For those of you complaining

Every forum I go on people are complaining about missing the old Halos. Why not buy them? You Halo 1 fans go buy it for pc/mac. Halo 2 fans go buy Halo 2 and download xbox connect. With this you can play online on halo 2 ( Don’t know much about it but i played online at a friend’s house) Halo 3 fans, at gamestop it costs 5 bucks… I mean seriously. go play it until halo 4… cool down the forums a bit.

Lol OP,
I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS. Classic Red vs Blue and Arby N the Chief. It’s not there anymore. When people had fun playing games.

> Lol OP,
> I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS. Classic Red vs Blue and Arby N the Chief. It’s not there anymore. When people had fun playing games.

Hey, who wants to test some gametypes I can think up!?

> I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS.

I got the impression that most people on this forum were pro-MLG; it’s the casual, fun-loving crowd that usually cops all the flack.

> Lol OP,
> I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS. Classic Red vs Blue and Arby N the Chief. It’s not there anymore. When people had fun playing games.

And you can find that community in those games I listed. Communities change, it’s because of this generations children and the parents lack of concern for their child. Now the communities of every single m game flood with 8 year olds. I also miss the old days, for this i got play Halo pc.

> > Lol OP,
> > I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS. Classic Red vs Blue and Arby N the Chief. It’s not there anymore. When people had fun playing games.
>
> Hey, who wants to test some gametypes I can think up!?

That wasn’t just it, though. Not just the gametypes (which really should be in the Community Creations Thread), but the people went about displaying them. People actually played online in game chat, for FUN, and worked together. They talked, became friends, sarted up a party, and eventually got enough team mates to start a customs lobby. Halo was designed by Bungie, but it the Community who maintained it, and that community has left. Its too late to save the old one, and 343 isn’t helping rebuild it in the knew one. To use a Halo analogy, we are the Gravemind rebuilding ourselves on Installation 04B, and they are the Chief lighting it (I hate comparing 343 to John, and using John in a negative way).

> Lol OP,

Nothing stays the same forever…

> > Lol OP,
> > I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS. Classic Red vs Blue and Arby N the Chief. It’s not there anymore. When people had fun playing games.
>
> And you can find that community in those games I listed. Communities change, it’s because of this generations children and the parents lack of concern for their child. Now the communities of every single m game flood with 8 year olds. I also miss the old days, for this i got play Halo pc.

I never played any Halo on PC so I can’t speak for that but on Halo 3 I can’t find anyone who is a Lt. or above. It’s frustrating, really. Nobody has mics and when they do it’s a 12 year old bk. Halo’s community went downhill since Reach.

> > > Lol OP,
> > > I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS. Classic Red vs Blue and Arby N the Chief. It’s not there anymore. When people had fun playing games.
> >
> > And you can find that community in those games I listed. Communities change, it’s because of this generations children and the parents lack of concern for their child. Now the communities of every single m game flood with 8 year olds. I also miss the old days, for this i got play Halo pc.
>
> I never played any Halo on PC so I can’t speak for that but on Halo 3 I can’t find anyone who is a Lt. or above. It’s frustrating, really. Nobody has mics and when they do it’s a 12 year old bk. Halo’s community went downhill since Reach.

And with the flood of gameplay videos, reviews, and hopefully great matchmaking we will drag back the community that has left us standing in the wind.

> That wasn’t just it, though. Not just the gametypes (which really should be in the Community Creations Thread), but the people went about displaying them. People actually played online in game chat, for FUN, and worked together. They talked, became friends, sarted up a party, and eventually got enough team mates to start a customs lobby. Halo was designed by Bungie, but it the Community who maintained it, and that community has left. Its too late to save the old one, and 343 isn’t helping rebuild it in the knew one. To use a Halo analogy, we are the Gravemind rebuilding ourselves on Installation 04B, and they are the Chief lighting it (I hate comparing 343 to John, and using John in a negative way).

Yeah, now that gaming has gone mainstream and we’re now getting kids and fratboys mixed in with our lot it really has changed. People are now using games as another way to prove to themselves they’re worth something (like people buying a self labelled “fast car”). They only care about their stats, or their numbers. Making sure their numbers are higher then someone elses numbers. Back in the day if something was OP, UP, broken and not used it was patched fairly quickly and for good reason. Now-a-days people abuse those weapons and abilities to help increase their numbers. They don’t care about the franchise or the game, they only care about their numbers. They will go as far as logging onto the official forums to defend that OP weapon long enough for them to abuse it and bully anybody who thinks it shouldn’t be used.

> Every forum I go on people are complaining about missing the old Halos. Why not buy them? You Halo 1 fans go buy it for pc/mac. Halo 2 fans go buy Halo 2 and download xbox connect. With this you can play online on halo 2 ( Don’t know much about it but i played online at a friend’s house) Halo 3 fans, at gamestop it costs 5 bucks… I mean seriously. go play it until halo 4… cool down the forums a bit.

what is xbox connect and what does it do i’ve heard of it for a while but never really looked in to it.

Xbox Live has gone downhill since it implemented private and party chat. There’s your community issue. People haven’t changed since 2002. Why bother chatting in public if your just going to get abuse, or have to speak over other people after all. Why take that chance? There’s no incentive to do it.

Plus, as the Halo series skill gap has deteriorated, so has the use of random players using teamwork. Unless the ranking system comes back most players will never use game chat. Even then, a lot still won’t.

As for players wanting a return of classic Halo it is because the series gameplay has gone progressively downhill with it’s Xbox 360 releases. As for giving Halo PC as an alternative to Halo on the Xbox… It’s a completely different platform OP.

And as for comparing XBC to XBL. Well… You played it. You should know that it’s incomparable to XBL matchmaking.

Everything changes for the better or the worst. I see Halo 4 as a revival for fun in video games. We need fun because without fun, there’s no reason to play games.

> > I think the forums mean they miss the community, when everyone was nice, before all this MLG BS.
>
> I got the impression that most people on this forum were pro-MLG; it’s the casual, fun-loving crowd that usually cops all the flack.

I think there is a huge gap between Pro-MLG, gamers and casual. True Gamers can sound MLG but I don’t think that’s really the case. IMO I just what Halo to be challenging again, I want the maps to be well balanced, and everything to be a bit mathematical like in 1-2 and 3. In 1-3 you generally had an idea of how everything works, in Reach, the balance really isn’t as tight as it use-to be. Halo Reach tried to appeal to everyone and, really didn’t do it. And its a shame because it could have been the best Halo Game, I remember things from the beta that were kick -Yoink- that just didn’t make it into the game. I think the biggest problem was maps.

All the multiplayer maps are originally from the single player. Sorry Bungie it didn’t work so well with the exception of Power House, but even that comes off a bit to much like a COD map. And the maps that have come out since haven’t been that great.

And Forge world was a joke, nice in concept but got old fast, I remember them talking about taking 5 spaces and smashing them together to make forge world. Why couldn’t they have just given all 5 their own pallet, Forerunner, Jungle, Swamp, City, Badlands.

I think at the end of the day what people want is for 343I to give a -Yoink-. To make good maps, to make good gameplay, something that might bring Halo back to what it once was, if not greater. If their not then they shouldn’t even do it.

> what is xbox connect and what does it do i’ve heard of it for a while but never really looked in to it.

Link about Xbox connect.

Xbox connect allows you to hook your Xbox to your PC to play on the Internet, but your Xbox thinks its on a LAN. It allows you to play games that aren’t on Xbox Live anymore, or for original Xbox games that weren’t supported by Xbox Live.

Anyway, the only main reason people play Reach is because it has the highest population of all the Halos. Halo 3 has a smaller population now and it makes matches more difficult to find.

I purchased Halo PC and all I find are non-competitive matches that are modded, none resembling the main Halo CE gameplay.

> Why not buy them?

It costs money.

> Every forum I go on people are complaining about missing the old Halos. Why not buy them? You Halo 1 fans go buy it for pc/mac. Halo 2 fans go buy Halo 2 and download xbox connect. With this you can play online on halo 2 ( Don’t know much about it but i played online at a friend’s house) Halo 3 fans, at gamestop it costs 5 bucks… I mean seriously. go play it until halo 4… cool down the forums a bit.

I do play the older games. If I wasn’t here giving feedback, then I very much doubt my opinion on why I disliked a certain game would be heard. Which would lead to me having no interest in the next game if it is just Reach rinsed and repeated.