For the All-Stars and Forge Extraordinaire.

I know giving the star out was pretty cool for every one, but I feel as though the crowd that earned theirs through all-stars or getting a map into matchmaking lost out on a small visual reward. I’m not complaining, the reward itself is the accomplishment and not the gift, but could their be something for the people who worked so hard. Be that a nameplate, or even a piece of armor, could we have some sort of souvenir that shows we accomplished a great thing.

It’s in no way a demand or plea but merely a suggestion that you enlighten us with a trinket, something we can hold on to and say I worked hard for this, to be the best I could to earn my “Insert Name of souvenir here”. Even if this is never read, and nothing is done I am still happy with what we’ve got and appreciate any time you spent in reading this.

You know I was actually quite happy to hear one of the people on my friends list say even though they couldn’t prove it anymore, they were a winner of an all star competition, and proud to have their star early. Most humbling thing I’ve ever heard.

> You know I was actually quite happy to hear one of the people on my friends list say even though they couldn’t prove it anymore, they were a winner of an all star competition, and proud to have their star early. Most humbling thing I’ve ever heard.

Indeed, the reward is in the Journey, not the destination.

I definitely like the idea, but as APC said… I won’t be sore if it doesn’t happen. One change I would like is a different nameplate for forgers than for the all star winners (if an all star type competition comes back). How cool would it be for the forgers with maps in matchmaking walking around strutting a monitor, anvil, or forge hammer? That would be pretty damn sick if you ask me. :wink:

I did not win the All-Star Nameplate, but I am currently wearing it. But I do feel bad for the people who earned it.

But at the same time, I’m fed up of Bungie’s nameplate, and the all-star seems better than the others for now.

Maybe if you e-mail Bungie, and get a full e-mail list of who earned All-Star, you have some confirmation in the future when you need to defend yourself, or something.

I dunno, i’m tired. :confused:

Not being an allstar myself, but understanding, to a certain extent, what you guys went through to get it I believe you should have something to differentiate yourself from the rest of us. Why not? It’s not elitist, and yes it is about the journey not some image on a nameplate. I think it is the principal of the thing. They said here, we want to give you this in recognition of what you accomplished. Now we all get to have one at the click of a button.

So I do think it would be respectful of 343i to reimplement something to carry on that recognition, I for one, think you all deserve it.

<4

> How cool would it be for the forgers with maps in matchmaking walking around strutting a monitor, anvil, or forge hammer? That would be pretty damn sick if you ask me. :wink:

Best. Idea. Ever.

I would love that!

> > You know I was actually quite happy to hear one of the people on my friends list say even though they couldn’t prove it anymore, they were a winner of an all star competition, and proud to have their star early. Most humbling thing I’ve ever heard.
>
> Indeed, the reward is in the Journey, not the destination.

thanks for that wisdom yoda

> You know I was actually quite happy to hear one of the people on my friends list say even though they couldn’t prove it anymore, they were a winner of an all star competition, and proud to have their star early. Most humbling thing I’ve ever heard.

Wasn’t me, was it? Because I always complain haha

I really didn’t care that the Star became available for other people. I won a Star in the Hunter contest back in April. I know I got it before everybody else could. I still use that nameplate and I don’t mind other people use it if they didn’t win. It was fun and prestigious for a little while, but all good things, it must come to an end.

It’s kinda like the Halo 3 Recon. Only a few people had it, then Bungie made it accessible for others to use. The Stars, Bungie and Eternal flames are just a parting gift from them to us. The timing is just off on it, so it feels to some like the Star is worthless. So even if you didn’t win the Star, wear it with pride and know that some of the Stars you come across are All-Stars.

although i like the idea of getting something new and exclusive, i dont really think its necessary to get anything more. The star was more or less a symbolic gesture, which was nice to receive, and having it before everyone else was somewhat enjoyable too… but demanding (sorta) to receive something else in a way defeats the purpose- plus when it was something bungie did i dont expect 343i to have any part in it…

but if 343i started doing similar contests and offering exclusive nameplates or other things like that “Bob armor” that would be pretty interesting! lol

I vote for a hammer and anvil for the Matchmaking Cartographers. For community contest winners something fun and partyish. All in favor?