For some reason: In game name randomized?

My account has been assigned a random name apart from my gamer tag. When provided with the option to pick a name i had one that was not in use cleared. Despite that, I’ve been given one of the random names the game assigns to bots. Is there a way to fix my name?

This is the original poster, after changing my gamer tag this is the name it gave me i dont want it. id appreciate any information.

Bump

I have the same issue. Tried with two different emails. The name I selected was green checked then when the game loads the first time it’s a random name. No where to change it i can find.

Please see the Support Site, there is an article about this.

> 2533274796457055;5:
> Please see the Support Site, there is an article about this.

Can you tag a link please I’ve contacted every avenue and have been directed here.

I’m just not going to play the game. Specifying you’re name shouldn’t be a problem. Servers require an Xbox? Don’t put it on pc then. This is disappointing.

> 2535471143460991;6:
> > 2533274796457055;5:
> > Please see the Support Site, there is an article about this.
>
> Can you tag a link please I’ve contacted every avenue and have been directed here.

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037206472-Auto-assigned-a-New-Gamertag-After-Picking-A-New-One