For The Love of My Sanity, Fix Team Balancing

Please fix your team balancing, I am sick of losing games that should have been an no brainer to win. I keep getting matched with these brainless idiots and because the ranking system is win/loss I get punished even if I do exceptionally great. Won my first four matches and lost 6 in a row because I had SR2s and 10s on my team. I ranked onxy last season, these players should not be going up against the people I’m facing.

Ugh!

And for reference I am in no way mocking these players, but they obviously shouldn’t be in that match if they’re going -11.6 ect.

EDIT:
And I understand when it comes to the ranking it’s a mix bag until you rank, but I think there should be an algorithm in place that would make it possible for you to match people who ranked otherwise in the last season, because honestly its not fair to the people playing against onxys and it’s not fair for the onxys to have a sack of dead weight just hanging out for a painfully unbalanced and outmatched game.

While I fully agree with the substance of your complaint I would also for the love of god ask that you leave the divines out of the title the next time.

> 2533274798332734;2:
> While I fully agree with the substance of your complaint I would also for the love of god ask that you give your new thread a more descriptive title the next time.

It’s only 50 characters and I’m not very creative.

Sorry my mistake and by the time I had edit it you already quoted the old one.
I guess that god thing blinded me so much that I didn’t see the second part

> 2533274798332734;4:
> Sorry my mistake and by the time I had edit it you already quoted the old one.
> I guess that god thing blinded me so much that I didn’t see the second part

Well that’s unfortunate there’s a legitimate and substantial concern about how team balancing works. I will probably edit more in and maybe copy and paste just in case the mods decide this thread isn’t good enough for a general discussion.

Sanity … that is a good one.
Sometimes it feels like I’m loosing it because of that balancing act that isn’t really balanced.
I also think we would have less -Yoink- - early quitters I mean - if MM was more balanced.

> 2533274833937345;1:
> Please fix your team balancing, I am sick of losing games that should have been an no brainer to win. I keep getting matched with these brainless idiots and because the ranking system is win/loss I get punished even if I do exceptionally great. Won my first four matches and lost 6 in a row because I had SR2s and 10s on my team. I ranked onxy last season, these players should not be going up against the people I’m facing.
>
> Ugh!
>
> And for reference I am in no way mocking these players, but they obviously shouldn’t be in that match if they’re going -11.6 ect.
>
> EDIT:
> And I understand when it comes to the ranking it’s a mix bag until you rank, but I think there should be an algorithm in place that would make it possible for you to match people who ranked otherwise in the last season, because honestly its not fair to the people playing against onxys and it’s not fair for the onxys to have a sack of dead weight just hanging out for a painfully unbalanced and outmatched game.

That is exactly why I don’t play ranked arena anymore unless I have a team. You should not be ranked based on your teams skill. You should be ranked based on your skill.

Placement matches seem to have the wildest variation of player skill and a lot of quitters. MM is pretty messed up for a couple weeks after every season reset. That’s one reason season resets are a bit of a chore. It feels like work just to get back to where you were last week,

> 2535468812026872;8:
> Placement matches seem to have the wildest variation of player skill and a lot of quitters. MM is pretty messed up for a couple weeks after every season reset. That’s one reason season resets are a bit of a chore. It feels like work just to get back to where you were last week,

The resets have actually turned out to be more than “a bit of a chore”. They started out as, and continue to be, what 343 hoped would stimulate more gameplay to achieve the rank you deserve. What they have really done is stifle ranked gameplay for an extended period before the reset, encourage smurfing during that period, and make MM the week after the reset an embarrassing mess. Like TRON 092 said above, it’s a big reason lots of people do not play ranked arena any more.

They’ve been tinkering with the ranks lately, but I’m not sure if the changes are being implemented or not yet. I’d steer clear for awhile till things get settled down.

OP said it perfectly. This ranking system is flawed in so many ways. If you wait to play your queuing games late in the season you’re guaranteed to be ranked massively low regardless of how good your placements are. Just last season a friend and I got his perfect record Platinum 1 in slayer. I was onyx 2000 at the time. We were playing onyx here and there but mostly diamonds and platinum’s but the difficulty of our opponents never changed regardless of our win rate.

We can all expect for someone to tell us to get a team, but i can guarantee most of us play solo ranked arena. i consider myself a guy with decent skills. the problem is that i play solo most of the time. the way i get matched its just way to off. i usually rank between gold 5 and platinum 1 in slayer due to solo queue. i had faced high diamond and a couple of onyx but my team consist of very low gold players and they are really bad. i dont understand how exactly matchmaking works since im always facing diamonds and my team is pure garbage.

This is probably preaching to the choir but it’s especially frustrating for someone like me who’s trying to get into playing Halo 5 and I’m playing against people who have very obviously been playing for some time. It’s not ranked yet so it’s not a HUGE deal, but it makes me worried to get into ranked plus the added frustration of getting destroyed by 2 or 3 guys who are going 10-15 kills and nearly no deaths on the opposing team while I’m just trying to figure out where different weapons are on the map haha.