For those who has played H4!

How did the gameplay feel? Bravo recently did an interview where he said the game felt heavier than any other Halo but at the same time felt Awesome. Does this mean the gameplay will be more like H3 or a just a mix of all Halos? I personally like H2 the best out of the Halos as far as multiplayer gameplay and maps but from what I’ve seen of H4 it looks very promising.

I just really want to know from the people who had the chance to play the game if H4’s gameplay mechanics like aiming & strafing is as responsive as H2’s. Thanks!

felt like a mix to me. In a good way. It’s really hard to describe. It has a mixture of Halo 2, 3 and Reach. But overall it plays like it’s own. The strafing and movement felt like 2 and 3 but the accuracy of weapons, being hitscan, feels like Reach and 2. I havent had any bad experience with lag, but it was LAN based, not live. Or atleast I dont think it was.

Overall, it played greatly, no graphical hiccups or render issues like in other high-end graphical games like Gears of War and each weapon really felt they had a purpose.

> felt like a mix to me. In a good way. It’s really hard to describe. It has a mixture of Halo 2, 3 and Reach. But overall it plays like it’s own. The strafing and movement felt like 2 and 3 but the accuracy of weapons, being hitscan, feels like Reach and 2. I havent had any bad experience with lag, but it was LAN based, not live. Or atleast I dont think it was.
>
> Overall, it played greatly, no graphical hiccups or render issues like in other high-end graphical games like Gears of War and each weapon really felt they had a purpose.

Thank you! That gets me really excited it sounds like H4 will be the best Halo yet!

> > felt like a mix to me. In a good way. It’s really hard to describe. It has a mixture of Halo 2, 3 and Reach. But overall it plays like it’s own. The strafing and movement felt like 2 and 3 but the accuracy of weapons, being hitscan, feels like Reach and 2. I havent had any bad experience with lag, but it was LAN based, not live. Or atleast I dont think it was.
> >
> > Overall, it played greatly, no graphical hiccups or render issues like in other high-end graphical games like Gears of War and each weapon really felt they had a purpose.
>
> Thank you! That gets me really excited it sounds like H4 will be the best Halo yet!

No problem. It would be nice if 343i brought out a public demo of some sort so that more than just a very small minority of us Halo fans can experience it. I would love to play it again.

A polished Reach.

> A polished Reach.

I personally think H3 would’ve been Amazing if it would’ve had sprint & hitscan. The only problem I personally have with Reach is bloom, bad maps and the lack of a hitscan BR.

However with H4 we get it all, faster base movement speed, higher jump height, a more responsive sprint & hitscan weapons. So with all the things this game has the only thing that could possibly mess up my multiplayer experience would be bad maps. But 343i is making the mutiplayer maps in H4 from the ground up and not stealing them straight from the campaign like Reach did. This is the formula that all Halo’s had up in till Reach and I believe that is huge portion of past Halo’s success.

Reach and Halo 3 had a baby

Its called HALO 4

Im looking forward to it

> Reach and Halo 3 had a baby
>
> Its called HALO 4
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Im looking forward to it

Blunt, but plausible.

Yeah, I honestly can’t wait to play the game first hand. I’ll be playing the Campaign first and foremost but after, I’ll probably be playing a little 1v1 in Customs with my best friend just so we can get accustomed to all the new weapons and practice strafing before we go into multiplayer together.

Should be a blast to play and I am definitely looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I played the game at RTX in Austin. The gameplay feels so amazing especially after the first time you play the game. The emotions you feel are literally indescribable. The aiming and movement in Halo 4 is amazing and was the first thing I took notice too.

It is so crisp and fluid. No slow aim acceleration lag like Halo: Reach. It is very twitchy and fast paced similar to COD’s aiming acceleration which feels amazing in a Halo game. The movement speed was so fast and responsive, most players even myself forgot you could sprint because it felt so fast. Even on LongBow, a large map, we would just strafe around and get places.

It feels like it’s own monster really. Very close to Halo 2’s fast paced BR hitscan action with a bit of H3 movement, jump height and H1’s Sandbox balance. The game is amazing and I can’t wait till the people who haven’t had hands on get it on Launch day.
It’s seriously gonna be a revolution.

> I played the game at RTX in Austin. The gameplay feels so amazing especially after the first time you play the game. The emotions you feel are literally indescribable. The aiming and movement in Halo 4 is amazing and was the first thing I took notice too.
>
> It is so crisp and fluid. No slow aim acceleration lag like Halo: Reach. It is very twitchy and fast paced similar to COD’s aiming acceleration which feels amazing in a Halo game. The movement speed was so fast and responsive, most players even myself forgot you could sprint because it felt so fast. Even on LongBow, a large map, we would just strafe around and get places.
>
> It feels like it’s own monster really. Very close to Halo 2’s fast paced BR hitscan action with a bit of H3 movement, jump height and H1’s Sandbox balance. The game is amazing and I can’t wait till the people who haven’t had hands on get it on Launch day.
> It’s seriously gonna be a revolution.

Dude you have know idea what reading this post has done to me. I really believe I might have a heart attack at 11:59pm 11/5/12. OMG I’M SO FREAKING EXCITED! Thanks for the post.

Cant really completely base it off of that honestly, those builds are missing serval Armor abilities, weapons, and vehicles. Imagine reach without jetpack, armor lock, or op banshee? Not the same.

> Cant really completely base it off of that honestly, those builds are missing serval Armor abilities, weapons, and vehicles. Imagine reach without jetpack, armor lock, or op banshee? Not the same.

But we can get a sense if the overall feeling of the game really. Movement, aiming, weapon balance, AA balance and know that they will be tweaked and fine tuned for when the game goes gold. I cannot wait to see the changes to the game at launch from the E3 build.

But with every other new weapon, AA, vehicle, tactical package, and support upgrades, it can only get better. And I can’t imagine better! I would buy that build for 60$ haha

Ya i know, so far everything looks really good.

> I played the game at RTX in Austin. The gameplay feels so amazing especially after the first time you play the game. The emotions you feel are literally indescribable. The aiming and movement in Halo 4 is amazing and was the first thing I took notice too.
>
> It is so crisp and fluid. No slow aim acceleration lag like Halo: Reach. It is very twitchy and fast paced similar to COD’s aiming acceleration which feels amazing in a Halo game. The movement speed was so fast and responsive, most players even myself forgot you could sprint because it felt so fast. Even on LongBow, a large map, we would just strafe around and get places.
>
> It feels like it’s own monster really. Very close to Halo 2’s fast paced BR hitscan action <mark>with a bit of H3 movement</mark>, jump height and H1’s Sandbox balance. The game is amazing and I can’t wait till the people who haven’t had hands on get it on Launch day.
> It’s seriously gonna be a revolution.

That’s just bad. The game will still feel slow compared to the first two Halo games.

Well it felt like a baby between halo 3 and halo reach. Like 343 took the parts that were good in both and put them together while adding some new ideas. It feels faster more responsive less wtf how? kind of things reach brought to the table. Keep in mind i only played 4 games.