Forced to use the DMR, I mean Scarab Gun.

It’s a real shame I have nothing nice to say about this game anymore, at first I was blinded about this potentially amazing video game that I current hate to play, but cannot stop playing.

That means that I want to play it, I really do. But I struggle to enjoy it. My and many other poeples matchmaking experience is being ruined by three single letters: DMR

I know for a fact, that when I use the DMR I can get loads of cheap and easy kills. For example, a few days ago I played a game where i could literally do nothing against these guys on the other team, I started of 0-7. Then I pulled out the DMR class I have set up for games that are not going well, and do you know what happened? I went 25-7 that game. Without little help from my team. If that does not show how stupidly good that weapon is, well screw logic really.

I hate using the DMR, i feel so cheap and bad when I do, because sometimes I can take out AR’s in close range before they can, which is diabolical. I really don’t want to make a tl;dr thread so I’ll make a list:

DMR:

Shots are too powerful

Not enough bloom

Far too high ROF

Should not be able too kill an AR up close

• How are those concepts difficult to grasp 343? It’s a game breaking aspect.

BUTT-HURT ALERT:

To the people who like the DMR as it is, take the MLG emblem off, try using an AR. Let’s see how well you do then, then you’ll see HOW UNFAIR IT IS TO THE PEOPLE WANTING TO USE ONE OF THE OTHER 11 LOADOUT WEAPONS.

So yeah, i’ll keep playing. Looks like i’m just going to have to turn to cheap, poor skilled dark side and get kills I shouldn’t with my scarab gun. Hell, I might as well just look at them and they’ll be dead.

kthanxbye

Clearly somebody doesn’t remember how the actual scarab gun works, 'cause that thing would totally own the DMR head-to-head. Thing was nuts.

But I agree with the basics of your thought. The DMR seems to be a little bit more potent than other guns. Personally, my suggestion is for the DMR to do less damage the closer you are to the target when you hit. Universe logic be -Yoink!-, it’d put the DMR into its proper role.

> Clearly somebody doesn’t remember how the actual scarab gun works, 'cause that thing would totally own the DMR head-to-head. Thing was nuts.
>
> But I agree with the basics of your thought. The DMR seems to be a little bit more potent than other guns. Personally, my suggestion is for the DMR to do less damage the closer you are to the target when you hit. Universe logic be -Yoink!-, it’d put the DMR into its proper role.

Better yet, give it the treatment of the Binary Rifle, though not as intense.

Large reticle that the bullet can go anywhere in while not scoped. That way it is only accurate when scoped.

Well I don’t think i would try to shoot someone with an AR from the same range as the DMR, but honestly did we not want ONE utility weapon that was good for all situations. I remember that was what people wanted but since they not only had that weapon they added 4-5 others that are not as good as that one thus creating the great OP DMR because you are right it is op because its the utility weapon thats been in every halo game. CE pistol,H2 br, H3 br, Reach DMR.

You couldn’t do anything against the other team but you started off 7-0?

SHOW OFF

fixing the DMr would be soo easy, 343 explained balancing weapons is difficult, but hey you have a slighly less power full weapon then the DMR, the BR, why not just match the stats? same ROF, same DMG, same DMG, increase alittle bloom.

he means 0-7

> fixing the DMr would be soo easy, 343 explained balancing weapons is difficult, but hey you have a slighly less power full weapon then the DMR, the BR, why not just match the stats? same ROF, same DMG, same DMG, increase alittle bloom.

I don’t understand. If the guns are the same, why would I choose one over the other? In EVERY game there will be one item that stands out. In racing games, there are cars faster than others, in sports games there are players better than others, and in shooters there are guns better than others. That’s just a indisputable fact. Here is an idea, if you are getting shot by a DMR at long range, and you don’t have a DMR to return fire, take cover, like you would do in real life if you were in that situation. The BR is a great gun and I have outgunned many many players at close to mid range with it while they were using the DMR. I think the only adjustment that could be made if any is a slightly lower ROF. But range and power are fine in my experience. And if you can’t beat a DMR with an AR at close range, time to practice.

> You couldn’t do anything against the other team but you started off 7-0?
>
> SHOW OFF

My bad, i meant 0-7. I have yet to have my coffeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Halo 4’s DMR stats vs Halo 4’s BR stats.
And Reach’s DMR stats.
I guess if 343i just made DMR in Halo 4 just like it was in Reach, no one would said it’s overpowered. It still has little faster kill time than BR, but it would be compansated by bloom. Duels of bloomy DMR vs BR’s bursts would be very interesting too.

Stop crying

I still can’t believe they “nerfed” the BS and did nothing to the DMR. The DMR is THE one problem with this game, not the BS.

1. The Scarab gun would OWN the DMR.
  2. If you have skill you can use other weapons. I would encourage you spend time with the LR, BR or Carbine and practice with it.

I’m barely ever killed by a DMR. It’s about range. Up front I don’t even take half damage by the time i’ve BR’d somebody. Light Rifle also storms it absolutely everywhere.

Also, are you using an AR all the way across valhalla or something?

“I’m barely ever killed by a DMR. It’s about range. Up front I don’t even take half damage by the time i’ve BR’d somebody. Light Rifle also storms it absolutely everywhere”.

You wouldn’t by any chance have played one game, would you? Maybe two at most?

I really hate to agree with anyone who uses “Swag” in their name…shivers but ya the OP is right.

The DMR? I’m still can’t get over how bad the maps are let alone Egghead and all the lag. Moaning about the guns is hilarious when you’re watching players teleporting and moon walking all over the place.

When I go up against a DMR with an Assault Rifle, I seem to invariably come out on top. Going up against a BR, however, seems to be a totally different thing.

If you ask me, on paper, the DMR is way overpowered. In reality though, this doesn’t really seem to be the case. Sure, the DMR destroys everything on maps such as Complex or Ragnarok, but time and time again, I’ve overpowered the DMR with the BR/Carbine on maps such as Abandon/Adrift/Haven. After all, its’ much, much easier to strafe with the BR.

So I guess, the bottom line is that if both players are in a position where they cannot miss a single shot (long range with minimal cover), the DMR will always come out on top, but in situations where strafing makes a difference, the BR has an advantage.

In BTB though, the DMR is pretty much the only logical weapon.

> “I’m barely ever killed by a DMR. It’s about range. Up front I don’t even take half damage by the time i’ve BR’d somebody. Light Rifle also storms it absolutely everywhere”.
>
> You wouldn’t by any chance have played one game, would you? Maybe two at most?

Could be playing a more closed-in type playlist. DMR is more common in BTB than Dominion. I stay away from BTB and use the Storm Rifle with little DMR troubles.

The DMR is pretty annoying though.

> BUTT-HURT ALERT:
>
> To the people who like the DMR as it is, take the MLG emblem off, try using an AR. Let’s see how well you do then, then you’ll see HOW UNFAIR IT IS TO THE PEOPLE WANTING TO USE ONE OF THE OTHER 11 LOADOUT WEAPONS.

First, why bring MLG into it? You make it sound like every MLG player likes the DMR… they dont. Go look at Throwdown… No DMR in v2. (I personally like the DMR but it could use some tweaks)

Second, No offense but if MLG players are destroying you with the DMR, they probably would still win with AR starts. Its funny that people think competitive players are only good with certain game setting. They still run people in MM they just understand that its unbalanced.