Football in Halo 4?

So we have seen in gameplay of Halo 4 that it is now possible to throw the ball/bomb to your teammates over a long distance. I was thinking maybe there could be a gametype (football) in Halo 4 where you pass the ball/bomb to your teammates and they have to run into the objective of their opponents side and they would be awarded 6/7 points (7 for no field goals).

There could be an offense consisting of 2-3 wide recievers with swords, 3-4 offensive line with hammers, and a quarter back with the ball/bomb.

The defense would have 2-3 linebackers with swords, 3-4 defensive line with hammers, and 1-2 safetys with swords.

Of course there would have to be additional rules added that I have not thought of yet. These are just the basics I thought of. What are your thoughts on this gametype? Any rules you want to add?

It sounds a lot like a modified version of Grifball to be honest. It might just have to be a custom game/ home rules sort of thing.

ya but how would you do downs and the stops between plays, it would be more like some sort of rugby… I think it would be cool to play basketball with these new possiblities

> ya but how would you do downs and the stops between plays, it would be more like some sort of rugby… I think it would be cool to play basketball with these new possiblities

Actually yeah, basketball would probably work a lot better. But football would probably be a game where you make the rules in your party and decide when to turn the ball over, things like that. It could still work out.

Well, you could just let the offense have like a 45 second period to score a touchdown.

> Well, you could just let the offense have like a 45 second period to score a touchdown.

That would be cool, and then do like 8 rounds or something so it will be like you are on offense twice each quarter.

When i saw the ball thrown for the first time in the clip, i said we now have arcademaddenspartanfootball.

its going to be awesome!

I’ve already got a map designed after Bryant Denny Stadium and the gametype designed aswell.