For the sake of jumping...

… get rid of the jetpack.

Aside from map breaking tendencies (such as being able to avoid otherwise restrictive map boundaries) the jetpack has also had a massive effect on a playstyle and skill.

That playstyle, jumping, was very dear to me in the first three Halo games. When Reach came out I didn’t think much of the jetpack. Why did I need to? The maps still had plenty of jumps to use, and I used them quite regularly. But even then I felt the jetpack to be un-needed and really that it shouldn’t have been there.

Jumping and knowing the most effective way to traverse a map from Point A to Point B could lead to all the difference in a battle. Knowing the jumps for The Pit or gaurdian had massive effects on how a game turned out simply because the more you knew, the better for you to outthink and subsequently out play your enemey.

In Halo: Reach and Halo 4, this isn’t the case.

How many of you even knew there were jumps in Halo 4? Maps like Haven, Abandon or even Complex. How many of you know how to Spring jump or pressure launch?

My guess would be very, very few of you. And why should you need to know? You’ve got a button that lets you do anything a tactical jump can do anyway, so why would you need to learn? Why would you need to know the jumps if you never had to use them.

This is why I’d like to see the jetpack removed. I could probably run through almost every map in Halo 4 and point out a set of jumps most people wouldn’t know, but it would be a fruitless effort.

Everyone and their cat can use a jetpack, so why should they waste their time attempting to learn the correct timing of a Spring jump?

With the jetpack removed and more tac jumps added, I feel like actually understanding the map and knowing the jumps, routes and mechanics of everything would be far more rewarded. I realise jetpack is loved by some, but I just don’t understand why an entire playstyle and knowledge of the map should die just for the implementation of a map breaking armor ability.

The jetpack, in all honesty, adds very little depth to the game in comparison to jumping and tactical jumps. Everyone can use it, everyone can understand it. You don’t need to jump into custom games and walk around a map for 20 minutes to learn some of the jumps, you don’t need to watch that theatre clip to figure out how that guy got up there, all you need to do is press a button and it’ll take you wherever you want to go.

So please, remove the jetpack from matchmaking. I’d love to see it stay in customs, but I feel like it has no place in the online portion of the game. It takes away too much and adds to little to even be worth it.

Thanks if you read this far. Thoughts/opinions?

Jetpack is game breaking. It causes the same problem as sprint does. It ruins map flow.

Jumping in Halo 2

Now THAT was fun.

OT: I must say I don’t play multiplayer so I leave the comments on that aspect to anyone who does.

I only like to say that in Campaign/SpOps/Firefight I find it an enjoyable/useful thing to have.

Finally someone who doesnt want it completely removed as it would ruin custom games. Would like it to kindly leave the war games stimulator.

> Jumping in Halo 2
>
> Now THAT was fun.
>
> OT: I must say I don’t play multiplayer so I leave the comments on that aspect to anyone who does.
>
> I only like to say that in Campaign/SpOps/Firefight I find it an enjoyable/useful thing to have.

Ahh, super bouncing. How I miss you…

Jetpack is certianly nice for campaign, although I wish there weren’t so many blasted barriers… I miss the exploration that previous games had.

Not that this was jetpacks fault.

Yes.

I can’t believe the Jet-pack returned, despite it being so map-breaking, annoying, and generally bad.

It may of been better if it was a map pick-up and maps being built around it, but this does not seem to be the case.

No “nerf” will do the trick, it needs to go.