For Those Against The New Assist System

Now, I understand why some people dislike it. You get points for merely being the person that got shot at while someone else killed the shooter.

However, there is another side to it.

I have always been the person in Halo that forgoes the turret in vehicles if possible, and goes for the wheel(I’m going for Operator specialization first). While, this is fun, doesn’t get you many kills. However, you get a lot of assists.

Now, before in Halo, assists were essentially a “Oh, goody, someone stole your kill, have a medal!” or “Looky there, your turret man killed someone, have a medal.”

Basically, even though its greatly cause your driving skills the turret/passengers get those kills, all you get is a crummy assist.

Which is why I’m really glad 343 added a ton of new ways for Drivers to get a good amount of points, while still doing what we love.

So, thats basically why I love the new system, even if it is partially designed for new players to get some points too.

I never get assists :frowning: but recently I’ve started flying the Falcon in BTB matches and one game I racked up something like 23 assists. However, I finished the match with zero kills. So anything they can do to give more incentive to drivers (especially good ones) is welcomed.

I’m always getting screwed over for being the team player (support player). Hopefully that will change in Halo 4.

Wait, are you telling me people are getting mad because assists are worth something now?

> Wait, are you telling me people are getting mad because assists are worth something now?

Evidently. People say 343 is catering to newbies too much.

What I love the new system

Im going to be getting HALO 3 style assist and getting medals so pumped about that…

They add a ranking system and nobody cares if they cater to noobs.
Also, look at Eli’s gameplay people ended with 20 something assists in a game of 5v5 on a BTB sized map. It was awesome.

Also, with the new assist system, getting assists helps the team more. When you get a kill, your team gets 10 points right? But if someone assisted in that kill, the person assisting gets 5. So there’s the 10 from the kill and 5 from the assist, equalling to 15 points to the team each time someone gets an assist, this encourages the team to work together more and try and have more than one person concentrating on an enemy.

I played at PAX, and it was a little strange when I received a vehicle destroy assist after putting around two or three shots in a skyward Banshee.

I kinda like it, though! It promotes trying to help your team in other ways besides just killing! Receiving a Flag Driver assist will encourage players to drive those carrying the flag!

> I played at PAX, and it was a little strange when I received a vehicle destroy assist after putting around two or three shots in a skyward Banshee.
>
> I kinda like it, though! It promotes trying to help your team in other ways besides just killing! Receiving a Flag Driver assist will encourage players to drive those carrying the flag!

I would see this a plus tbh as there have been many times i did much of the work and not end up with at least an assist. It seems in Halo 4 that the game throws them at you :stuck_out_tongue:

> I played at PAX, and it was a little strange when I received a vehicle destroy assist after putting around two or three shots in a skyward Banshee.
>
> I kinda like it, though! It promotes trying to help your team in other ways besides just killing! Receiving a Flag Driver assist will encourage players to drive those carrying the flag!

What’s gonna work? Team work!

What’s gonna work?! Team work!!

Seriously, though. I like this a lot. I like being the driver, so getting the extra bit of credit is a little nice.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

People actually don’t up like the new assist system?

That has got to be the most moronic thing I’ve ever heard. You whiners need to grow up.

I’m a driver, and I am so happy the game will reward me for my efforts.