For the very misinformed default reach Players

I was reading a post earlier said something about rapid fire controllers with the BR

Please stop saying that.

The BR can not be fired passed its fire rate, due to it have a fixed fire rate.

Also Stop saying the TU plays Like halo 3, Because it does not. Halo 3 did not have jet pack, Armor lock, Active camo, sprint, and ridicule bloom

The only thing it has in common with it is Bleed though and thats a STAPLE mechanic of the older halo games.

Edit1: The reach movement has not been sped up. Its the same. The only thing that has changed is the pace of the game due to bloom being changed to 85 bloom. AC and AL nerfs as well.(Thank god)

Edit2: The Classic playlist is separate from the Tu settings found in the other playlist.

Edit3: Bleedthough has been in halo Since halo CE. I have to state this twice because kids still think it started in halo 3.

Edit 4: ZB and MLG are separate as well. seeing their settings will never go game wide.

If you are going to argue something against the title update,

Please for the love of god. Make sure you are logically debating this issue instead of spewing nonsense everywhere. trust me, we would be happy to debate this topic but we can’t debate if there is nothing to debate about.

I swear the things you kids say.

Thanks.

I facepalm so often on these forums that my forehead hurts.

> I was reading a post earlier said something about rapid fire controllers with the BR
>
>
> Please stop saying that.
>
> The BR can not be spammed, due to it have a fixed fire rate,
>
> Also Stop saying the TU plays Like halo 3, Because it does not. Halo 3 did not have jet pack, Armor lock, Active camo, sprint, bloom
>
> The only thing it has in common with it is Bleed though and thats a STAPLE mechanic of the older halo games.
>
> If you are going to argue something against the title update,
>
> Please for the love of god. Make sure you are logically debating this issue instead of spewing nonsense everywhere.
>
> I swear the things you kids say.
>
> Thanks.

Can’t agree more but this is more likely to be locked for flame bait as people are bound to argue on it.

> > I was reading a post earlier said something about rapid fire controllers with the BR
> >
> >
> > Please stop saying that.
> >
> > The BR can not be spammed, due to it have a fixed fire rate,
> >
> > Also Stop saying the TU plays Like halo 3, Because it does not. Halo 3 did not have jet pack, Armor lock, Active camo, sprint, bloom
> >
> > The only thing it has in common with it is Bleed though and thats a STAPLE mechanic of the older halo games.
> >
> > If you are going to argue something against the title update,
> >
> > Please for the love of god. Make sure you are logically debating this issue instead of spewing nonsense everywhere.
> >
> > I swear the things you kids say.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Can’t agree more but this is more likely to be locked for flame bait as people are bound to argue on it.

That’s not my fault.

Besides, I said please. :smiley:

All those topics are flame bait and I don’t see any locks. lmao

Of course they would lock me though

I’m a “try hard”

Spamming is the indiscrimate use of something.
Though pacing has no effect on the H3BR bloom, firing your BR as fast as possible hoping to paint your target with enough bullets IS spamming.

In Reach, grenades and melees have cooldown times in their use, yet I can spam those. Heck, easier to spam melees in previous Halos with button combos allowing for true double beatdowns.

The worst spamming weapon of them all? The ZBM6. Watching the montages of players running around using 8 bullets per kill as the roam a map using nothing but the pistol…
Oh yes indeed it is skillful to do so, stay alive I mean.
As for averaging 8 bullets per kill, that is the very reason bloom is used as it is in Reach.

Yes it may be preferable to some players to have weapons that work like the ZBM6. But if player A spams 8 shots with a ZBM6 and player B paces 5 shots with a blooming M6 and they both get the kill in the same time, whose more skilled? They both avoided death long enough to impose it, one did it near flawlessly, the other very sloppily.

Before you answer remember this, the CEM6 and H3BR are projectile based weapons, the H2M6 and RM6 are hitscan. The positioning of the reticle is greatly affected by the nature of the weapon’s means of hit-detection.

> Can’t agree more but this is more likely to be locked for flame bait as people are bound to argue on it.

If that’s the case, just about any “argument” thread should be lock as they are often filled with non-sense or ignorance.

Flame bait much?

> Spamming is the indiscrimate use of something.
> Though pacing has no effect on the H3BR bloom, firing your BR as fast as possible hopping to paint your target with enough bullets IS spamming.
>
> In Reach, grenades and melees have cooldown times in their use, yet I can spam those. Heck, easier to spam melees in previous Halos with button combos allowing for true double beatdowns.
>
> The worst spamming weapon of them all? The ZBM6. Watching the montages of players running around using 8 bullets per kill as the roam a map using nothing but the pistol…
> Oh yes indeed it is skillful to do so, stay alive I mean.
> As for averaging 8 bullets per kill, that is the very reason bloom is used as it is in Reach.
>
> Yes it may be preferable to some players to have weapons that work like the ZBM6. But if player A spams 8 shots with a ZBM6 and player B paces 5 shots with a blooming M6 and they both get the kill in the same time, whose more skilled? They both avoided death long enough to impose it, one did it near flawlessly, the other very sloppily.
>
> Before you answer remember this, the CEM6 and H3BR are projectile based weapons, the H2M6 and RM6 are hitscan. The positioning of the reticle is greatly affected by the nature of the weapon’s means of hit-detection.

I’m talking Literally about spam

Like going beyond its fire rate.

Can’t spam a fix fire rate weapon, in the context they were using.

I can bash the trigger all I want but if I don’t have the aim, then what the hell is that going to do?

By going beyond the RoF you mean double and quad-shooting H2BRs?

If we are going by the literal term, I “win.” If we are going by the current slang term, of course you win, it’s slang and not literal.

> By going beyond the RoF you mean double and quad-shooting H2BRs?
>
> If we are going by the literal term, I “win.” If we are going by the current slang term, of course you win, it’s slang and not literal.

No, they were talking about the Halo 3 BR

its in one of the threads.

> > By going beyond the RoF you mean double and quad-shooting H2BRs?
> >
> > If we are going by the literal term, I “win.” If we are going by the current slang term, of course you win, it’s slang and not literal.
>
> No, they were talking about the Halo 3 BR
>
> its in one of the threads.

Whose they?
WE are talking about the definition of spamming.
The literal term applies spamming to things you don’t want asscociated with that word.
The urban term applies to those you don’t like.
ie, Spammers = racist name for you.

Are WE clear?

> > Can’t agree more but this is more likely to be locked for flame bait as people are bound to argue on it.
>
> If that’s the case, just about any “argument” thread should be lock as they are often filled with non-sense or ignorance.
>
> Flame bait much?

Arguments are fine as long as they are kept at a debateable level, if they run around screaming in each others faces, they will have action taken against them and the topic in question.

> > > Can’t agree more but this is more likely to be locked for flame bait as people are bound to argue on it.
> >
> > If that’s the case, just about any “argument” thread should be lock as they are often filled with non-sense or ignorance.
> >
> > Flame bait much?
>
> Arguments are fine as long as they are kept at a debateable level, if they run around screaming in each others faces, they will have action taken against them and the topic in question.

Well, No one is screaming yet, I’l Just tell them why they are wrong and if they want to scream some more then, be my guest, It will probably be buried deep down in the forum anyways.

> Arguments are fine as long as they are kept at a debateable level, if they run around screaming in each others faces, they will have action taken against them and the topic in question.

How is there a debate in the first place when the opposition has no clue what they are talking about.

I have a little timeline for you-

1. See this thread

2. Think no one is actually that stupid…

3. Finds thread were someone some one actually says that

4. Is about to get banned-

5. Sees a massive 2 page post correcting him. Breathes a sigh of relief and leaves the thread.

Welcome to Waypoint -_-

> I have a little timeline for you-
>
> 1) See this thread
>
> 2) Think no one is actually that stupid…
>
> 3) Finds thread were someone some one actually says that
>
> 4) Is about to get banned-
>
> 5) Sees a massive 2 page post correcting him. Breathes a sigh of relief and leaves the thread.
>
>
>
> Welcome to Waypoint -_-

LMFAO!!

That is literally what happened to me. I saw this thread first and then saw the other one.

People need to realize that spamming with the DMR with Zero bloom takes alot more skill than pacing with the DMR with bloom.

Reason:

With bloom, if both players paced it can’t even be skilled due to the fact that you get so much time to aim at the person before your reticle resets. Secondly, if both players are spamming with bloom then it’s the same thing as rolling a dice, whoever gets the highest number wins.

Without bloom, people think that spamming with the DMR takes no skill because it’s just a matter of who can pull the trigger faster. Are you kidding me? That’s a horrible excuse because the DMR has a fix fire rate, and you don’t get much time to aim between your shots because you’ll be shooting once every 0.6 seconds. Also, the players are obviously not going to be standing still so you can’t say that it’s just a matter of whoever pulls the trigger the fastest, it requires precision and focus.

Since there’s only a small community of competitive players I will most likely get flamed because of all the people who play this game just for the fun and not competively. Once you begin to play the game competively you will begin to realize that reach is alot better without bloom.

> People need to realize that spamming with the DMR with Zero bloom takes alot more skill than pacing with the DMR with bloom.
>
> Reason:
>
> With bloom, if both players paced it can’t even be skilled due to the fact that you get so much time to aim at the person before your reticle resets. Secondly, if both players are spamming with bloom then it’s the same thing as rolling a dice, whoever gets the highest number wins.

you must hold to a narrow definition of skill. Pacing requires skill. It requires skill to control your rate of fire to always get a hit, its like drumming. The issue with bloom comes from the randomness of the bullets as the reticule expands coupled with the tendency for the game to award headshots. The spammer aiming at the chest is able to beat out the skill of the pacer about 20 or so percent of the time depending on the range of the encounter. The only measure of skill which can be used for competitive uses is the one that is most consistent, which comes down to aim and reaction times. Decreased and zero bloom facilitate this measure. It isn’t a question of more or less, its diffirent skill, but one more consistently measurable.

> Without bloom, people think that spamming with the DMR takes no skill because it’s just a matter of who can pull the trigger faster. Are you kidding me? That’s a horrible excuse because the DMR has a fix fire rate, and you don’t get much time to aim between your shots because you’ll be shooting once every 0.6 seconds. Also, the players are obviously not going to be standing still so you can’t say that it’s just a matter of whoever pulls the trigger the fastest, it requires precision and focus.
>
> Since there’s only a small community of competitive players I will most likely get flamed because of all the people who play this game just for the fun and not competively. Once you begin to play the game competively you will begin to realize that reach is alot better without bloom.

Agreed in so much that being competitive is the goal. I have a preference for 85% bloom. It fits my needs for why I play.

> you must hold to a narrow definition of skill. Pacing requires skill. It requires skill to control your rate of fire to always get a hit, its like drumming.

So you’re saying "taking 5 seconds to take a shot is more skilful than pulling off that exact same shot within 1 second.

Wat.

> > you must hold to a narrow definition of skill. Pacing requires skill. It requires skill to control your rate of fire to always get a hit, its like drumming.
>
> So you’re saying "taking 5 seconds to take a shot is more skilful than pulling off that exact same shot within 1 second.
>
>
> Wat.

Pacing does require skill. It just doesn’t require that much skill. It lowered the skill that was already there. So while adding bloom to the game added a very small skill with a small learning curve, it took away from a much larger and important skill with a big learning curve.

I still hate it because it lowers the skill gap. But pacing is a skill no matter how small and easy.

> > > you must hold to a narrow definition of skill. Pacing requires skill. It requires skill to control your rate of fire to always get a hit, its like drumming.
> >
> > So you’re saying "taking 5 seconds to take a shot is more skilful than pulling off that exact same shot within 1 second.
> >
> >
> > Wat.
>
> Pacing does require skill. It just doesn’t require that much skill. It lowered the skill that was already there. So while adding bloom to the game added a very small skill with a small learning curve, it took away from a much larger and important skill with a big learning curve.
>
> I still hate it because it lowers the skill gap. But pacing is a skill no matter how small and easy.

Do note I said “is more skilful”.
I’m not saying it doesn’t take any skill at all, just less, since you do still have to aim.