FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEPARATE EU AND US SERVERS

The servers have gone to absolute trash after the EU has muddied up what was a great matchmaking server system. For the love of god 343 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE separate the servers. I know for a fact that EU kids want their own servers and US DEFINITELY wants separate servers. It was never a good idea to do it.

Oh, and pegasus is by far the worst map ever made. Do the Halo community a favor and take it out of the game.

Those are my gripes for the day. That is all.

Region lock was the best thing to happen to matchmaking. Never had any problems with connections. Now it’s such a crap shoot. I don’t want to play against people in Europe or Mexico. Why do you force this. Give us the option. For the love of god

Region lock. Region unlock. The greatest battle of our time.

I never see lag. Not before and not after the region lock thing. I can play some modes again so I like it better this way.

AAAAAAANNNNNDDDDD THE SERVERS ARE DOWN AGAIN!! WOOHOOOOOO

> 2533274859228344;2:
> Region lock was the best thing to happen to matchmaking. Never had any problems with connections. Now it’s such a crap shoot. I don’t want to play against people in Europe or Mexico. Why do you force this. Give us the option. For the love of god

Not for many who couldnt find a game and still cant in other regions. Server selection is the answer.

Some of my Xbox Live friends live in Europe and Australia. I don’t experience any lag when playing Matchmaking with them.

> 2533274989334266;6:
> > 2533274859228344;2:
> > Region lock was the best thing to happen to matchmaking. Never had any problems with connections. Now it’s such a crap shoot. I don’t want to play against people in Europe or Mexico. Why do you force this. Give us the option. For the love of god
>
>
> Not for many who couldnt find a game and still cant in other regions. Server selection is the answer.

areas that have a halo community should not be put down because another one doesn’t have gamers.

Yeah, no offence to those in America, but you guys are WAAAAAAAY too laggy.

> 2533274925659281;7:
> Some of my Xbox Live friends live in Europe and Australia. I don’t experience any lag when playing Matchmaking with them.

no you dont. But they should. They might not notice. But there is a huge latency. As you can see in most threads on the subject, some say that they dont feel it. But it’s there, no way around it. My best us ping is 180 ms. So closing in on a quarter of a second.

> 2535471595119823;9:
> Yeah, no offence to those in America, but you guys are WAAAAAAAY too laggy.

It has nothing to do with americans or europeans being laggy, it is the distance between them that induces lag regardless of their connection quality.

> 2535443638429068;11:
> > 2535471595119823;9:
> > Yeah, no offence to those in America, but you guys are WAAAAAAAY too laggy.
>
>
> It has nothing to do with americans or europeans being laggy, it is the distance between them that induces lag regardless of their connection quality.

Which has something to do with where you live, so yes, Americans are laggy to us. And before this escalates, please don’t get butt-blasted just because I said you guys were laggy, I even said “no offence”.

> 2533274865057977;4:
> I never see lag. Not before and not after the region lock thing. I can play some modes again so I like it better this way.

Your very lucky then.

nice

Really having the region lock removed on dedicated servers is kind of pointless. Dedicated servers weren’t meant to be open. At least not open to the sense to where everyone can connect to them. The term dedicated means just that. Dedicated to a certain region or area. That’s how they work. And thats how H5 was built on the region lock system. Its never good to open them like they have. Specially when the game was never coded for it. Lets just see what Mays update brings… Maybe they will give the option to select what server you connect too.

Come to Oceania… then we can talk about Region Lock… #NoPopulation

> 2533274873172929;16:
> Come to Oceania… then we can talk about Region Lock… #NoPopulation

That my friend is one of the biggest down falls about dedicated servers with region lock. That’s why they need to come up with selectable servers. For people with low population.

> 2533274859228344;2:
> Region lock was the best thing to happen to matchmaking. Never had any problems with connections. Now it’s such a crap shoot. I don’t want to play against people in Europe or Mexico. Why do you force this. Give us the option. For the love of god

Yeah I was actually playing against Mexicans the other night!! I’m in the UK! It was literally the worst game of Halo I’ve ever played. At one point I was chasing one of them and put 9 shots into him with the pistol. 9 shots! My teammate saw it all as he’d just died, and neither of us could believe it. After 9 shots the guy turned around and quickly killed me.

The game plays like absolute crap at the moment, but hopefully there will be a fix in the next update. They said they’re putting in matchmaking options, so things may improve.

There’s already a 200+ page thread about this, “Dedicated Servers EU”, although I enjoy seeing more pop up as they seem to be ignoring that one and haven’t replied in weeks.

The lag has been terrible ever since the update.