because I can make the guardians of Ga’Hoole joke :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274837998235;13:
> > 2533274964246645;12:
> > Josh Holmes said that it’s identity was hiding in plain sight, which makes me believe that this is indeed a Guardian.
>
>
> But what is the purpose of a Guardian?

Bear with me here just a theory but what if it’s guarding something? :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2533274837998235;13:
> > 2533274964246645;12:
> > Josh Holmes said that it’s identity was hiding in plain sight, which makes me believe that this is indeed a Guardian.
>
>
> But what is the purpose of a Guardian?

They guard the outskirts of Sandbox, Sandtrap, and Snowbound, watching as Spartans are dropped into the middle of the desert and tundra to fight. They make sure no one escapes b using giant lasers, mines, and Covenant turrets.

They also love giant orange balls of death.

> 2533274883849234;16:
> > 2533274837998235;13:
> > > 2533274964246645;12:
> > > Josh Holmes said that it’s identity was hiding in plain sight, which makes me believe that this is indeed a Guardian.
> >
> >
> > But what is the purpose of a Guardian?
>
>
> They guard the outskirts of Sandbox, Sandtrap, and Snowbound, watching as Spartans are dropped into the middle of the desert and tundra to fight. They make sure no one escapes b using giant lasers, mines, and Covenant turrets.
>
> They also love giant orange balls of death.

Don’t forget randomly detonating warthogs