For a company that preaches fairness...

…this game is anything but fair.

Random Ordnance drops:
How is it fair that one team gets Snipes, Rockets, and Damage Boost while the other team gets Needler, OS (that does nothing, btw), and Speed Boost? It doesn’t make sense. How is it fair that one base on Ragnarok gets a Sniper on the second drop, but the other base receives a SAW?
These are the problems with random weapon drops. One team will always be at an advantage because of luck, not skill. With static weapon spawns, the teams must fight for the single weapon or simply receive the same weapon as the other team (if that weapon spawns in two locations).

Join in Progress:
How is it fair that one team is always at a disadvantage in this matching system? I can’t tell you how many games I’ve played where either my team or the other team starts the game (i.e. goes through the voting process) with fewer players than the other team. This is absurd. Halo is not CoD, and starting a game at a disadvantage is, well, a disadvantage.
If I search in Infinity Slayer with 3 people, I will never have an even match. I played 3 hours with 3 people, and every one of the games started out 4v3. Nobody ever joined. People on the other teams quit and joined, but not ours. I’ve noticed this in BTB as well.

Map spawns:
Many of the maps have severe choke points, and they all have one team that spawns closer to that point. Take Haven, for example. Why do the teams spawn on “big ramp” and “long walk” instead of the left and right flanks? The ramp team is always closer to the hill, always closer to Top Mid, and has much more cover.
Abandon: One team spawns up top, the other spawns below. Not sure how that’s fair, especially with the join in progress issues already mentioned.
Solace: Why would you make this map asymmetrical?! There’s no point, and one side has a severe advantage.

It’s amazing that 343i preached the idea of “fairness” and “equality” when promoting this game, but there isn’t any to be had.

Another thing to add to that list is that when playing oddball the ball can spawn in one team’s base and does so randomly. I shouldn’t have to explain why that’s unfair.

> Another thing to add to that list is that when playing oddball the ball can spawn in one team’s base and does so randomly. I shouldn’t have to explain why that’s unfair.

Exactly. I haven’t played any Oddball, but I’ve watched some gameplays and seen this occur.

Not to mention you can actually throw the Oddball at an opponent now, which basically gives you the free kill every time. How is that fair?

The DMR is unfair.

Life is unfair.

Joke aside, they need to tweak in some of the things in Halo 4.

> …this game is anything but fair.
>
> Random Ordnance drops:
> How is it fair that one team gets Snipes, Rockets, and Damage Boost while the other team gets Needler, OS (that does nothing, btw), and Speed Boost? It doesn’t make sense. How is it fair that one base on Ragnarok gets a Sniper on the second drop, but the other base receives a SAW?
> These are the problems with random weapon drops. One team will always be at an advantage because of luck, not skill. With static weapon spawns, the teams must fight for the single weapon or simply receive the same weapon as the other team (if that weapon spawns in two locations).
>
> Join in Progress:
> How is it fair that one team is always at a disadvantage in this matching system? I can’t tell you how many games I’ve played where either my team or the other team starts the game (i.e. goes through the voting process) with fewer players than the other team. This is absurd. Halo is not CoD, and starting a game at a disadvantage is, well, a disadvantage.
> If I search in Infinity Slayer with 3 people, I will never have an even match. I played 3 hours with 3 people, and every one of the games started out 4v3. Nobody ever joined. People on the other teams quit and joined, but not ours. I’ve noticed this in BTB as well.
>
> Map spawns:
> Many of the maps have severe choke points, and they all have one team that spawns closer to that point. Take Haven, for example. Why do the teams spawn on “big ramp” and “long walk” instead of the left and right flanks? The ramp team is always closer to the hill, always closer to Top Mid, and has much more cover.
> Abandon: One team spawns up top, the other spawns below. Not sure how that’s fair, especially with the join in progress issues already mentioned.
> Solace: Why would you make this map asymmetrical?! There’s no point, and one side has a severe advantage.
>
>
> It’s amazing that 343i preached the idea of “fairness” and “equality” when promoting this game, but there isn’t any to be had.

All of that plus excessive aim assist and instant respawns summarise why I am disappointed in the multiplayer. Campaign and spartan ops have been the best part about Halo 4, although I’ll praise 343i for introducing dominion and regicide in the multiplayer.

Regicide is terrible though. It’s yet another thing to list as an unfair feature to the multiplayer. Why should somebody who goes +14 lose to somebody who goes -1? Considering the objective of the gametype is to kill people and isn’t an objective, I fail to see how that’s something people would want to play. The only reason that playlist has any population at all is because it’s the only FFA option

> All of that plus excessive aim assist and instant respawns summarise why I am disappointed in the multiplayer. Campaign and spartan ops have been the best part about Halo 4, although I’ll praise 343i for introducing dominion and regicide in the multiplayer.

I forgot about instant respawns.

How are instant respawns fair to teams? How?! Yea, they speed up gameplay, but at what cost? Teams are unable to form any set-up or strategic movement when players are respawning half a second after they die. It’s no wonder most games end 600-540 or so…people are just trading kills, but in the new sense of the word:

1v1 battle. We are both 1-shot, I win the battle. Enemy respawns instantly, kills me with the incredibly long-ranged DMR. Now we are both full shields again, score is 1-1. Not fair at all.

I agree with the OP. The random weapons spawns and ordinance drops kill the multiplayer. I don’t like calling in OD’s and getting a choice between a SAW, Speed Boost, and the Forerunner grenades and someone on the other team either gets a Damage Boost, Binary Rifle, and Plasma Grenades on Ragnarok. What the hell am I supposed to do with a SAW on a wide open, long range map?

[deleted]