Forced TU voting

This is a small suggestion to 343i to get their best results

First of all, the amount of people that show their interest in change or show favour towards the already playable gamestyles and playlists are overwhelming in a good way that Halo has always been updated accordingly.
Secondly, I am not complaining about changes at the moment or ones that have happened in the past.

Although, these changes are in fact suggested by a minority of the players that enjoy Halo. When i logged on and the TU window came up, I thought to my self of a poll.
If 343i could have a forced poll for updating to get every players opinion to get the best results in updates. Like the updates pop up, where you are forced to wait ~10 seconds to read it, if there was a poll option where you needed to vote your opinion before you can start playing I would think they would be more satisfied with the updates and changes. Thank you for reading.

This is actually quite a good idea. I like some of the changes, but abhor others. the 85% bloom, while making the kill times faster, also makes the DMR way too powerful, and only seems to make spamming more affective. I do remember 343 said they would leave vanilla Reach alone, but it seems that has slipped their mind. The best part of the TU has to be the AL nerf imo, it makes armor lock more of the “Oh -Yoink-” button that it seems to be intended to be.

I just reckon It can’t hurt, and hey, It will gets everyone’s opinion

I agree if anything all game companies should be following in Valves footstep’s, seeing as how their Left 4 Dead 2 game has a poll every other week for feed back from both Console and PC gamers. It’s very effective seeing as a new mutation came out that not a whole people got to play, Valve asked if console and PC gamers wanted to see it return and it did.

Point in case, most people who can’t access this forum should have a poll option in game. It certainly would make thing’s a bit easier.

> Point in case, most people who can’t access this forum should have a poll option in game. It certainly would make thing’s a bit easier.

Yeah It would be cool to actually see the amount of people that play Halo / the people that go on these forums for Halo

Edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

>

are you serious?

no bloom master race

but seriously, everyone’s opinion counts. Thats what pulls people onto halo, and if there was a simple feedback system that allowed people to play a match of default vs 85% and vote on what they like more, I GUARANTEE YOU 85% would be chosen over 100

Edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

if 343 started listening to everyone who played reach the only playlists that would receive changes would be invasion, BtB and infection.

besides, if people really cared what changes go out they would try coming here wouldn’t they?

>

So because you are louder, your opinion is more correct?
Sorry to be rude, but that is basically what you are saying. Also, if they are the true majority, shouldn’t their vote count as well. In the interest of fairness, I don’t think the majority of the population cares one way or the other, probably because they aren’t as well informed as some of us forum-goers. I think 343 could do a better job with their updates and really be a better company if they did polling like this, it would give them a better idea of what the MAJORITY wants. If the poll was required to play the game and the questions were like “Do you like the new update?” Answers: Yes, No, I don’t care, they could probably get a better idea of what the whole community wants, so why is this a bad thing, it would probably make Halo more popular, and give 343 more of a name in the industry with average gamers.

> if 343 started listening to everyone who played reach the only playlists that would receive changes would be invasion, BtB and infection.
>
> besides, if people really cared what changes go out they would try coming here wouldn’t they?

Except currently those playlists get no attention due to only a handful, including myself on Invasion and BtB (I don’t like infection very much) have not seen much attention since Breakpoint was introduced. I don’t understand the hate towards those playlists, they can be extremely competitive if you have good players playing them, almost more-so than the smaller team based games, due to the shear amount of teamwork needed to be effective.

I agree. 343 is really only getting ideas from the small amount of people on this website. Which is about 60,000. There are that that many people that play halo at one time. So, if there were to make a in game poll, they will get more like 500,000 - 600,000 + votes on something.

i agree a poll on the CONSOLE once a week. as many people i meet dont even know about his or other places for info. 343 should definitely do this!

> > if 343 started listening to everyone who played reach the only playlists that would receive changes would be invasion, BtB and infection.
> >
> > besides, if people really cared what changes go out they would try coming here wouldn’t they?
>
> Except currently those playlists get no attention due to only a handful, including myself on Invasion and BtB (I don’t like infection very much) have not seen much attention since Breakpoint was introduced. I don’t understand the hate towards those playlists, they can be extremely competitive if you have good players playing them, almost more-so than the smaller team based games, due to the shear amount of teamwork needed to be effective.

first comes first, at the moment they are working with the title update and dlc maps. and while i do agree that those playlists need some attention, there are bigger problems at the moment.

> This is a small suggestion to 343i to get their best results
>
> Although, these changes are in fact suggested by a minority of the players that enjoy Halo.

This is the only problem I have with your post. “Minority” Hmmmm… really? Something tells me that is not what the 1,400,000 players that left Reach in the first 1-2 months of Reaches release say. Most people that played Halo 3 were competitive, it is also a proven FACT that Halo 3 survived longer AND stayed in the top spot for… what was it? 2 years or so? IDK my memory is running dry on some things, well at any rate, the drastic drop in reaches population says that we are not the “minority”. Most of the Halo fans that left and never came back HATED Reach. Those 1,400,000 people or so would actually PREFER the TU changes for Reach and as you know 1,400,000 is a drastically bigger number then the 48,634 or so players that remain, granted other games came out BUT they never returned and that is the key to my debate. They never returned again. That is just my 2 cents on us being called the “minority”. As for the poll thing I think that would be a very good idea and that it should be taken into action.

> > This is a small suggestion to 343i to get their best results
> >
> > Although, these changes are in fact suggested by a minority of the players that enjoy Halo.
>
> This is the only problem I have with your post. “Minority” Hmmmm… really?

Minority: The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number.

> > > This is a small suggestion to 343i to get their best results
> > >
> > > Although, these changes are in fact suggested by a minority of the players that enjoy Halo.
> >
> > This is the only problem I have with your post. “Minority” Hmmmm… really?
>
> Minority: The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number.

I know what minority means, I was just putting it in quotes because you were wrong about saying that the people who want the TU settings were the minority. Did you even read all of my post?

> > > > This is a small suggestion to 343i to get their best results
> > > >
> > > > Although, these changes are in fact suggested by a minority of the players that enjoy Halo.
> > >
> > > This is the only problem I have with your post. “Minority” Hmmmm… really?
> >
> > Minority: The smaller number or part, esp. a number that is less than half the whole number.
>
> I know what minority means, I was just putting it in quotes because you were wrong about saying that the people who want the TU settings were the minority. Did you even read all of my post?

You obviously didn’t read my post, considering I never said “the people who want the TU settings were the minority”… Please not let your ignorance cause arguments. I didn’t make this thread make people upset.

> This is a small suggestion to 343i to get their best results
>
>
> Although, these changes are in fact suggested by a minority of the players that enjoy Halo.

Really Drunk Moose? I didn’t read your post? What is up in the quote box then? It seems to me that you forgot what you posted which also means that you don’t know what you are talking about. Also I am not meaning to come off mean or anything I just want to have a debate not an argument. I am sorry you are taking this as an argument.

P.S. I am also not meaning to argue with you, I just don’t know how to word it any other way, I am sorry if I am offending you in anyway.

I think they should put the TU in every playlist. i mean its a TU so it should be in the whole game