For 1 week or 2 days disable Sprint?

Ok 343 and everyone listen up
For 1 week of the beta. Or even 2 days! Just try this.
Disable Sprinting…And see how we react!
People are complaining …so try it!

Do itttttttttt 343!
If you are so adamant that sprint belongs in the game, PROVE IT!

but don’t forget to bump up base speed a little bit too :slight_smile:

Simply removing sprint wont make this game play better, nor will it make the maps designed around it play any better either.

NO

Too late; the maps have been designed for it, it should stay. Only way to make these maps work without sprint would be a significant increase in base movement/acceleration speed, which I don’t see happening.

> 2533275018899275;3:
> Simply removing sprint wont make this game play better, nor will it make the maps designed around it play any better either.

How would you know it wont make the game play better if you don’t test it? This is what a beta is for, getting feedback and finding out what plays best, and if that happens to be no sprint with upping the base movement speed or sprint then at least we know.

You really think they could actually do this, even if they wanted to? Removing sprint would be difficult enough anyway from a coding point of view, but rewriting the control scheme so you can still charge, slide and all that, as well as making the maps’ finely tuned clamber points and skill jumps null and void?

Not. Happening. Mate. Im sorry, but it’s true.

> 2533274932540799;7:
> You really think they could actually do this, even if they wanted to? Removing sprint would be difficult enough anyway from a coding point of view, but rewriting the control scheme so you can still charge, slide and all that, as well as making the maps’ finely tuned clamber points and skill jumps null and void?
>
> Not. Happening. Mate. Im sorry, but it’s true.

They could absolutely do it, not so much re-writing the control scheme but they could easily disable sprint, up the base movement speed and everybody would just know going in that “ok, the maps aren’t tuned for this, but lets just see how the combat goes”

The debate around sprint is 50/50. I doubt they will change it.

> 2533274924290830;1:
> Ok 343 and everyone listen up
> For 1 week of the beta. Or even 2 days! Just try this.
> Disable Sprinting…And see how we react!
> People are complaining …so try it!

I got a even better idea! It’s mind blowing; hear me out… hear me… go play h1-3 there’s your no sprint… great now we can mark this crap as a spammed thread.

> 2533274865083569;4:
> NO

Are you AFRAID OF CHANGE ? It seems you are afraid to see sprint go after two games with it considering you are mad that we just want to test it.

> 2533274898131165;11:
> > 2533274865083569;4:
> > NO
>
>
> Are you AFRAID OF CHANGE ? It seems you are afraid to see sprint go after two games with it considering you are mad that we just want to test it.

You basically made yourself sound like a hipacrit. Fail

> 2533274795660102;10:
> > 2533274924290830;1:
> > Ok 343 and everyone listen up
> > For 1 week of the beta. Or even 2 days! Just try this.
> > Disable Sprinting…And see how we react!
> > People are complaining …so try it!
>
>
> I got a even better idea! It’s mind blowing; hear me out… hear me… go play h1-3 there’s your no sprint… great now we can mark this crap as a spammed thread.

Go play halo 4 and reach if you want sprint, see we can both use this stupid argument.

> 2533274898131165;13:
> > 2533274795660102;10:
> > > 2533274924290830;1:
> > > Ok 343 and everyone listen up
> > > For 1 week of the beta. Or even 2 days! Just try this.
> > > Disable Sprinting…And see how we react!
> > > People are complaining …so try it!
> >
> >
> >
> > I got a even better idea! It’s mind blowing; hear me out… hear me… go play h1-3 there’s your no sprint… great now we can mark this crap as a spammed thread.
>
>
> Go play halo 4 and reach if you want sprint, see we can both use this stupid argument.

Lol why would i play h4 or hr??? I’m enjoying my h5 sprint that’s not getting taken out looooool. god you’re not too good at comebacks are you?

> 2533275018899275;3:
> Simply removing sprint wont make this game play better, nor will it make the maps designed around it play any better either.

Empire/Eden doesn’t seem like it was designed with sprint in mind.

> 2533274797967716;6:
> > 2533275018899275;3:
> > Simply removing sprint wont make this game play better, nor will it make the maps designed around it play any better either.
>
>
> How would you know it wont make the game play better if you don’t test it? This is what a beta is for, getting feedback and finding out what plays best, and if that happens to be no sprint with upping the base movement speed or sprint then at least we know.

Even if they did remove sprint, do you honestly think this game would play better? Serious question btw.

> 2533274932540799;7:
> You really think they could actually do this, even if they wanted to? Removing sprint would be difficult enough anyway from a coding point of view, but rewriting the control scheme so you can still charge, slide and all that, as well as making the maps’ finely tuned clamber points and skill jumps null and void?
>
> Not. Happening. Mate. Im sorry, but it’s true.

Its not me who wants it. Im saying this for all the people saying that sprinting should be removed

> 2533274924290830;1:
> Ok 343 and everyone listen up
> For 1 week of the beta. Or even 2 days! Just try this.
> Disable Sprinting…And see how we react!
> People are complaining …so try it!

Only if they increased jump height and base player speed by a decent amount.

Double post, sorry.

> 2533275018899275;16:
> > 2533274797967716;6:
> > > 2533275018899275;3:
> > > Simply removing sprint wont make this game play better, nor will it make the maps designed around it play any better either.
> >
> >
> >
> > How would you know it wont make the game play better if you don’t test it? This is what a beta is for, getting feedback and finding out what plays best, and if that happens to be no sprint with upping the base movement speed or sprint then at least we know.
>
>
> Even if they did remove sprint, do you honestly think this game would play better? Serious question btw.

Yes i do, it speeds up the gameplay without any of the negatives of sprint. What does sprint add to the game that upping the base movement speed doesn’t do? Also all i’m saying is that this is the perfect time to test it as this is a beta.