for true halo fans to read

i have loved to play halo for a very long time and have always enjoyed the experience ive gotten out of playing halo . but after the last 2 halo games im just fed up with halo . the campaigns are not as fun or as good as a thrill ride as the classics the mulitiplayer has its ups and downs but its just boring all im trying to say is i want a halo game that keeps me engaged with the story i want new eniemies that make me really say wow thats going to be tough to kill like when fighting the flood for the first time and when you had to kill that scarab in halo 2 and also bigger fights like back in halo 3 or the battles you would watch in halo wars trailiers , i want a longer campaign experience and a goal that makes me emotionally engaged with the game that makes me want to go on and never stop till i reach that goal of destroying the flood or stoping the covenant or whatever i just want back the experience and the feel of the original games that made me love halo in the first place and the only people who i personally think can do that is bungie halo was there game not 343s all 343s is probably doing is making it worse but i must say im still excited for halo 4 but im worried that it might just be another halo reach or odst

if you think differently or agree please comment and tell me what you think about the current situation of halo

and as bungie always said… see you star side

Paragraphs please.

Anyway, there will be a side campaign in which you play as your Spartan IV, so I’m sure campaign lovers will get a little more fun with Halo 4.

they haven’t revealed to much about the campaign yet but we will see at E3. I am excited for the campaign i think it can go back to the excellent storytelling of the first and the exciting interactions of the third.

Bungie were the ones who took us down the road of reach, I blame them for the last couple games, ODST was cool, but not epic, reach was ok, just not as awe striking as the first 3. Now that bungie has fufuilled their contract and abandoned both their fans and the game that made them who they are, I’m very excited to see what a studio built specifically for halo will do with the game, I’m not positive they’ll pull it off, but I’m very hopeful they can, if anyone can do it, it’s the ones who decided to remaster CE

i actually didnt think of that at the moment i guess i was just so caught up with thinking about halo 1,2,and 3 that it just made me think bungie was what made halo great but what you wrote is true they did abandon us

> i actually didnt think of that at the moment i guess i was just so caught up with thinking about halo 1,2,and 3 that it just made me think bungie was what made halo great but what you wrote is true they did abandon us

I didn’t mean to rain on your nostalgia parade man, my bad, I feel like an -Yoink- now. I’m just really bitter after they said goodbye with friggin reach.

> Bungie were the ones who took us down the road of reach, I blame them for the last couple games, ODST was cool, but not epic, reach was ok, just not as awe striking as the first 3. Now that bungie has fufuilled their contract and abandoned both their fans and the game that made them who they are, I’m very excited to see what a studio built specifically for halo will do with the game, I’m not positive they’ll pull it off, but I’m very hopeful they can, if anyone can do it, it’s the ones who decided to remaster CE

damn straight and well spoken, sir.

Although NMPD Headquarters on ODST was possibly one of the most epic moments in all the games.

i feel the same way but dont feel bad about what you said i really agree with you though i just miss the good old days where people would play halo to have fun like back on halo 3 there wasnt the pressure of ranking up and saving credit for armor that takes so long to earn and you got to admit that taking vid masters out was a little stupid because i have a lot of good memories with my friends on that last level of halo 3 tying to earn that achievement for the vid masters i hope they put one on halo 4

> i feel the same way but dont feel bad about what you said i really agree with what you i just miss the good old days where people would play halo to have fun like back on halo 3 there wasnt the pressure of ranking up and saving credit for armor that takes so long to earn and you got to admit that taking vid masters out was a little stupid because i have a lot of good memories with my friends on that last level of halo 3 tying to earn that achievement for the vid masters i hope they put one on halo 4

Yeah. I remember distinctly getting each vidmaster.
My Endure was freaking 2 and a half hours. A full length movie. I remember carrying the team, and then fighting the chieftans with no ammo. So much win.

A true halo fan would realizes that there are many similarities in reach and ce. I like all halo games but 343 giving us more options does not impeed gameplay.

In all honesty I am loyal to bungie, but I would rather have a group excited to make a better halo (343) than one burnt out on halo (bungie).

Also there are a lot of former bungie staffers there.

true dude odst endure vidmaster was so much fun i just remeber being on a ghost finally making that last jump into the forward onto dawn and watching the legendary ending on halo 3 with my friends one of my most memorable moment in halo

Halo 3 broke the ice of good beginnings in my opinion. Halo CE and 2 had great openings, but 3 felt rushed and didnt exactly explain too much how chief got off the juggernaut ship.
(in game, not counting the comic) and it almost expected you to know how to play right off the bat.

Halo 4’s beginning is already looking to be a homage of halo ce. Who’s to say thats a wrong move?

High life i completly feel where you’re coming from with your original post. After Halo 3, the excitement of the game and story specifically really went down. Lone Wanderer also brings up a great point that the great company that brought you Halo 1, 2, and 3 also brought you ODST and Reach.

I think the Halo series is going to start going in a slightly different direction with 343 industries in charge. This worries me BUT at the same time this is a team of 250 people, some of which came from Bungie, and all of which came from other places because they LOVE Halo. I am more excited to see where they take Halo because it is so many different people from so many different backgrounds with so many different ideas. . . . and the best part is all of them left wherever they were because they wanted to be apart of Halo.

343i is a new company but it is comprised of people with years upon years of experience in many different genres so everybody that doubts their capabilities I believe are singleminded. That doesn’t say that people don’t have a reason to worry. Some people on these forums just want a regurgitated version of Halo 2 or 3 which makes them more similar to COD than 343i adding in “perks” and “loadouts”

Sorry about my rant i’m just sick of everybody on the forums stating that 343i is turning Halo into COD when that is not the case by the information we know now. People are judging a game completly just by minor details that have been released. All in all I’ll be at gamestop or best buy at midnight to pick up Halo 4 and I’m excited as hell to play through the campaign, spartan ops, and kill some people in multiplayer.

> when you had to kill that scarab in halo 2

What Halo 2 did you play? All I remember of that was “Dodge the big Scarab killing New Mombasa, that thing’s going to be a pain to kill.” and then “Alright, jumping on the Scarab, everyone’s dead, now how do I blow this thing up? Oh…”

To say you kill the Scarab in Halo 2 is like saying you get to pilot a Pelican at the end of Cortana.

So far the reactions now are pretty standard for when a franchise changes hands. This same thing happend when fans found out Bethesda got Fallout, “it’s not fallout without black isle” they all said, then they announced it wasn’t going to be a top down turn based game but rather built on the same ignite as oblivion, “it’s not fallout without top down turn based combat, vats won’t work in real time combat!!!” was the lament then, later they announced it would be on the east coast, “what about the chosen one and the NCR? It’s never going to feel right on the east coast!!!” was all over the place then, what I’m getting at is the situation we have in the forums now is to be expected, but Fallout 3 went on to be game of the year, there’s no reason the same cant happen with Halo and 343i

> Fallout 3 went on to be game of the year, there’s no reason the same cant happen with Halo and 343i

Dude. It’s HALO. We’re not talking some run-of-the-mill FPS, it’s freaking HALO. I would be shocked and offended if it didn’t get Game of the Year somewhere down the line.

> > Fallout 3 went on to be game of the year, there’s no reason the same cant happen with Halo and 343i
>
> Dude. It’s HALO. We’re not talking some run-of-the-mill FPS, it’s freaking HALO. I would be shocked and offended if it didn’t get Game of the Year somewhere down the line.

… I know that dude, but you missed my point, why do people always miss my points lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Speak for yourself.

No one gave you the authority to call any one true fan, i enjoyed previous Halos and the new ones as well.

> … I know that dude, but you missed my point, why do people always miss my points lol :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, don’t worry, I did actually get your point. I was just being a fanboy.

Lol it’s cool, I feel a lot of nostalgia and attatchment to Halo, it’s been with me since junior year in high school, I’ve seen this exact situation before, in the end it will probably be fine.