For those who have an Elite Controller.

Is it really worth it for $150-$200? I find that many more pros use it. And, if you could, explain the differences between the Elite controller and regular controller?

Can a monitor please move this topic to the general discussion thread? Thanks.

Your price estimate is wildly off- theyre $150 new. Unless you live somewhere that has zany shipping cost.

> 2533274930413556;1:
> Is it really worth it for $200-300? I find that many more pros use it. And, if you could, explain the differences between the Elite controller and regular controller?

I love mine. It was worth the investment. The difference compared to the normal controllers is rubbery grip, swappable sticks and D pads, trigger stops, and mappable rear paddles.

Also just made from better, sturdier material compared to normal controllers.

$200-$300? mine cost $150 if I recall properly. but it’s awesome to me. #1 I didn’t realize how much I missed convex thumb sticks which are superior to the concaved ones. Also I love the paddle switches on the back that allows me easier access to buttons. I use the H4 button layout and now I can switch grenades without removing my thumb from the thumb stick and can crouch easier as well. button remapping is sweet.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Your price esitmate is wildly off- theyre $150 new. Unless you live somewhere that has zany shipping cost.

Like you said, It was just an estimate. I forgot the actual price.

> 2533274930413556;5:
> > 2533274803493024;3:
> > Your price esitmate is wildly off- theyre $150 new. Unless you live somewhere that has zany shipping cost.
>
> Like you said, It was just an estimate. I forgot the actual price.

Mine did cost close to $200 because I bought the Halo button kit also which added $25 to it.

The only downside that I heard of is that some people have bumper problems with the left one falling off, but usually they can get it replaced under warranty.

> 2727626560040591;7:
> The only downside that I heard of is that some people have bumper problems with the left one falling off, but usually they can get it replaced under warranty.

Hmm… Ok.

I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?

> 2533274930413556;9:
> I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?

Oh it’s real. Play a high speed game- hell play a Sonic game. Honest to god a good test of how fast a controller reacts.

That said.


OP, don’t get the Xbox Elite. Get a SCUF controller.

Just checked on Gamestop, the cheapest one I can get is $130, but it’s pre-owned.

> 2533274930413556;9:
> I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?

Yes there is lag and the best thing about using a wired controller… no need to worry about a battery.

> 2533274930413556;9:
> I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?

I was convinced there was lag on the 360 wireless controller back in the day. I use the cable when using the xbox one controllers, though I have no idea how commands are transmitted.

> 2533274930413556;1:
> Is it really worth it for $150-$200? I find that many more pros use it. And, if you could, explain the differences between the Elite controller and regular controller?

Pros/cons/differences:

  • Trigger stop option (not good for Halo weapons which require charging though)
  • you can map buttons to paddles. Good if you like paddles
  • better texture on the elite controller. It definitely feels better in the hand
  • different customizing options provided for thumbsticks
  • the elite is more readily available in my country than Scuf controllers

I based my purchase off the following:

  • I had the disposable income for one
  • I wanted to try a controller with paddles
  • I could buy it from a local store (ease of warranty)

I would have preferred to try a scuf and while I originally anticipated trying one in the future, I only use them for Halo and I think my run with Halo as a franchise will be up after this instalment.

> 2533274805075298;10:
> > 2533274930413556;9:
> > I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?
>
> Oh it’s real. Play a high speed game- hell play a Sonic game. Honest to god a good test of how fast a controller reacts.
>
> That said.
> _____________________________
>
> OP, don’t get the Xbox Elite. Get a SCUF controller.

not only are Scuffs WAY more expensive to get even close to the features that the elite controller has but its quality I not even close. OP in my opinion it is well worth it. Your controller sticks wont wear and because loose and cause drift. Its got better grip, removable sticks that are concaved, standard or taller. Hair triggers (which actually make you shoot the ce magnum quicker its super op). But best of all are the paddles that you can remove and map unlike the scuff. They are also in a better position than the scuff. The paddles make a huge difference and in my opinion the controller is definitely worth it. I wouldn’t get preowned though because the sticks might be slightly worn. It could have been dropped and it just wont be as good a quality.

I gave in and got an elite controller because I told myself as much as I game why not have the best most comfortable controller you can get… that even gives you a bit of an edge since you can layout a button layout you are most comfortable with.

> 2533274805075298;10:
> > 2533274930413556;9:
> > I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?
>
> Oh it’s real. Play a high speed game- hell play a Sonic game. Honest to god a good test of how fast a controller reacts.
>
> That said.
> _____________________________
>
> OP, don’t get the Xbox Elite. Get a SCUF controller.

I own both, and the elite DOMINATES scuf, I’m both price and quality. Scuf also has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I’ll raise a beer to the day that company dies.

If you have the money buy it. I have it and i relly enjoy it.

I love my elite controller, I have to transport controllers about with me a lot and I managed to break 2 original xbox one controllers via dropping and I got the elite and so far it’s pretty much invincible. it’s a nice weighty controller with a great protective case.

As for functionality I find that having that extra bit of flexibility with the paddles and sticks really helps fine tune your accuracy and comfort levels for certain games.

> 2533274806381228;13:
> > 2533274930413556;9:
> > I have another question… Is it true that wireless controllers have a slight lag compared to plug in controllers? Or is that just a myth?
>
> I was convinced there was lag on the 360 wireless controller back in the day. I use the cable when using the xbox one controllers, though I have no idea how commands are transmitted.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274930413556;1:
> > Is it really worth it for $150-$200? I find that many more pros use it. And, if you could, explain the differences between the Elite controller and regular controller?
>
> Pros/cons/differences:
> - Trigger stop option (not good for Halo weapons which require charging though)
> - you can map buttons to paddles. Good if you like paddles
> - better texture on the elite controller. It definitely feels better in the hand
> - different customizing options provided for thumbsticks
> - the elite is more readily available in my country than Scuf controllers
>
> I based my purchase off the following:
> - I had the disposable income for one
> - I wanted to try a controller with paddles
> - I could buy it from a local store (ease of warranty)
>
> I would have preferred to try a scuf and while I originally anticipated trying one in the future, I only use them for Halo and I think my run with Halo as a franchise will be up after this instalment.

To your Hair Trigger Statement:
Try to customize your Trigger Deadzone Settings. Lock the Trigger and push it. In the Deadzone Settings you see how far it reacts with a green Bar. The white Bar is the Part which is locked (and you don’t need if you play with locked Triggers anyway). Set the inner Deadzone till the complete white Bar is Grey (or maybe a bit further). If you do it that Way, u can use charged Weapons, like the Plasma Pistol or Incinerator too… :smiley: ^^

> 2533274930413556;1:
> Is it really worth it for $150-$200? I find that many more pros use it. And, if you could, explain the differences between the Elite controller and regular controller?

I just got mine and love it. It’s so customizable and feels great in your hands. Had the wife and kids get it for my Birthday.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Your price estimate is wildly off- theyre $150 new. Unless you live somewhere that has zany shipping cost.
>
>
> > 2533274930413556;1:
> > Is it really worth it for $200-300? I find that many more pros use it. And, if you could, explain the differences between the Elite controller and regular controller?
>
> I love mine. It was worth the investment. The difference compared to the normal controllers is rubbery grip, swappable sticks and D pads, trigger stops, and mappable rear paddles.
>
> Also just made from better, sturdier material compared to normal controllers.

Agreed. Bestbuy has them for 139 right now