For CEA MP Make Health pickup automatic

Spartans should not have to hold a button to pick up a health pack, it detracts from gameplay and I have found myself unable to pick up health because of too may weapons surrounding the health or simply being a second too late before getting shot.
I feel it is essential that you make this automatic like it was in H1 where u simply bump into the health pack to replenish your shield.

I don’t normally say something is insignificant when it’s about gameplay, but really? Having to press a button was put into the game so that way you didn’t accidentally pick one up when you’re not critically wounded (when your health recharge will regenerate all of your health that you lost).

> I don’t normally say something is insignificant when it’s about gameplay, but really? Having to press a button was put into the game so that way you didn’t accidentally pick one up when you’re not critically wounded (when your health recharge will regenerate all of your health that you lost).

Having weapons on the ground around a healthpack can be an uncontrollable circumstance that can cause your death. If that really becomes an issue, turn off health regen.

then maybe it should of been a different button.

nah too complicated…

This actually came into play at MLG Orlando. Two players on team Infamous were lacking health and the one in yellow went to the health pack but was told that his teammate was on red. Instead of taking it, he left it for the player in red, who then went on to get hit by a grenade a bit later.

Had it been automatic, the yellow health player would have just taken it automatically and his teammate would have died instantly from the grenade.

There are just times when you don’t want to take it, and that freedom should stay.

And players should have to actually think about taking it and make the decision to, not simply be rewarded for happening to be in the right place at the right time.

> This actually came into play at MLG Orlando. Two players on team Infamous were lacking health and the one in yellow went to the health pack but was told that his teammate was on red. Instead of taking it, he left it for the player in red, who then went on to get hit by a grenade a bit later.
>
> Had it been automatic, the yellow health player would have just taken it automatically and his teammate would have died instantly from the grenade.
>
> There are just times when you don’t want to take it, and that freedom should stay.
>
> And players should have to actually think about taking it and make the decision to, not simply be rewarded for happening to be in the right place at the right time.

This.

Though…for nostalgia’s sake, CEA’s playlists should emulate CE’s multiplayer as close as possible.

Well, using a button to use the health packs is actually cool, number 1.- How could ever there be “So many” weapons on the ground, when the majority of times those are spawn weapons, otherwise they would be power weapons. 2.- It helps that if we are not that wounded we would pick them up accidentaly, and I hate waisting resources when others may need them

this kind of relates to objective pickup also, you get the option to pickup a AR instead of the flag… thats annoying :frowning: