For true H3 fans

As we all know Reach has become (unfortunately) the new poster boy for the halo games. Now we can bring H3 back, maybe not to its prime, but to a new level beyond what any critic or Reach fanboy could possibly imagine. There is no need to go to reach, play H3. Believe me when I say that games are still plentiful at almost any level. You can still enjoy the (clearly) superior game in the series. Im not asking you to be a top tier player, im simply asking that those of you who can remember countless hours of customs, MM, and campaign have nothing to fear about returning.

We even have a new tracking site, which those of you higher calibur players will soon realize is far less biased than HC.
MetaHalo

As well as a group devoted to H3 and making it better
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/398289/Forums/topics.aspx?forumID=405156

All I can ask of you 343, that is if this applies, and if not I will take this to bungie (lol bungie) and once again try to get them to help, is please ban derankers and cheaters. I have no problem giving various examples of cheaters and boosters/derankers to get them banned ASAP as well as proof. With your help H3 can be what it used to and better.

> please ban derankers and cheaters. I have no problem giving various examples of cheaters and boosters/derankers to get them banned ASAP as well as proof.

Do NOT want. I have already had one main forever banned, if my booster gets banned I will probably destroy my xbox.

Why is there a need to have a booster anyway? The game is 3.5 years old, and should still be a source for legitimate games. On a side account I started up in order to get familiar with the the button layouts, i found at least every other game to have a booster/deranker, and it’s disappointing.

> > please ban derankers and cheaters. I have no problem giving various examples of cheaters and boosters/derankers to get them banned ASAP as well as proof.
>
> Do NOT want. I have already had one main forever banned, if my booster gets banned I will probably destroy my xbox.

I read this as, “I’ve been banned once for cheating already. Please don’t ban me again.”

On topic: yes Halo 3 still should get attention for multiplayer since people still do play it.

Halo 3 is now filled with derankers, boosters and host booters. It is also difficult going back to Halo 3 from Halo Reach because of the huge difference in graphics. Why would I waste time playing a game where the player looks like a plastic action figure and be in yellow bar the whole time?

Just face it, Halo 3 is dying and you need to let it go.

> Halo 3 is now filled with derankers, boosters and host booters. It is also difficult going back to Halo 3 from Halo Reach because of the huge difference in graphics. Why would I waste time playing a game where the player looks like a plastic action figure and be in yellow bar the whole time?
>
> Just face it, Halo 3 is dying and you need to let it go.

Why would you feel a game with ridiculous amounts of motion blur has better graphics?

Anyways, if they(343) could update certain aspects of matchmaking, or at least influence Bungie enough to, I feel it would be a great choice.

LOL Motion Blur???

Something is wrong with your settings body. I have never heard anyone complain about motion blur on Halo Reach.

Still doesn’t change the fact that the graphics on Halo Reach are far superior than the cartoonish graphics on Halo 3.

Also I don’t think 343i should waste their time and resources updating a game that is near the point of death.

> the graphics on Halo Reach are far superior than the cartoonish graphics on Halo 3.

Maybe, but Halo 3’s art style is much more appealing. Reach is gritty, bland and all the colors look washed out.

> > the graphics on Halo Reach are far superior than the cartoonish graphics on Halo 3.
>
> Maybe, but Halo 3’s art style is much more appealing. Reach is gritty, bland and all the colors look washed out.

As the way it probably was meant to be. Reach is not a video game about a unicorn that eats butterflies and poops rainbows. The gritty, bland and washed out colors give Reach the color palette it needs to reflect the tale.

I like both, is that ok?

I like the reliability (familiarity) of Halo 3 but I like the improved engine and graphics in Reach (NOT AL!)

> > > the graphics on Halo Reach are far superior than the cartoonish graphics on Halo 3.
> >
> > Maybe, but Halo 3’s art style is much more appealing. Reach is gritty, bland and all the colors look washed out.
>
> As the way it probably was meant to be. Reach is not a video game about a unicorn that eats butterflies and poops rainbows. The gritty, bland and washed out colors give Reach the color palette it needs to reflect the tale.

I agree, but that doesn’t change the fact that Reach isn’t a very aesthetically pleasing game (for me at least.)

> Halo 3 is now filled with derankers, boosters and host booters. It is also difficult going back to Halo 3 from Halo Reach because of the huge difference in graphics. Why would I waste time playing a game where the player looks like a plastic action figure and be in yellow bar the whole time?
>
> Just face it, Halo 3 is dying and you need to let it go.

not everybody plays video games purely because of the graphics broski

> Halo 3 is now filled with derankers, boosters and host booters. It is also difficult going back to Halo 3 from Halo Reach because of the huge difference in graphics. Why would I waste time playing a game where the player looks like a plastic action figure and be in yellow bar the whole time?
>
> Just face it, Halo 3 is dying and you need to let it go.

True, but with a few tweaks to the banhammer it would be all too easy to insta ban cheaters.

Oh and H3 is still ranked #7 in online population, so sorry its not as dead as you think it is. I almost find games faster in H3 than in Reach. Maybe its time for you to move on?

> Oh and H3 is still ranked #7 in online population, so sorry its not as dead as you think it is. I almost find games faster in H3 than in Reach.

Source for this info please…

I dusted off my copy of Halo 3 a couple days ago and it takes like 10 minutes to get a game going on every playlist I’ve tried. It says there is only like 23,000 - 25,000 people online. I’ve ran into people after achievements, people who seem to have just got the game, and 5 star generals with max rank 5000+ exp who thinks it’s funny to play against lower rank less skilled players. I doubt 343 can/will make any changes with Halo 3 multiplayer. I mean Bungie has already abandoned Halo 3. Between Reach and all the other multiplayer games out today most people are not going to play a game as old as Halo 3.

> > Oh and H3 is still ranked #7 in online population, so sorry its not as dead as you think it is. I almost find games faster in H3 than in Reach.
>
> Source for this info please…
>
> I dusted off my copy of Halo 3 a couple days ago and it takes like 10 minutes to get a game going on every playlist I’ve tried. It says there is only like 23,000 - 25,000 people online. I’ve ran into people after achievements, people who seem to have just got the game, and 5 star generals with max rank 5000+ exp who thinks it’s funny to play against lower rank less skilled players. I doubt 343 can/will make any changes with Halo 3 multiplayer. I mean Bungie has already abandoned Halo 3. Between Reach and all the other multiplayer games out today most people are not going to play a game as old as Halo 3.

Major Nelson gives a listing of the Online Populations for 360 games, his last release showed H3 at #7.

Also your point about playing older games is null and void. MW2 came second place only behind Blops.

Reach came in at 3rd. Also since then Reachs population has dropped even further

H3 is still a well populated game and saying otherwise is ignorant, if you dont want to play it dont, but dont try to pass it off as a dead game when its population is still high for its age

I looked through major nelson’s blog and on page 6 I found the newest Live activity list which is from the week of February 7. Halo 3 is #12 out of 20 and if you like the game then that’s fine but don’t go around the forums here trashing Reach just cause you don’t like it. You want to talk about your “great” Halo 3 I’m sure bnet has some people over there that will share your point of view as I doubt you’ll find people here who will agree with you.

I came back to Halo 3 to play a few games, I owned. I got a perfection which I have bever done before and I could never do so in Reach. Halo 3 is easier IMO. I like Reach more.

> I came back to Halo 3 to play a few games, I owned. I got a perfection which I have never done before and I could never do so in Reach. Halo 3 is easier IMO. I like Reach more.

The first few games I played I got owned, lol. Hitting the wrong buttons makes it hard to get kills (like hitting RB to melee and just reloading my gun). The thing I never liked about Halo 3 and it’s still there today is there are too many WTH moments in the game. Like I put a clip into this guy without him shooting me at all, then I melee him but he does not die, he just melee’s me and I die. Then you got the 10 feet lunge in the melee. I prefer Reach as I’ve never had a WTH moment in the game. It is always very clear what happened to cause my death. This is the last I will say on the subject as I’m done feeding the troll.

> I looked through major nelson’s blog and on page 6 I found the newest Live activity list which is from the week of February 7. Halo 3 is #12 out of 20 and if you like the game then that’s fine but don’t go around the forums here trashing Reach just cause you don’t like it. You want to talk about your “great” Halo 3 I’m sure bnet has some people over there that will share your point of view as I doubt you’ll find people here who will agree with you.

Thank you for correcting him. I hate how people go around making up statistics.

Also you can’t argue the fact that Halo Reach’s graphics are far more detailed than those of Halo 3.

Enjoy playing Halo 3 with whatever is left of the population and don’t forget the boosters, derankers and host booters.

ok my mistake, its 12 now, I havent checked in a month or two. Regardless my points still stand. Im not trashing reach, I havent even said anything really bad about it. You are the one who refuses to see that H3 is the superior game and I feel sorry for you. At any rate H3 is no where near dead, and that doesnt mean there are tons of cheaters/derankers. The fact is even if there are a few of them it is very easy to not nget matched up with them by playing with friends.

H3 should be updated because it still has a loyal fanbase with people who can appreciate a well made game. Reach fan boys have nothing to do with what im asking. If you want to play reach fine, then you have no further business posting in this thread.