For those who will buy the Limited Edition

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The Halo Waypoint community deserves to be scammed. So go right at it.

Clearly not. I and many other Halo fans love Halo and want to learn more about Halo 4. 343 deserve my good earned money for me to buy the limited edition, simply because of all the hard work they put into the game for us Halo fans!

And the uttermost depressing fact is, the majority of Halo Waypoint’s community will blatantly ignore this message.

> You’re getting scammed.

That’s fine with me. I like Halo, and it’s up to me on how I spend my money.

Not sure why you’re pointing this out now. Everyone knows that there will be a playlist designed specifically for the latest DLC pack and once new DLC releases, that older DLC playlist will disappear. This is how every game has worked, even in games like CoD.

Oh, Ok, I get it. So, nobody buy DLC maps because 2 years after release and a few months before the next game they will take away DLC playlists! /sarcasm I’m getting the LE, deal with it, I don’t need to to tell me when I’m getting scammed, I’m not an idiot.

For one, Halo 4 is not Reach. You go on and on about what happened about Reach, but your opinion about what may happen in Halo 4 is of course not fact.

> Not sure why you’re pointing this out now. Everyone knows that there will be a playlist designed specifically for the latest DLC pack and once new DLC releases, that older DLC playlist will disappear. This is how every game has worked, even in games like CoD.

Except for the part where there is always a DLC playlist available in every Call of Duty game at all times. There’s still the DLC Moshpit playlist in Black Ops, and it will remain there far long after Black Ops 2 is released.

> And the uttermost depressing fact is, the majority of Halo Waypoint’s community will blatantly ignore this message.

Ya, because your telling us not to support DLC that 343 releases. No one is going to listen to you. You’re on a forum for Halo 4, and telling people not to buy map packs for Halo 4, nice.

Oh right, because £7 is just so much.

I’m buying the LE.

Reach was not initially built by 343i. It wasn’t really THEIR game until March.

I have a good feeling that the DLC will be handled more efficiently in Halo 4. A lot more efficiently.

In the mean time, however, try and get it into your head that your opinion is not fact.

Because the DLC is the one thing in the LE right?

> > Not sure why you’re pointing this out now. Everyone knows that there will be a playlist designed specifically for the latest DLC pack and once new DLC releases, that older DLC playlist will disappear. This is how every game has worked, even in games like CoD.
>
> Except for the part where there is always a DLC playlist available in every Call of Duty game at all times. There’s still the DLC Moshpit playlist in Black Ops, and it will remain there far long after Black Ops 2 is released.

Ignore cod and talk about halo, who cares what they do. They aren’t the same developers.

> Oh, Ok, I get it. So, nobody buy DLC maps because 2 years after release and a few months before the next game they will take away DLC playlists! /sarcasm I’m getting the LE, deal with it, I don’t need to to tell me when I’m getting scammed, I’m not an idiot.

Every single DLC playlist didn’t last more than 6 months. After 6 months, you can hardly ever play in the maps you paid for to have forever.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Oh, Ok, I get it. So, nobody buy DLC maps because 2 years after release and a few months before the next game they will take away DLC playlists! /sarcasm I’m getting the LE, deal with it, I don’t need to to tell me when I’m getting scammed, I’m not an idiot.

You’re not giving me a lot of reason to make me think otherwise of you. Every single DLC playlist didn’t last more than 6 months. After 6 months, you can hardly ever play in the maps you paid for to have forever.

> > Not sure why you’re pointing this out now. Everyone knows that there will be a playlist designed specifically for the latest DLC pack and once new DLC releases, that older DLC playlist will disappear. This is how every game has worked, even in games like CoD.
>
> Except for the part where there is always a DLC playlist available in every Call of Duty game at all times. There’s still the DLC Moshpit playlist in Black Ops, and it will remain there far long after Black Ops 2 is released.

There is still the Anniversary Team Playlist. That is a DLC playlist that is still available.

I’m not getting the LE, but I will get the map pack later because I know I will get to play them.

> > And the uttermost depressing fact is, the majority of Halo Waypoint’s community will blatantly ignore this message.
>
> Ya, because your telling us not to support DLC that 343 releases. No one is going to listen to you. You’re on a forum for Halo 4, and telling people not to buy map packs for Halo 4, nice.

In all honesty, I’m doing you guys a favor. I wish there was someone like me telling me this before I purchased the Noble Map Pack.

Take the advice or waste your money. Whatever.

I’m sorry but I don’t need you to tell me if I’m getting scammed or not. I have the reason to think for myself and come up with an opinion I see fit.

Goodbye

Read the bulletin it gives the reason why.

> > > And the uttermost depressing fact is, the majority of Halo Waypoint’s community will blatantly ignore this message.
> >
> > Ya, because your telling us not to support DLC that 343 releases. No one is going to listen to you. You’re on a forum for Halo 4, and telling people not to buy map packs for Halo 4, nice.
>
> In all honesty, I’m doing you guys a favor. I wish there was someone like me telling me this before I purchased the Noble Map Pack.
>
> Take the advice or waste your money. Whatever.

I’ll gladly “waste” my money to support Halo 4. Stop being so pessimistic. Why do you think they make new maps? It’s because the old ones get tiring after a few months, just as new map packs get boring after a few months. Plus, 3 had a playlist where all DLC is required. Hopefully, 4 is the same way.

> Oh right, because £7 is just so much.
>
> I’m buying the LE.
>
> Reach was not initially built by 343i. It wasn’t really THEIR game until March.
>
> I have a good feeling that the DLC will be handled more efficiently in Halo 4. A lot more efficiently.
>
> In the mean time, however, try and get it into your head that your opinion is not fact.

Quoting 343 directly:

“Retiring playlists is a painstakingly difficult process, especially as some of those that go away are amongst our personal favorites. However, it is a necessary step when the goal is maintaining the overall health of a matchmaking experience.”

“When we make these decisions, it’s based primarily on population, statistics, and trends, although a few other factors do come into play (such as achievements).”

In other words, if the DLC playlists in Halo 4 don’t have enough population, you can already kiss them goodbye forever.