Fore runner war Sphinx

Anyone who read any of greg bears books will know about fore runner war Sphinx’s.

now in the new set of screen shots people have seen a meck type thing, I think that it is a forerunner war Sphinx

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/detail/e3-2012-halo-4-screenshots/5b05155a-a296-4989-8b52-889ebf57f5f9#imageNumber=5

screen shot 5

what do you guys think?

Cyclops Mk 2. They mentioned this a while back.

Looks to human to be anything like a War Sphinx , good theory though.Hopefully we do get to see them , those things are gonna be so OP lol xD.

> Anyone who read any of greg bears books will know about fore runner war Sphinx’s.
>
> now in the new set of screen shots people have seen a meck type thing, I think that it is a forerunner war Sphinx
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/detail/e3-2012-halo-4-screenshots/5b05155a-a296-4989-8b52-889ebf57f5f9#imageNumber=5
>
> screen shot 5
>
> what do you guys think?

That looks smaller than the cyclops imo.

It’s a Cyclops, like the one seen on “Warhouse”, though it seems to be a different variant or a modified version.

Read the description :wink:
I think i’ts a variant of the Cyclop too

> War Sphinx | Halo Alpha | Fandom
> Read the description :wink:
> I think i’ts a variant of the Cyclop too

War Sphinx - “The war sphinxes were described as being ten meters high and twenty long, with an elongated tail that provided lift and power.

Cyclops - “The Cyclops is a bipedal exoskeleton used by the UNSC Marine Corps during the early years of the Human-Covenant war.

One was made during the time of the Forerunners, the other during the Human-Covenant war. Definitely not a variant of the Cyclops.

> > War Sphinx | Halo Alpha | Fandom
> > Read the description :wink:
> > I think i’ts a variant of the Cyclop too
>
> War Sphinx - “The war sphinxes were described as being ten meters high and twenty long, with an elongated tail that provided lift and power.
>
> Cyclops - “The Cyclops is a bipedal exoskeleton used by the UNSC Marine Corps during the early years of the Human-Covenant war.
>
> One was made during the time of the Forerunners, the other during the Human-Covenant war. Definitely not a variant of the Cyclops.

That mech does not have a tail by the way.

my bet, chief uses the cyclops to combat some war sphinxes. They are both around the same size I think.

-edit- no they aren’t. cyclops is not 20 meters long, but if its a mech fight they want its a mech fight they’ll get.

I don’t know how people can think that that is a Cyclops, as it looks nothing like one. I believe that the mech is a new vehicle.

I am currently reading Cryptum. Although this is a UNSC vehicle, I do believe we will be seeing a War Sphinx in the game.

how big are Elites in descriptions, how big are they in-game?
how big are Prometheans in the novels and how big are the Knights we saw yesterday?

in halo, size doesn’t matter and i wouldn’t be surprised if the Knights’ backpack-drones were called warsphinxes.

[deleted]

> how big are Elites in descriptions, how big are they in-game?
> how big are Prometheans in the novels and how big are the Knights we saw yesterday?
>
> in halo, size doesn’t matter and i wouldn’t be surprised if the Knights’ backpack-drones were called warsphinxes.

The Knights are not the same as the Prometheans in the novels and the drones are called watchers.

> how big are Elites in descriptions
> BIG
>
> how big are they in-game?
> BIG
>
> how big are Prometheans in the novels
> BIG
>
> and how big are the Knights we saw yesterday?
> Not Prometheans

[deleted]

> > War Sphinx | Halo Alpha | Fandom
> > Read the description :wink:
> > I think i’ts a variant of the Cyclop too
>
> War Sphinx - “The war sphinxes were described as being ten meters high and twenty long, with an elongated tail that provided lift and power.
>
> Cyclops - “The Cyclops is a bipedal exoskeleton used by the UNSC Marine Corps during the early years of the Human-Covenant war.
>
> One was made during the time of the Forerunners, the other during the Human-Covenant war. Definitely not a variant of the Cyclops.

Yep I know. I meant I think the machine seen in the trailer is a variant of the Cyclop and not a War Sphinx.

> > how big are Elites in descriptions
> > BIG
> >
> > how big are they in-game?
> > BIG
> >
> > how big are Prometheans in the novels
> > BIG
> >
> > and how big are the Knights we saw yesterday?
> > Not Prometheans

This post wins because it is correct.

> The Knights are not the same as the Prometheans in the novels and the drones are called watchers.

i realised that the non-biological AIs can’t be Prometheans, but thank you! :wink:
anyhow: they are based on them (hence the name) and still are only half of their natural size.

and concerning the watcher: didn’t realise that, due to the circlular weapon/fans (?) on their sides that were missing on the leaked pictures. watched the gameplay demo again, saw them unfold. you’re right.

> how big are they in-game?
> BIG

not really, imho. at least not compared to the size they actually should be, according to canon.