forerunner AI

i know this may be a long shot, a really long shot but i would like mendicant bias to have and appearance or be mentioned in halo 4 or any part of the new trilogy even if its for a short while, i know we have been told alot about MB but i still feel theres a bit more to tell, any one have any opinions regarding this

Wasn’t that AI destroyed by the Prophets when they figured out he was in the Forerunner dreadnaught in the middle of their city, (the same one that we see in the games). I got the idea that MB was the AI that knew what the covenant found meaning the reclaimers or humans. Seemed like that was MB and the Prophets found out then that their religion was a lie, but liked power too much. I could be wrong but that’s what I thought about that issue that came about.

i cant believe i forgot MB was actually destroyed, well thats that suggetion out the window lol

Well, it can be seen at Origins I, from Halo Legends.

/double posted.

> i cant believe i forgot MB was actually destroyed, well thats that suggetion out the window lol

The destruction of Mendicant Bias hasn’t been confirmed, though it does seem likely seeing as he himself said “And so, here at the end of my life . . .”
But, whether he is dead or not, he wasn’t killed by the Prophets. He was presumably destroyed along with the Ark.

Mendicant Bias’ mind was broken into pieces by Offensive Bias. The Prophets didn’t destroy him when they shut him down because he was active again during Halo 2. It’s still possible that if he was destroyed on the Ark other fragments could still remain. I personally believe Cortana is unknowingly playing host to one right now.

Maybe MB is the one that made chief see cortana on the ark, considering cortana has no control over the arks hologram systems.

> i cant believe i forgot MB was actually destroyed, well thats that suggetion out the window lol

He wasn’t destroyed, he was turned off. He was actually in Halo 3 (and is the entire reason the Reclaimer Trilogy is happining).

Where in Halo 3 is he? and anywhere else in any games? i’ve only known him from the books…

> Where in Halo 3 is he? and anywhere else in any games? i’ve only known him from the books…

He is mentioned in the terminals, and basically is helping the Chief behind the scenes.

More on topic, I’m fairly sure MB was destroyed along with the Ark and Installation 04B.

> > Where in Halo 3 is he? and anywhere else in any games? i’ve only known him from the books…
>
> He is mentioned in the terminals, and basically is helping the Chief behind the scenes.
>
> More on topic, I’m fairly sure MB was destroyed along with the Ark and Installation 04B.

He was also mentioned by Cortana in Halo 2… “For a Covenant AI it’s unusually formidable”. Plus his mind was broken into fragments. There is no telling how many exist and how many were destroyed.

> > > Where in Halo 3 is he? and anywhere else in any games? i’ve only known him from the books…
> >
> > He is mentioned in the terminals, and basically is helping the Chief behind the scenes.
> >
> > More on topic, I’m fairly sure MB was destroyed along with the Ark and Installation 04B.
>
> He was also mentioned by Cortana in Halo 2… “For a Covenant AI it’s unusually formidable”. Plus his mind was broken into fragments. There is no telling how many exist and how many were destroyed.

In Halo 2 though how does anyone know that’s for sure MB that Cortana is talking about? I mean we all know the covenant has their own AIs, so how do you even know it’s him? Some parts it seems things are just being assumed.

In halo 3 I figured the terminals were the key there.

> > > Where in Halo 3 is he? and anywhere else in any games? i’ve only known him from the books…
> >
> > He is mentioned in the terminals, and basically is helping the Chief behind the scenes.
> >
> > More on topic, I’m fairly sure MB was destroyed along with the Ark and Installation 04B.
>
> He was also mentioned by Cortana in Halo 2… “For a Covenant AI it’s unusually formidable”. Plus his mind was broken into fragments. There is no telling how many exist and how many were destroyed.

In Halo 2 though how does anyone know that’s for sure MB that Cortana is talking about? I mean we all know the covenant has their own AIs, so how do you even know it’s him? Some parts it seems things are just being assumed.

In halo 3 I figured the terminals were the key there.