For all we know 343i might not be listening to us

I need a sign telling me that 343 industries actually listens to there forums, only the hardcore halo fans and many more are joing this site, it will soon grow. I dont think 343 will listen to us. Bungie did that and now im glad were finally having a different producer to a game.

I wasnt someone to convince me that htere listening to us, something, a post a url anything…SOME ONE, ANY ONE, PLEASE RESPOND !

They’re listening. When you see posts by BS Angel, Total Sellout, Veronica, Vociferous, and some others those are actual 343 employees. They do have work to do however, so being here all the time isn’t feasible. They do post fairly often, sometimes more often than other times. After all even though they love Halo and work on Halo, they have other interests and lives to live.

Trust me, they’re listening.

One small example, is the function to edit your posts at any time. This function was not present until a mere month ago, but they added it, at the community’s request. So yeah, they listen. And they are great people, and far more in touch with the general community than Bungie have been in years, no surprise due to the enormous amount of fans they have.

ever thought of it that way but…were are the replies at least when people come up with amazing ideas of forge or multiplayer

They can’t reply all the time, but they take our feedback. Another excellent example is the Halo Wars leaderboards. They were set to be shut down and there was really no hope. The community came here, spoke out, and the Halo Wars leaderboards have gained new life.

Sometimes you just have to hope they see what you have to say, if in doubt, shoot out emails or PM’s.

The truth is out there…

Keep in mind they all need to be very tactful with their responses. Once something is in writing it cannot easily be recanted. Thus I am sure there is alot more reading than responding going on. Although there are still many examples of 343 employee’s responding to fans questions and or concerns.

I think for the forums, 343 is listening and responding quite well.
Since I’ve joined back in November I have seen added:

Ability to edit posts more than once
Word filter changes the word to “Yoink!”

There are probably more, but those two stand out the most to me.

I do see some random html sometimes still. Anybody else see that also?

Some of these “they are listening” examples are a little weak. As the forum is in its beta some features are bound to be missing, their implementation has little to do with the communities demands (or at least it shouldn’t, leaving out basic features that are expected on messageboards, such as edit, is pretty inexcusable).

Better examples are:

• Frequent posting from 343 staff.
  • The decision to maintain the Halo Wars stats.

> Some of these “they are listening” examples are a little weak. As the forum is in its beta some features are bound to be missing, their implementation has little to do with the communities demands (or at least it shouldn’t, leaving out basic features that are expected on messageboards, such as edit, is pretty inexcusable).
>
> Better examples are:
> - Frequent posting from 343 staff.
> - The decision to maintain the Halo Wars stats.

The edit button was like:
Community: We want permanent edit button!
BS angel: Ok, do you want it now? What do you say?
Community: Yes!
BS angel: Ok here you go.

I ate a sandwich in between line three and four. Just fyi.

they will not to everything but to some, I do hope they in corperate more book info into the games(perhaps tell those working on the halo ce remake to IDK add some new tibits of info such as the spartans from the books?)

They are listening. As far as im concerned they listen a lot more than some other gaming companies Cough Cough Nexon Cough Cough

> I ate a sandwich in between line three and four. Just fyi.

So that’s what the delay was!

They are 100% reading our posts. Frankie even commented on mine. :slight_smile: