Focus Rifle...

How often do you use it?

Also, when do you use it?

Never.
That thing is horrible, it doesn’t have a good feel.

I use it just to screw around with it. It has a big learning curve that really isn’t worth it. I wish Reach had the Beam Rifle, but I guess it took 1sk’s out of campaign.

Only on Invasion Spire. If used correctly it can be useful at slowly the Spartans from getting away with the core.

One the the most underrated weapons ever. IMO the beam rifle has always been superfluous because of the sniper rifle. The focus rifle is an awesome long range suppression weapon.

> One the the most underrated weapons ever. IMO the beam rifle has always been superfluous because of the sniper rifle. The focus rifle is an awesome long range suppression weapon.

Exactly.i use it more as an assist weapon. It’s very good at pestering enemy snipers.and when you light up the enemy sniper with it it is also a visual aid telling your team where the enemy is… Then your team has both a focus and sniper. Yay!

Very rarely. Probably the only time I do use it is on Asphalt when riding shotgun in the revenant with a friend. The aim assist gets too eager when you do that!

I LOVE IT, IT’S MY FAVOURITE WEAPON FOR CLOSE COMBAT(MEDIUM RANGE) AND SNIPING, BUT i NEVER GET TO USE IT.

Its one of my preferred long range weapons…

Loved the Focus Rifle, I miss it.

I was never very good with it, so I guess it is one of my least favorite weapons honestly. But I’ll admit it’s deadly if used correctly.

It, I will admit, is very good at P.O’ing enemies.
Outside of that, a sniper scope on a particle beam weapon that takes a while to kill isn’t overly great, especially since the cooldown occurs before the target is killed.
It took about three cooldowns to kill an elite in campaign, and he was in a shade turret. The only reason I picked it up (it was Tip of the Spear) was because the needle rifle I picked up was going to run out quickly and so was the DMR I started out with.

> It, I will admit, is very good at P.O’ing enemies.
> Outside of that, a sniper scope on a particle beam weapon that takes a while to kill isn’t overly great, especially since the cooldown occurs before the target is killed.
> It took about three cooldowns to kill an elite in campaign, and he was in a shade turret. The only reason I picked it up (it was Tip of the Spear) was because the needle rifle I picked up was going to run out quickly and so was the DMR I started out with.

In campaign use it only to strip shields then one DMR or needle to the dome… Saves ammo

use the thing to mess with players… and piss off banshees…

I think it’s great for disorienting opponents. Very useful for singling out lone players in team battles, and confusing people in free for all.

Pick up every time I see it. I’m around #35 for overall focus rifle kills on Halotracker, just to show how much I use it.

> Pick up every time I see it. I’m around #35 for overall focus rifle kills on Halotracker, just to show how much I use it.

Sweet

I love it.
Very good at flipping vehicles.
And that pure energy beam is just so…old school.
<3

> I love it.
> Very good at flipping vehicles.
> And that pure energy beam is just so…old school.
> <3

Doesn’t the give-everything-a-concussion rifle take care of that?

> I use it just to screw around with it. It has a big learning curve that really isn’t worth it. I wish Reach had the Beam Rifle, but I guess it took 1sk’s out of campaign.

Being that this is Halo Reach, it must have been a prototype…then the covenant decided to make their own sniper rifle