For those who have played with the BR.......

Does it feel like Halo 3’s Battle Rifle? I know it has no bloom, but recoil. But throughout the gameplay videos I’ve seen, it is barely noticeable. Is that true? I know it will be pretty bad at long range, but a beast in close quarters (that is, if you know how to use it). If it’s anything like Halo 3’s BR, I look forward to making children cry with it. DMR, get out of the way.

Light rifle is the -Yoink-.

> Does it feel like Halo 3’s Battle Rifle? I know it has no bloom, but recoil. But throughout the gameplay videos I’ve seen, it is barely noticeable. Is that true? I know it will be pretty bad at long range, but a beast in close quarters (that is, if you know how to use it). If it’s anything like Halo 3’s BR, I look forward to making children cry with it. DMR, get out of the way.

I loved it. It does exactly what 343 said it would do, dominate at medium range.

There has been alot of talk about the DMR beating it but I just didn’t see this happening. The 3 shot burst is fabulous for trying to get that final headshot.

The DMR was great for it’s intented purpose, long range. The bloom is still there but seems alot more manageable this time round.

Didn’t use the light rifle, but got killed a few times with it. From what I can gather 343 have tried to make it something I between a BR and a DMR taking traits from both but not making it as powerful as either individually.

IMO 343 have done a great job with the weapon balancing.

I loved it. it felt like the halo 3 battle rifle, but you needed halo 2 skill to use it. It’s a wired thing to explain. To me it’s like the halo 3 battle rifle cosmetically, but the feel to it is like halo 2 because of the in game physics.