For What Reasons Do People Hate Halo 4?

Lets start off by saying that I absolutely love what 343i has done with Halo 4, but yet there are still the comments relating to “Halo is ruined” or “its killed” and my favorite, “The storyline of Halo doesn’t make sense anymore”. Why do these past Halo lovers turn into haters?

To name a few (I still like Halo, not as much as 3 though) but most of my friends quit this game for those reasons:

• Horrible matchmaking with no region filter
  • bad weapon balancing
  • too much “luck” involved in gameplay (ordenance and weapon spawns)
  • loadouts
  • Lack of good maps
  • vehicular combat which made halo a great franchise sucks overall
  • calllofdutyzation

Halo 4 is Halo in the looks, but feels and plays like a “modern shooter” thus lost a lot of its former glory.

Also this was intentional by the devs, as somewhere in the Bulletin they said they made the weapons to feel like in other modern shooters to appeal to a broader audience.

The game itself isn’t bad, it’s only a bad title in the Halo series. And with bad I mainly mean the matchmaking.
Campaign was decent overall, still not anywhere near H1 but good for a first try.

It’s not that I hate it, I think it’s okay it’s just different…like really different from the weapons, to the loadouts, to the JiP, to the spawns, even the maps just don’t feel the same. As many people said I wish there was a classic setting to balance things out.

There hasn’t been an amazing Halo game since Halo CE.

Halo CE had skillful to aim weapons.
Halo CE had a sandbox where every weapon was unique.
Halo CE had proper (though not perfect) weapon balance.*
Halo CE had good maps and incorporated vehicles well.

*Argue about killtimes all you want. They are not the only aspect of the game. The only truly useless weapons were the Needler and AR.

Halo 2 fundamentally changed the game, for the worst in some aspects.
Halo 3 was an attempt to expand upon and fix Halo 2. IMO, it worked more or less.
Halo Reach was a mostly failed attempt to go back to HCE and innovate on it.
Halo 4 is a mix of Reach, Three and Modern Games.

Since when have perks, killstreaks, large and dull maps, or easy gameplay ever been a core aspect of Halo?

Campaign, Spartan Ops, etc. are fine but not the main reason I stick around the game.

-Custom Games have been massively downgraded and received little to nothing new.

-Matchmaking is poorly organized. A Ranked and Social playlist split has been a fan favorite since Halo 3, Reach finally got one near the end of its cycle but 343 didn’t think to include something that practically everyone was begging for.

-Infinity Slayer is the main gametype of Halo 4. Sure it’s 343’s new idea for a Slayer gamemode in Halo, but replacing good old Team Slayer with it is just an immensely stupid decision.

-Campaign lacked innovation. Maps were linear, AI were dumb, no Scarab battles(Lich was completely scripted and a terrible placebo), characters other than Chief & Cortana aren’t explained or have any meaningful presence, and the story isn’t explained well at all to those that haven’t read the entire expanded universe.

-Forge has also been downgraded. Precision editing has been removed, magnets don’t always work and only work for basic structures, Dominion has the only new forging pieces, dull Forerunner grey got replaced with bland UNSC white(Even though UNSC buildings have never been that white. Generated lighting is also annoying cannot be disabled, this causes major framerate issues.

-Art direction is weird. Armor is loosely slapped onto a Spartan’s bodysuit, which is no longer completely black unless you’re MC or one of the SIV’s in SpOps. Marines don’t look futuristic, they’re wearing fabric armor and MOLLE. Also, I shouldn’t be able to see through the burning hot plasma of the Energy Sword, also Halo 3’s electricity running up between the blades looked awesome.

-Dual Wielding didn’t come back.

-Sprint is permanently enabled and can’t be disabled by users.

-Maps aren’t good for Halo gameplay and standards. This might be because of sprint.

-No playable Elites in multiplayer. I mean seriously, what the -blam!-?

-BR sounds like a pellet gun and Hammer sounds like dubstep.

-Bloom still exists on some weapons.

-Other than the Lightrifle and Boltshot the Promethean weapons don’t have anything unique about them.

-Why don’t we have drivable Pelicans, Phantoms, Longswords, Seraphs, and Scarabs yet?

-Why bring back the Elephant, now bigger and called the Mammoth, if it’s only in once Campaign mission and isn’t drivable?

-No human aircraft in Multiplayer. This is the first game since Halo 2 to not have this.

-The game lacks any super awesome Forge map like Halo Reach did with Forgeworld. I expected Forgeworld to be at least 2 times as big in Halo 4, instead I got 3 small, confined maps with poor terrain and a forge palette that doesn’t match the surroundings.

Do I need to say more? Because I’m pretty sure I can.

Well as you can see from the above posts ^^^^^ there are many reasons, but I think we can agree its because Halo 4 looks like Halo but it plays like any other FPS and that is not what we expect from a Halo title. 343i tried making Halo4 their way and now they are realizing their mistake considering all the fixes they are implementing. I just hope that Halo is nowhere near as bad as this and they just return to the roots of Halo CE and go from there.

> To name a few (I still like Halo, not as much as 3 though) but most of my friends quit this game for those reasons:
>
> - Horrible matchmaking with no region filter
> - bad weapon balancing
> - too much “luck” involved in gameplay (ordenance and weapon spawns)
> - loadouts
> - Lack of good maps
> - vehicular combat which made halo a great franchise sucks overall
> - calllofdutyzation
>
> Halo 4 is Halo in the looks, but feels and plays like a “modern shooter” thus lost a lot of its former glory.
>
> Also this was intentional by the devs, as somewhere in the Bulletin they said they made the weapons to feel like in other modern shooters to appeal to a broader audience.
>
> The game itself isn’t bad, it’s only a bad title in the Halo series. And with bad I mainly mean the matchmaking.
> Campaign was decent overall, still not anywhere near H1 but good for a first try.

This exactly

My main complaints is Multiplayer (War games, Spartan Ops and Campaign) which has been:

1. Bad host selection code (they preferentially take new Xbox users over just best connection), so that I wind up with 70% of the games lagged with > 1 second response time. You can not kill people with 1 second of lag - despite me having a connection that is < 100 ms of ping time across North America, 38 Mbps down and 2.89 Mbps up load rates. I think I have been host 2 times in about 1500 war games.

2. Lack a “Local Only” filter which would eliminate crap like MP games where I ams stuck with “the United Nations” of players (i.e. China, USA , Chile, Argentina, UK, Germany, Japan and Norway players in one BTB game - when I’m in Western Canada and the host is in Mexico on dialup). Yes I realize this will increase waiting times in the lobby waiting for games.

3. Lack of “Best Connection” filter as in Reach and waiting in the lobby for good connections is acceptable.

4. Allowing JIP as an Option, so I can decide if I want to wait in the lobby for a game of my choice rather than be tossed into something I don’t want to play either for the Map or the Game Type. Choice is a good thing.

I realize Lag can still happen, but at least 343 could give us some tools to try and address it - but that ins’t going to happen (all they are doing now is tweaking weapon game play - maybe if they actually played outside in the real world - they’d realize just how terrible MP is now).

I enjoy solo Campaign (I’ve played all of the since Halo CE) and sol Spartan Ops (the 1.5 half better than the first 1.0 half) too, but Multiplayer on either of them is usually a horrible experience due to Lag.

Milton

> Lets start off by saying that I absolutely love what 343i has done with Halo 4, but yet there are still the comments relating to “Halo is ruined” or “its killed” and my favorite, “The storyline of Halo doesn’t make sense anymore”. Why do these past Halo lovers turn into haters?

because 343i completely changed how Halo is played. all the halos bungie produced generally played the same, but they had some key differences that set them apart (reach is an exception)

Halo 4 plays more like modern shooters (CoD or Battlefield) than it does halo; AA are an annoying, unbalanced replacements of equipment, and the forge was hardly improved.

Halo 4 also got rid of key features of halo, like the descope which made sniping harder, and the idea that everyone starts with the same weapons. They also removed a lot of the iconic weapons and vehicles of the halo franchise.

I actually liked the campaign though

> To name a few (I still like Halo, not as much as 3 though) but most of my friends quit this game for those reasons:
>
> - Horrible matchmaking with no region filter Define “horrible matchmaking”
> - bad weapon balancing Fixed in 2 days
> - too much “luck” involved in gameplay (ordenance and weapon spawns) Fixed by Slayer Pro
> - loadouts Fixed by Slayer Pro
> - Lack of good maps Fixed by Forge maps
> - vehicular combat which made halo a great franchise sucks overall Fixed by Slayer Pro
> - calllofdutyzation Fixed by Slayer Pro
>
> Halo 4 is Halo in the looks, but feels and plays like a “modern shooter” thus lost a lot of its former glory.
>
> Also this was intentional by the devs, as somewhere in the Bulletin they said they made the weapons to feel like in other modern shooters to appeal to a broader audience.
>
> The game itself isn’t bad, it’s only a bad title in the Halo series. And with bad I mainly mean the matchmaking.
> Campaign was decent overall, still not anywhere near H1 but good for a first try. Agreed somewhat

Because H4 took the Halo formula and added COD mechanics.

I dont want sprint, loadouts, shotguns as starting weapons, perks, armor abilities, slow movement, flinch, carepackages, no visible skill ranking system in my Halo. And it should have been that way from launch day.

> > To name a few (I still like Halo, not as much as 3 though) but most of my friends quit this game for those reasons:
> >
> > - Horrible matchmaking with no region filter Define “horrible matchmaking”
> > - bad weapon balancing Fixed in 2 days
> > - too much “luck” involved in gameplay (ordenance and weapon spawns) Fixed by Slayer Pro
> > - loadouts Fixed by Slayer Pro
> > - Lack of good maps Fixed by Forge maps
> > - vehicular combat which made halo a great franchise sucks overall Fixed by Slayer Pro
> > - calllofdutyzation Fixed by Slayer Pro<mark>Not really</mark>
> >
> > Halo 4 is Halo in the looks, but feels and plays like a “modern shooter” thus lost a lot of its former glory.
> >
> > Also this was intentional by the devs, as somewhere in the Bulletin they said they made the weapons to feel like in other modern shooters to appeal to a broader audience.
> >
> > The game itself isn’t bad, it’s only a bad title in the Halo series. And with bad I mainly mean the matchmaking.
> > Campaign was decent overall, still not anywhere near H1 but good for a first try. Agreed somewhat

Does slayer pro remove flinch, add descope, and remove sprint?

and forge doesnt fix good default maps. It helps but it doesnt fix it.

I’m just going to list a few reasons, and you can ask for an explanation of these later:
-the ridiculous auto-aim
-the horrendous UI
-flinching instead of descoping
-didn’t have ranks until recently, and CSR sucks
-overpowered weapons (DMR, beam rifle, needler, etc.)/bad weapon balancing
-join in progress was executed awfully
-ordnance drops
-permanent sprint
-instant weapon despawn time
-awful custom games
-bad maps
-weird spawn system, if you push up too far, then they spawn on your side
-loadouts
-picking up the flag or oddball automatically/can’t drop flag/can throw oddball

And some minor annoying things:
-can’t check scoreboard while moving/can only scroll down with the d-pad
-can’t change after voting for a map
-horrible weapon sounds
-took them months to add in an X over your teammate’s death
-navigating temporary history takes three more steps than before
-343 kept rotating playlists in the beginning
-bungie’s website was easier to navigate than halo waypoint
-instant respawn
-killcams
-ugly medals
-no perfection medal

These lists just go on and on and on…

*INSTANT RESPAWN WTF
*F Sprint
*Melee is still dumb as it always has been, this is a shooter not fight night
*DMR and BR shouldn’t do jack -Yoink- for damage to vehicles (fyi, i don’t use vehicles)
*Spawn with weapons that don’t belong in a loadout (boltshot, plasma pistol, plasma nades)
*Dat DMR baby
*no descope
*have always thought power weapons have way too much ammo to begin with, even worse with ammo perk
*perks
*armor abilities in general (removing camo and pv would be better than nothing)
*random ordnance is seriously limited
*personal ordnance is worse than killstreaks in cod (sniper rifle with ammo = lolzzzzzz no effort running riot)
*can’t drop a flag because some dbags can’t handle (“flag dropped”, “flag taken”)
*There are too many elements in the game that people love to abuse
*Auto aim/bullet magnetism/hit scan
*Rank system is still a joke
*Join in progress is horrible (we start 3 vs 5 ctf, don’t get teammates until 5 mins in…but you will happilly add me to a team in infinity slayer that is losing 50-21 in a 1vs4 where my 1 teammate is afk)
*Voting system is bad, i am tired of playing haven and you should be too
*Kill cams not accurate (tested on multiple xboxs in same house repeatedly), why include a kill cam that literally adds nothing to the game other than frustration for random gamers (I know for a fact, people are like ‘wtf he was shooting straight into the air when he killed me’, and they left simply for that)
*Lagged much more on halo 4 than halo reach
*Sticky nades have homming technology now, but didn’t in halo 2,3 or reach
*Active camo reduces bullet magnetism
*Sword battles not as good as past games
*Sticky detonator was poor replacement for grenade launcher
*Boltshot can still kill in 1 shot at longer range than shotgun
*Melee lunge is still stupid
*Still can’t do 2 person theater mode lololololololololololol
*Forge still mainly has plain objects, for the love of god include different colored textures/skins
*Respawn placements are pretty bad in certain gametypes (lightning flag/multi-team)
*Spartan ops = lolz
*Campaign was okay
*No big team battle playlist, yet you have a big team infinity slayer
*Lack of vehicles in general
*You can literally sprint 1/3 across almost any map in the game without mobility perk
*Hate the dmr (doesn’t miss rifle)
*Overall, I just don’t ‘feel’ the fun when I play it anymore, all I have is hate and frustration anymore (the only other game I had this problem was with halo reach AND armor lock, reach was fine without armor lock)

*Everything listed above removes any form of competitive play from this game

*Wasted my money on a crap game that was a ‘success’ in developer and corporation eyes (DAT $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Now I am sure why you ask why I don’t get another fps? Because halo 4 has game play that is practically the same as the rest, why would i waste my money for a game that is essentially the same thing in spirit???!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Sincerely one p!ssed off gamer,

P.S. Big middle finger to 343

Ahhhhh…i do feel a little better now…lolz enjoy :smiley:

AA’s like Camo and PV, the ability to start with Plasma nades and the people who seems to only be able to rely on kamikaze sticky kills, Infinity settings.

So, you want a list of why I hate Halo 4? Why, I was just adding to my .txt file of things that I hate about it!

IN GENERAL

• Halo Waypoint
  • Weapons removed (Grenade Launcher, Focus Rifle, Plasma Launcher, Needle Rifle, Spiker, Plasma Rifles/Plasma Repeaters) and replaced with crappier ones
  • Armor ability pick ups are gone
  • Secondary weapon icon
  • Removed Falcon & Revenant
  • Everything is less detailed close up
  • Everything pretty much despawns in 12 seconds or less
  • Chief’s eyes revealed IN 343’S FIRST DAMN GAME
  • No firefight
  • Crappy UI
  • Crappy music
  • Crappy limited edition
  • Crappy everything

CAMPAIGN

• Sarah Palmer
  • NO repeating checkpoints
  • No matchmaking
  • Linear level design
  • Drones, engineers and skirmishers removed
  • Repetitive objectives (Insert USB)
  • Annoying enemies (-Yoink!- crawlers)
  • Covenant reduced to peasant-tier enemies
  • Lack of decent weapon ammo (Played through 70% of the game with a suppressor)
  • No theatre
  • Quick time events
  • No in-game explanation of storyline to those not familiar with it
  • Storyline revealed through terminals on Halo Waypoint
  • No-one acknowledges Chief’s return apart from Palmer’s smartass comment
  • Made Mjolnir MK.vI look like -Yoink-
  • Unsatisfying ending

SPARTAN OPS

• Sarah Palmer
  • Worse than firefight
  • Repetitive objectives
  • Too easy, no punishment for dying
  • No theatre

MULTIPLAYER

• JOIN IN PROGRESS MAKES ME WANT TO -Yoinking!- KILL MYSELF SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL
  • No Hog potato gametype
  • Bullet magnetism & aim assist almost as bad as MW3
  • Can’t move with scroeboard open
  • Can’t play as an Elite
  • Tons of emblems are missing
  • -Yoink!- KILLSTREAKS
  • Can’t see other parties in lobby
  • Betrayal announcement removed
  • DMR > All
  • Flinch
  • No descope
  • Custom classes IN HALO
  • DMR breaks maps
  • Medals are awarded much too liberally (Distraction? Might as well throw out a medal for respawning while you’re at it…)
  • Permanent & infinite sprint
  • Boltshot
  • Instant respawn
  • Flood is worse than infection
  • Heaps of removed gamemodes
  • Vehicles are worthless
  • Covenant weapons reduced to peasant-tier munitions
  • Perks
  • -Yoink- armour abilities
  • Dynamic light loading after every single transition from forge ball
  • Crappy forge
  • Crappy maps
  • Crappy theatre
  • Crappy looking armours
  • Ultra crappy killcams
  • Ultra crappy challenges

…and here’s a list of things I like about Halo 4!

• CGI Cutscenes
  • Dynamic lighting

Go to the thread called “things no one says about halo 4” and you will know why.

Link: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst212588_Things-No-One-Says-About-Halo-4.aspx

People hate on Halo 4 for the same reason people hate on EVERY Halo game. Those people who say “oh this time it’s different! This time we really mean it!” are lying to themselves and us.

Fps lag

The same reason entitled and crybaby gamers whine over everything that isn’t perfect. Yet, unbeknownst to them, there is no such thing as perfect.