For those ready to riot because of lack of info

I know there are plenty of you out there with pitchforks in hand, so, in case you haven’t heard already, Halo Infinite will be at the Series X reveal in July. I am pretty excited for the entire event and hope we get to see some gameplay!

So its at least 45 days away. I hope we will get an exact date announced in June.

> 2533274818084099;2:
> So its at least 45 days away. I hope we will get an exact date announced in June.

Won’t be anything in June, all about July. That’ll be it. Til then I’d expect basically no info at all

> 2533274818084099;2:
> So its at least 45 days away. I hope we will get an exact date announced in June.

Agreed. The entire event is going to be so different this time around as far as Xbox DRM policies and reveals go, so I am excited. Would love to get a date as well.

> 2533274865778947;3:
> > 2533274818084099;2:
> > So its at least 45 days away. I hope we will get an exact date announced in June.
>
> Won’t be anything in June, all about July. That’ll be it. Til then I’d expect basically no info at all

I think Nick meant a concrete date for the event itself.

I’m in a love/hate relationship with the lack of information. I love it because it gives me a chance to experience the full game the first time. I’ll be completely surprised and I don’t have many expectations from promises or things they say will be in it. I also hate it because of the same reason. It’s a really important title and I want to know things about it. But either way I know they’re doing their jobs the best they can and that it’ll be a great game.

> 2533274824050480;4:
> > 2533274818084099;2:
> > So its at least 45 days away. I hope we will get an exact date announced in June.
>
> Agreed. The entire event is going to be so different this time around as far as Xbox DRM policies and reveals go, so I am excited. Would love to get a date as well.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274865778947;3:
> > > 2533274818084099;2:
> > > So its at least 45 days away. I hope we will get an exact date announced in June.
> >
> > Won’t be anything in June, all about July. That’ll be it. Til then I’d expect basically no info at all
>
> I think Nick meant a concrete date for the event itself.

Correct. I expected them to announce it at the end of the May show but they only revealed the month.

> 2533274985084926;5:
> I’m in a love/hate relationship with the lack of information. I love it because it gives me a chance to experience the full game the first time. I’ll be completely surprised and I don’t have many expectations from promises or things they say will be in it. I also hate it because of the same reason. It’s a really important title and I want to know things about it. But either way I know they’re doing their jobs the best they can and that it’ll be a great game.

Well said. Assuming it will be a polished final product and given a choice, I’d rather know too little about a game than too much. It makes that first time playing it all the more exciting. I’m hoping Infinite lives up to the hype the trailers thus far have generated.

Nobody has the will to riot with covid-19 still looming. Large crowds are still prohibited in alot of states.

If I am correct, with traditional Halo reveals, gameplay isn’t present until the E3 before release. Usually there is a teaser two years in a row, then gameplay before launch. Hopefully we will get something good in July. I don’t think how they are handling Infinite is out of fashion, but if their intention is to do a beta- like they have said they will do with all future Halo games, then this Beta will be way too close to launch to have a serious impact.

All I keep thinking about is the Halo 2 release where they showed off parts of Zanzibar(later remade as Last Resort in Halo 3). They showed off some new things, but kept it generally contained.

It’s been a long time, so forgive me if my statements are incorrect. I think the mistake they made with Halo 4 was revealing the Promethean enemies at E3, instead of a big surprise when the game launched.

> 2533274985084926;5:
> I’m in a love/hate relationship with the lack of information. I love it because it gives me a chance to experience the full game the first time. I’ll be completely surprised and I don’t have many expectations from promises or things they say will be in it. I also hate it because of the same reason. It’s a really important title and I want to know things about it. But either way I know they’re doing their jobs the best they can and that it’ll be a great game.

I think it’s best to keep most of the game secret until closer to release. Halo 5 set up marketing WAY too early, and that misled a lot of fans. Holding back too much is bad for business, but at least giving us a time (July) for another trailer/reveal gets people excited and is really good for the fans.

I’m just ready to see what the game play is like. Those design decisions are the sole factor on whether I buy the game or not.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

They hyped up their first event and failed miserably and they’re going to wait until JULY to show anything? At every opportunity, they give Sony the upper hand, I’ve never seen a product/brand self-sabotage itself so badly (Star Wars?). There’s more interest and hype around Ghost of Tsushima than the entirety of Xbox Series X.

Xbox is being run by idiots. Literally. After that disaster of a presentation, they’re going to go nearly 2 months with NOTHING and another promise of “cooking up some fire” (or whatever nonsense Phil is spinning). No Vidocs, no gameplay screenshots (not even ONE!), NOTHING of Infinite and its roughly what, 6 months from release?

The lack of info doesn’t bode well for a completed, finished product.

I can’t disagree about the first XBox event, even though the issue was the announcement more than anything else. For a third party trailer fest it wasn’t bad actually, but hyping it for weeks and claiming it was about next gen gameplay? Yeah, no. That’s shooting yourself in the foot and than pushing your finger into the wound for good riddance.

Epic’s reveal of UE5 as a comparison came almost out of nowhere and had a bigger impact. So staying silent isn’t always a bad thing. In fact I believe in the long run keeping every reveal closer to a game’s day one will be beneficial for XBox, especially if it’s true that we’re getting a major exclusive every three to four months after SX releases.

They can’t pull a GoW5/ACV with Hi however. In July we better get a good chunk of uncut gameplay with no cinematic nonsense. If they wanna do a gameplay trailer too fine, but show it after the REAL gameplay reveal!

> 2533274795098161;13:
> I can’t disagree about the first XBox event, even though the issue was the announcement more than anything else. For a third party trailer fest it wasn’t bad actually, but hyping it for weeks and claiming it was about next gen gameplay? Yeah, no. That’s shooting yourself in the foot and than pushing your finger into the wound for good riddance.
>
> Epic’s reveal of UE5 as a comparison came almost out of nowhere and had a bigger impact. So staying silent isn’t always a bad thing. In fact I believe in the long run keeping every reveal closer to a game’s day one will be beneficial for XBox, especially if it’s true that we’re getting a major exclusive every three to four months after SX releases.
>
> They can’t pull a GoW5/ACV with Hi however. In July we better get a good chunk of uncut gameplay with no cinematic nonsense. If they wanna do a gameplay trailer too fine, but show it after the REAL gameplay reveal!

you know unreal engine 5 is nto exclsuive to ps5 right? its confirm to be on xbox and switch.

> 2535435958007764;14:
> > 2533274795098161;13:
> > I can’t disagree about the first XBox event, even though the issue was the announcement more than anything else. For a third party trailer fest it wasn’t bad actually, but hyping it for weeks and claiming it was about next gen gameplay? Yeah, no. That’s shooting yourself in the foot and than pushing your finger into the wound for good riddance.
> >
> > Epic’s reveal of UE5 as a comparison came almost out of nowhere and had a bigger impact. So staying silent isn’t always a bad thing. In fact I believe in the long run keeping every reveal closer to a game’s day one will be beneficial for XBox, especially if it’s true that we’re getting a major exclusive every three to four months after SX releases.
> >
> > They can’t pull a GoW5/ACV with Hi however. In July we better get a good chunk of uncut gameplay with no cinematic nonsense. If they wanna do a gameplay trailer too fine, but show it after the REAL gameplay reveal!
>
> you know unreal engine 5 is nto exclsuive to ps5 right? its confirm to be on xbox and switch.

. . .

I don’t even know if or even just how I should answer that question with a straight face. If it was just the first sentence fine, but the second one kind of makes it clear that you aren’t sarcastic, are you now?

Dude, ma’ good fellow Waypoint mate! When I have ever written that a freaking engine made by a third party like Epic Games - which btw is and will be used by a vast number of MS games including the acclaimed series of Gears of War making them of their most important clients on the market probably - was a freaking Sony exclusive? WTF??? X’D

If the June event is hardware and system… maybe they can show off the new Slipspace Engine… and throw us a few Halo tidbits at the same time. :slight_smile:

All I will say is that their presentation in July better be impressive.

The community has been left 100% in the dark and at this point, all a “beta” is going to be is a glorified network stress test. I REALLY hope Infinite is a return to form because it’s been arguably the most important game franchise in my life, but I literally only played the Halo 5 campaign once and proceeded to forget most of it because it was so…forgettable. Halo 4 remains the only Halo game I never even purchased because I played the campaign at a community center of sorts and the multiplayer was so bad I didn’t even bother. I don’t want either of the aforementioned critiques to be true of Infinite.

The May Xbox event was decent but it had poor messaging. Some of the games shown look genuinely interesting but the complete failure for AC:Valhalla to deliver on the promise of “gameplay reveal” basically ruined the entire event for many viewers who were hoping to be dumbstruck by just how awesome some next-gen games will look.
It’s a textbook example of recency bias. Valhalla was the last thing shown during the event and it was slowly “building” from the start, but almost everything shown before it got washed from people’s minds after Valhalla was so disappointing.

The Ascent and The Medium both look awesome, but 90% of viewers forgot about them completely and were just pissed off because they felt deceived by the messaging around Valhalla.

> 2783251376877086;11:
> I’m just ready to see what the game play is like. Those design decisions are the sole factor on whether I buy the game or not.

Same. I just wanna see the gameplay.

> 2533274795098161;15:
> > 2535435958007764;14:
> > > 2533274795098161;13:
> > > I can’t disagree about the first XBox event, even though the issue was the announcement more than anything else. For a third party trailer fest it wasn’t bad actually, but hyping it for weeks and claiming it was about next gen gameplay? Yeah, no. That’s shooting yourself in the foot and than pushing your finger into the wound for good riddance.
> > >
> > > Epic’s reveal of UE5 as a comparison came almost out of nowhere and had a bigger impact. So staying silent isn’t always a bad thing. In fact I believe in the long run keeping every reveal closer to a game’s day one will be beneficial for XBox, especially if it’s true that we’re getting a major exclusive every three to four months after SX releases.
> > >
> > > They can’t pull a GoW5/ACV with Hi however. In July we better get a good chunk of uncut gameplay with no cinematic nonsense. If they wanna do a gameplay trailer too fine, but show it after the REAL gameplay reveal!
> >
> > you know unreal engine 5 is nto exclsuive to ps5 right? its confirm to be on xbox and switch.
>
> . . .
>
> I don’t even know if or even just how I should answer that question with a straight face. If it was just the first sentence fine, but the second one kind of makes it clear that you aren’t sarcastic, are you now?
>
> Dude, ma’ good fellow Waypoint mate! When I have ever written that a freaking engine made by a third party like Epic Games - which btw is and will be used by a vast number of MS games including the acclaimed series of Gears of War making them of their most important clients on the market probably - was a freaking Sony exclusive? WTF??? X’D

lol. you fanboys are funny these days arent you all:)

> 2585548714655118;16:
> If the June event is hardware and system… maybe they can show off the new Slipspace Engine… and throw us a few Halo tidbits at the same time. :slight_smile:

Would be nice, but knowing them they will be radio silent about Infinite until July.