For those with "constructive criticism", ....

some of you have been on an all out crusade to influence 343i based upon your knowledge of Halo books and/or vast game-play experiences. However, besides nerfing down the AAs that were OP (like PV and Jetpack), 343i has essentially stuck to their guns on upcoming changes to be introduced in Halo 4. Given this to be the case:

1. Do you still plan on purchasing the game?

2. If no, what was the straw that broke the camel’s back for you that prevents you from purchasing the game? (if applicable)

3. If yes, will you continue to be vocal on your issues and/or any necessary patches that 343i may need to implement? (if applicable)

I play as a spartan, I want to have weapons and equipment that a spartan would be given. Spartans are the best of the best and get access to what ever they require to get the job done. Do people complain when another country makes something that is “OP”? No, they make there own better weapon. Humanity would have way better tech if if the forerunners didn’t Yoink! the tech that the precursors tried to give to us.

If you were here back in march, someone said something the made frankie pretty mad. He said, you know what, we are making this game the way we want to make it. No community input needed. Thanks, good day.

> If you were here back in march, someone said something the made frankie pretty mad. He said, you know what, we are making this game the way we want to make it. No community input needed. Thanks, good day.

Link to quote? source?

When don’t need a repeat of BF3 were Dice didn’t know when to listen to the community and when to not to listen to them. They also only listened to the complainers most of the time. I hope this never happens to halo!

of course i’m getting it, a lot of the videos might express a lot of problems (i now know why though) its still going to be a million times better then reach ever was.

They are the creators for a reason. Not saying that everything they do is right, but in the end, all things considered, i’d much rather they make the game than anyone else here including myself. We all think we know what’s good for the game, but if any one of us made the game, it wouldn’t turn out any better, likely worse.

It would result in either casuals or competitive players being ignored. Weapons unbalanced, likely with the br as the only useful weapon. There wouldn’t be any real changes or improvements made, no chances taken, we’d keep playing the same gameplay over and over. The maps would all be small symmetrical maps or huge BTB maps with elephants etc.

Point being…they know what they are doing. What they do is NOT easy. They have to cater to all kinds of players, with as little bias as possible. People’s posts on here and most of their complaints prove to me, they do not know what’s best for the series, would play it safe and deliver virtually the same game over and over, or would only cater to one group of players.

Sometimes we don’t know what we want. Let them do their job, they wont be perfect as none of us are either, but they’ll put out a better product. Experience playing games, does not mean you know all there is to know about making a game good, or successful. It helps, but its not nearly the same.

That’s my opinion. Ill be buying the game, got LE all paid off.

> > If you were here back in march, someone said something the made frankie pretty mad. He said, you know what, we are making this game the way we want to make it. No community input needed. Thanks, good day.
>
> Link to quote? source?

The damn search bar doesnt work anymore and i am not going all the way back to find it. He said it and thats the truth. It was one of the few posts he made over here before going back over to gaf.

> They are the creators for a reason. Not saying that everything they do is right, but in the end, all things considered, i’d much rather they make the game than anyone else here including myself. We all think we know what’s good for the game, but if any one of us made the game, it wouldn’t turn out any better, likely worse.
>
> It would result in either casuals or competitive players being ignored. Weapons unbalanced, likely with the br as the only useful weapon. There wouldn’t be any real changes or improvements made, no chances taken, we’d keep playing the same gameplay over and over. The maps would all be small symmetrical maps or huge BTB maps with elephants etc.
>
> Point being…they know what they are doing. What they do is NOT easy. They have to cater to all kinds of players, with as little bias as possible. People’s posts on here and most of their complaints prove to me, they do not know what’s best for the series, would play it safe and deliver virtually the same game over and over, or would only cater to one group of players.
>
> Sometimes we don’t know what we want. Let them do their job, they wont be perfect as none of us are either, but they’ll put out a better product. Experience playing games, does not mean you know all there is to know about making a game good, or successful. It helps, but its not nearly the same.
>
> That’s my opinion. Ill be buying the game, got LE all paid off.

I dont think I’d make it necessary to add a perk to pick up grenades off someone you killed or add slight of hand and marathon pro.

I know I’m such a wild halo purist =|

> > > If you were here back in march, someone said something the made frankie pretty mad. He said, you know what, we are making this game the way we want to make it. No community input needed. Thanks, good day.
> >
> > Link to quote? source?
>
> The damn search bar doesnt work anymore and i am not going all the way back to find it. He said it and thats the truth. It was one of the few posts he made over here before going back over to gaf.

They shold just close the forums then. No purpose in having them if they dont care.

makes 0 sense

> > > > If you were here back in march, someone said something the made frankie pretty mad. He said, you know what, we are making this game the way we want to make it. No community input needed. Thanks, good day.
> > >
> > > Link to quote? source?
> >
> > The damn search bar doesnt work anymore and i am not going all the way back to find it. He said it and thats the truth. It was one of the few posts he made over here before going back over to gaf.
>
> They shold just close the forums then. No purpose in having them if they dont care.
>
> makes 0 sense

The forums are a place to talk about the games, post screenshots, recruit players, general chat, information and news viewing. No where, has a dev forum ever been a place for the community to give ideas to the dev for building a game. Sorry if i am bursting bubbles, but thats the simple truth.

> I dont think I’d make it necessary to add a perk to pick up grenades off someone you killed or add slight of hand and marathon pro.
>
>
> I know I’m such a wild halo purist =|

Like I said, not everything they do we’re gonna agree with. Not everything will be perfect to us. That doesn’t make it a poor decision though. In the long run, it could prove for a better gameplay experience. Who knows…

This is coming from a grenade user… I use them pretty efficiently, both frags and stickies. So yeah, don’t think i’m all for it. I’m just being optimistic here. Give them the benefit of the doubt and judge after the game is in our hands. Even so, not everything will be the right decision. It’s impossible to be perfect.

> If you were here back in march, someone said something the made frankie pretty mad. He said, you know what, we are making this game the way we want to make it. No community input needed. Thanks, good day.

I joined just afterward, but Frankie has way more patience than I do because I would have issued a global Yoink off a long time ago with a buy it or miss out disclaimer. :=)