Forced to forfeit XP or play offline

So last night I got kicked off of xbox live mid game. I turned my console off & when I got back on halo 4, I was given the message below.

“Your offline XP exceeds what can be brought online. By authenticating this account you will lose 2588 offline XP but you will gain access to a wider variety of online rewards as well as bonus armor and emblem rewards on Halo Waypoint.
-Yes, go online and forfeit 2588 XP
-No, continue as an offline Spartain”

Up until now I thought that the majority of halo fans were being a bit harsh on 343 because even with as many shortcomings as they’ve had on multiplayer, I think they’ve done a phenomenal job on graphics & campaign. Back to the message, I’m already an SR 130 so XP wasn’t an issue because of that, I just think it’s ridiculous that I was forced to give up XP that I’ve earned or else be forced to play offline as an SR 1 with no armor, specializations, commendations, etc. that again, I’ve EARNED. I’m honestly not very clear on what “exceeding offline xp” means, but I really feel like this wouldn’t have happened on bungee’s watch. All the more reason to anticipate Destiny I suppose.

Message Pictured Here

> I’m honestly not very clear on what “exceeding offline xp” means, but I really feel like this wouldn’t have happened on bungee’s watch.

I’m pretty sure Bungie introduced the system of an offline cap & forfeit of XP if converting to online in Halo Reach.

Also, it sounds like a bug or glitch. When you selected to go online and forfeit the XP did it still say you were SR-130?

I don’t fully understand, but either way…

isn’t 2588 exp almost nothing? Youg get as much from a single game of BTB doncha?

> I’m pretty sure Bungie introduced the system of an offline cap & forfeit of XP if converting to online in Halo Reach.
>
> Also, it sounds like a bug or glitch. When you selected to go online and forfeit the XP did it still say you were SR-130?

Yes, it said I was an SR-130 after I forfeited the XP. Before I forfeited though I pressed No just to see what happened & sure enough it set me as an SR-1, so I had no choice but to forfeit the XP or lose the SR-130 that I’ve worked for.

> I don’t fully understand, but either way…
>
> isn’t 2588 exp almost nothing? Youg get as much from a single game of BTB doncha?

It wasn’t really a matter of losing XP, I just didn’t really like not having any other option & receiving such a vague explanation as to why I was being given this ultimatum. They were clear in saying that I’d exceeded offline XP but knowing how they calculated or came to that conclusion would have been nice.

> > I’m pretty sure Bungie introduced the system of an offline cap & forfeit of XP if converting to online in Halo Reach.
> >
> > Also, it sounds like a bug or glitch. When you selected to go online and forfeit the XP did it still say you were SR-130?
>
> Yes, it said I was an SR-130 after I forfeited the XP. Before I forfeited though I pressed No just to see what happened & sure enough it set me as an SR-1, so I had no choice but to forfeit the XP or lose the SR-130 that I’ve worked for.
>
>
>
> > I don’t fully understand, but either way…
> >
> > isn’t 2588 exp almost nothing? Youg get as much from a single game of BTB doncha?
>
> It wasn’t really a matter of losing XP, I just didn’t really like not having any other option & receiving such a vague explanation as to why I was being given this ultimatum. They were clear in saying that I’d exceeded offline XP but knowing how they calculated or came to that conclusion would have been nice.

You are allowed 10,000 offline xp to be brought online per day.
The system exists to stop someone from modding/cheating the system. Which, as said before, was set in place for Reach by Bungie.

I don’t fully understand it either lol

never see that before