FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TURN OFF TEAM KILLING!

Team killing is in no way beneficial and its very existence creates toxic players and leads to people quitting matches early. The boot system is also trash and isn’t even a band-aide for the problem. I know they can turn off team damage because it has been in option in every freaking Halo in custom games and they choose the freaking gametypes and options that are in matchmaking. Update all the servers to have team damage disabled. How this gets overlooked every freaking game or is intentionally turned in is so freaking mind blowing. I don’t know who’s job it is to do balancing but if you can’t see that team killing just shouldn’t be freaking allowed in matchmaking then 343i you guys need to rethink that person’s position in terms on the influence they have in matchmaking.

I agree almost 100% with your post, though it should be pointed out that you still need “team killing” (ie, friendly fire) in Objective matches, since someone from your team could grab the flag or bomb, then be a jerk and simply never score. Without team killing, there’d be no way to force them to drop it.

Other than that, there’s simply no good reason to allow betrayals, and when H4 removed them from BTB it immediately became the go-to playlist.

There’s nothing worse than players betraying on purpose, ruins the game totally agree with you there.

However…

Friendly fire being on is necessary.

It clear a room your teammates could easily flood it with frags while you waltz in with a BR to clean up. Would be too easy.

Agreed

Agreed, it never benefits anyone.

> 2674682457276537;3:
> There’s nothing worse than players betraying on purpose, ruins the game totally agree with you there.
>
> However…
>
> Friendly fire being on is necessary.
>
> It clear a room your teammates could easily flood it with frags while you waltz in with a BR to clean up. Would be too easy.

This is so rare compared to how often a teammate betrays you for a weapon – or, just to be a jerk – it’s not even really a question.

Don’t search by yourself.

Hahahaha. This is the funniest -Yoink- I have read in a while.

This is HALO, not Call of Duty and Battlefield(which on their hardcore settings have teamkilling, though COD reflects at times).

Whats next, immunity to your own grenades?

Someone please delete this garbage post, to late to fundamentally change the game( or atleast I hope so ‘cough’ ‘cough’ ‘Gears of War2’)

Friendly fire is necessary in any competitive shooting game. Obviously there are -Yoinks!- in any game you play. However, the amount of people who intentionally team kill is small compared to the players who do not. You can’t and shouldn’t alter a game to help change an extremely minor problem. Especially when the fix would completely throw off the balance of the game.

> 2533274938757293;9:
> Friendly fire is necessary in any competitive shooting game. Obviously there are -Yoinks!- in any game you play. However, the amount of people who intentionally team kill is small compared to the players who do not. You can’t and shouldn’t alter a game to help change an extremely minor problem. Especially when the fix would completely throw off the balance of the game.

Yes, the number of players who betray is smaller than the number of players who do not, but that’s exactly the point: the smaller number of team-killing players is allowed to fundamentally ruin the experience for everybody else, and without a seriously good reason for it being allowed.

> 2533274841696107;10:
> > 2533274938757293;9:
> > Friendly fire is necessary in any competitive shooting game. Obviously there are -Yoinks!- in any game you play. However, the amount of people who intentionally team kill is small compared to the players who do not. You can’t and shouldn’t alter a game to help change an extremely minor problem. Especially when the fix would completely throw off the balance of the game.
>
>
> Yes, the number of players who betray is smaller than the number of players who do not, but that’s exactly the point: the smaller number of team-killing players is allowed to fundamentally ruin the experience for everybody else, and without a seriously good reason for it being allowed.

Game balance and mechanics are the reason for it being allowed. A better solution instead of removing friendly fire would be to install a more aggressive monitoring system for players who consistently betray their teammates. This would allow for 343 to put the team killers into games together, separating them from those who do not. Another step for the extreme offenders is to use matchmaking bans as well. Other games have used matchmaking bans to good effect, 343 should and could do the same.

No. Friendly fire is a hallmark. There was nothing more annoying than getting simultaneously rushed by opposing players who had teammates in the back throwing grenades literally onto their very position. It makes absolutely no sense. It promotes reckless game play

Turning off friendly fire is easy mode

I would like to see FF go, but if it has to stay then the betrayal boot system has to be seriously beefed up. If you get betrayed, you get the option to boot. Every. Single. Time. Doesn’t mean you have to exercise the option. If you know it was accidental then you can forgive. Or not. Whatever. But at least this way the offender offends once. Now for the problem of being down a man…

I got team-killed as soon as I started the game earlier. Smh.

> 2533274873843883;13:
> I would like to see FF go, but if it has to stay then the betrayal boot system has to be seriously beefed up. If you get betrayed, you get the option to boot. Every. Single. Time. Doesn’t mean you have to exercise the option. If you know it was accidental then you can forgive. Or not. Whatever. But at least this way the offender offends once. Now for the problem of being down a man…

You cant give the option to boot on the very first betrayal. Accidents happen, I would be fine with the option to boot coming on the second betrayal in a game from one person.

I don’t see my option for no. At the very least let people express their opinions in the votes.
I actually probably wouldn’t mind that much if FF was turned off in unranked playlists.
I’m a firm believer in it staying for competitive matches though. I get that its frustrating when people kill you for power weapons or just because your team is losing, but for me you lose an important aspect of the competitiveness of the match when FF is off. Everything matters when it is off: That grenade you threw, where you shot that rocket, if a teammate is going to walk in front of you while sniping. You have to be more aware of what you are doing. Otherwise you’d just shoot a rocket anywhere, huck grenades at teammates, even stick your own teammate with a plasma grenade and let him walk into enemies.

Team killing has always been a part of Halo. It sucks sometimes. But I wouldn’t give it up.

> 2533274938757293;15:
> > 2533274873843883;13:
> > I would like to see FF go, but if it has to stay then the betrayal boot system has to be seriously beefed up. If you get betrayed, you get the option to boot. Every. Single. Time. Doesn’t mean you have to exercise the option. If you know it was accidental then you can forgive. Or not. Whatever. But at least this way the offender offends once. Now for the problem of being down a man…
>
>
> You cant give the option to boot on the very first betrayal. Accidents happen, I would be fine with the option to boot coming on the second betrayal in a game from one person.

You can give the option to boot on the first betrayal. The betrayed player does not have to exercise the option to boot, but it should be given nonetheless. It’s up to the discretion of the betrayed player. Could they boot someone, knowing full well that the betrayal was an accident? Of course they could. I bet they mostly wouldn’t, because who wants to be down a team mate? And if you don’t offer the boot until the second betrayal you are creating an environment where a db, and there are many of them, can betray every single player on his team at least once without fear of any repercussion whatsoever. Not acceptable.

> 2533274808694897;17:
> Team killing has always been a part of Halo. It sucks sometimes. But I wouldn’t give it up.

I feel like that’s saying “cheating is a part of Halo - I wouldn’t give it up,” or “quitting is a part of Halo - I wouldn’t give it up,” or “unsportsmanlike conduct is a fact of life - I wouldn’t give it up.” You wouldn’t give it up because you like it, or because you can’t figure out how to get rid of it without giving up something else that you don’t want to lose?

I say keep it if it doesn’t affect score. Keep it so you can boot the trolls.