Footprints in snow back

Back from halo 3 after being absent in Reach and 4: footprints made in snow. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was kinda cheap it was missing in those two games after being in 3. Watch were the two hogs pull up and the guy running up: Halo 5 Multiplayer Trailer [Gamescom] - YouTube

Nice 343 for bringing back this fine detail!

It was gone?

> 2535460843083983;2:
> It was gone?

Yup, try walking on longbow Halo 4. No footprints to be seen.

> 2533274847657643;1:
> Back from halo 3 after being absent in Reach and 4: footprints made in snow. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was kinda cheap it was missing in those two games after being in 3. Watch were the two hogs pull up and the guy running up: Halo 5 Multiplayer Trailer [Gamescom] - YouTube
>
> Nice 343 for bringing back this fine detail!

Very cool. I kinda would’ve figured as much since there are the footprints in Arena.
It’s one of those little things that really adds to the game. Not once in Halo 3 did it help me get a kill, but I’m sure it happens. Must be cool to say “the only reason I got that kill was because I saw his tracks.”

> 2533274825044752;4:
> > 2533274847657643;1:
> > Back from halo 3 after being absent in Reach and 4: footprints made in snow. Not a huge deal, but I thought it was kinda cheap it was missing in those two games after being in 3. Watch were the two hogs pull up and the guy running up: Halo 5 Multiplayer Trailer [Gamescom] - YouTube
> >
> > Nice 343 for bringing back this fine detail!
>
>
> Very cool. I kinda would’ve figured as much since there are the footprints in Arena.
> It’s one of those little things that really adds to the game. Not once in Halo 3 did it help me get a kill, but I’m sure it happens. Must be cool to say “the only reason I got that kill was because I saw his tracks.”

Yeah haha that would be awesome. But the prints just make the game feel more interactive, like you made your “footprint ;)” on the map.

> 2535460843083983;2:
> It was gone?

It was ever there? Lol

Good eye!

I noticed this as well, it is a nice addition.

That is a neat feature; I love the lighting but on closer inspection, am I the only one who thinks the snow texture is just…nonexistent. I’m sure it’ll get added/improved before release (seeing that it is pre-release software); I just don’t want it ending up with poor textures; Halo 4’s multiplayer had a lot of those, especially with the floors - even Halo 3’s floors looked better!

> 2533274809692665;9:
> That is a neat feature; I love the lighting but on closer inspection, am I the only one who thinks the snow texture is just…nonexistent. I’m sure it’ll get added/improved before release (seeing that it is pre-release software); I just don’t want it ending up with poor textures; Halo 4’s multiplayer had a lot of those, especially with the floors - even Halo 3’s floors looked better!

I’m not sure how much more time 343i has to put stuff into the game. Launch is only a little over two months away.

It’d be even cooler if the footprints never disappeared, and by the end of the game there would be tracks all over the place.

> 2533274835229788;11:
> It’d be even cooler if the footprints never disappeared, and by the end of the game there would be tracks all over the place.

Now that would be legit, before and after map effects would be awesome.

> 2533274803493024;10:
> > 2533274809692665;9:
> > That is a neat feature; I love the lighting but on closer inspection, am I the only one who thinks the snow texture is just…nonexistent. I’m sure it’ll get added/improved before release (seeing that it is pre-release software); I just don’t want it ending up with poor textures; Halo 4’s multiplayer had a lot of those, especially with the floors - even Halo 3’s floors looked better!
>
>
> I’m not sure how much more time 343i has to put stuff into the game. Launch is only a little over two months away.

Demos and trailers, like E3 and Gamescom, are often several weeks to several months old, with the focus on them being stability and gameplay polish rather than visuals.
They have time. The actual current builds of these maps are probably already better than what was shown.

> 2533274907934539;13:
> > 2533274803493024;10:
> > > 2533274809692665;9:
> > > That is a neat feature; I love the lighting but on closer inspection, am I the only one who thinks the snow texture is just…nonexistent. I’m sure it’ll get added/improved before release (seeing that it is pre-release software); I just don’t want it ending up with poor textures; Halo 4’s multiplayer had a lot of those, especially with the floors - even Halo 3’s floors looked better!
> >
> >
> > I’m not sure how much more time 343i has to put stuff into the game. Launch is only a little over two months away.
>
>
> Demos and trailers, like E3 and Gamescom, are often several weeks to several months old, with the focus on them being stability and gameplay polish rather than visuals.
> They have time. The actual current builds of these maps are probably already better than what was shown.

Well, then that’s great news! The game is
already looking excellent graphically!

It’s a small thing, but if games from eight years ago can do something that games today won’t, that’s just sad.

I hope they also brought back a working Warthog dashboard. That really bothered me in H4. Now I’m just being nitpicky lol. Also did anyone see the new scorpion tank? It actually looks like its armored up

> 2533274847657643;12:
> > 2533274835229788;11:
> > It’d be even cooler if the footprints never disappeared, and by the end of the game there would be tracks all over the place.
>
>
> Now that would be legit, before and after map effects would be awesome.

Think about if blown up vehicle parts didn’t disappear… Good luck driving through those areas

> 2533275007059966;17:
> > 2533274847657643;12:
> > > 2533274835229788;11:
> > > It’d be even cooler if the footprints never disappeared, and by the end of the game there would be tracks all over the place.
> >
> >
> > Now that would be legit, before and after map effects would be awesome.
>
>
> Think about if blown up vehicle parts didn’t disappear… Good luck driving through those areas

Hahaha especially in warzone