focus rifle

I just saw a trailer and was disapointed with the fact that focus rifle is not back
unsc has 5 precision weapons, covenant has only 2.
for me personally focus rifle never felt like the replacement to a beam rifle it felt like a more powerful version of a sentinel beam. the weapon has its own advantages and would definitely not conflict with the beam rifle in halo 4.

If the Campaign is going to have Snipers I’m probably going to hate it.

> If the Campaign is going to have Snipers I’m probably going to hate it.

Always so negative.

OP - Im personally glad the focus rifle isn’t returning. It never felt like a real sniper. Beam Rifle is much better…

> > If the Campaign is going to have Snipers I’m probably going to hate it.
>
> Always so negative.
>
> OP - Im personally glad the focus rifle isn’t returning. It never felt like a real sniper. Beam Rifle is much better…

I’m not being negative. Some of my most hated parts in Halo were the Jackal Snipers in Halo 2. They were less of an issue in Halo 3 but still annoying and in ODST they were probably more balanced (mainly because you can sneak up on them and shoot them). Snipers in Reach worked a whole lot better, mainly suppressing you rather then outright killing you.

> > If the Campaign is going to have Snipers I’m probably going to hate it.
>
> Always so negative.
>
> OP - Im personally glad the focus rifle isn’t returning. It never felt like a real sniper. Beam Rifle is much better…

They could’ve kept it not as a precision weapon nor sniper weapon, but as a contender to the SAW!!

I mean the focus rifle was a like an assault rifle on steroids in CQC.

> I just saw a trailer and was disapointed with the fact that focus rifle is not back
> unsc has 5 precision weapons, covenant has only 2.
> for me personally focus rifle never felt like the replacement to a beam rifle it felt like a more powerful version of a sentinel beam. the weapon has its own advantages and would definitely not conflict with the beam rifle in halo 4.

I think 343 sees it more as 5 human precision weapons to 4 alien ones (promethean light rifle and binary rifle). Despite halo often having multiple factions, this is the first time its arsenaul is really divided 3 ways (elite/brute divide maybe, but they shared alot of the same guns too).

That said, I always dug the focus rifle over beam rifle, just seems so much more covenant. Jackal Snipers on legendary became less obscene too.

we have too many precision weapons as it is IMO

5?

The UNSC has the BR, DMR, and Sniper. How does that make 5?

Anyway, I don’t have a problem with it. Though I would rather have had the Focus Rifle over the Beam Rifle.

> > > If the Campaign is going to have Snipers I’m probably going to hate it.
> >
> > Always so negative.
> >
> > OP - Im personally glad the focus rifle isn’t returning. It never felt like a real sniper. Beam Rifle is much better…
>
> They could’ve kept it not as a precision weapon nor sniper weapon, but as a contender to the SAW!!
>
> I mean the focus rifle was a like an assault rifle on steroids in CQC.

The SAW has a Covenant equivalent in Halo 4. The Needler.

I kind of wish the Brute Shot was back, not to replace the Concussion Rifle like the Halo 3 version would, I mean to be another small explosive weapon as the Halo 2 version.

Then the Covies would have the CR and BS to match the Sticky Detonator and the Railgun.

I’m sad that any variety of the Sentinel Beam is not returning. But the Beam Rifle deserves to Be in the Covie class MUCH more than the Focus Rifle.

Maybe there will be Sentinel Beams that you can pick up in Campaign like in Halo 2 :slight_smile:

> I’m sad that any variety of the Sentinel Beam is not returning. But the Beam Rifle deserves to Be in the Covie class MUCH more than the Focus Rifle.
>
> Maybe there will be Sentinel Beams that you can pick up in Campaign like in Halo 2 :slight_smile:

Halo 2 had Sentinel Beams on the maps Backwash and Desolation in multiplayer.

Also, Sentinels are in Halo 4. So the Sentinel Beam may still be in as well.