Focus Rifle or Sniper Rifle on Hemorrhage?

Personally, I like Hemorrhage because it is the only map that has true vehicular combat since we get a variety of vehicles to wreak havoc with. However, the vehicles, and this should really be known by now, have the resilience of cardboard. Almost any weapon can take them out now, but the sniper seems to be the worst out of them all.

On a field that is as open as Hemorrhage, the vehicles are too vulnerable and do not have any sort of protection in any manner unless they hide behind red or blue base.

Now for the infantry, the sniper wouldn’t have been a huge issue if the map was the same size as the original Blood Gulch, but since it isn’t, the infantry are usually screwed over and have to resort to hugging the canyon walls, but even then, it is no problem to snipe them whatsoever, especially since there are little to no spots to use as cover.

We can all also agree that since Red Team gets more cover and has height advantage, this leads to the fact that Blue Team can only go through one maybe two places without being noticed.

-The Cave
-The rocks by the teleporter.

It’s horrible and no one can progress without taking an excessive amount of damage whether it be to the vehicle or to their own character or even worse, dying.

So to change this, maybe the Sniper can be replaced with the Focus Rifle, therefore not only making it a bit more balanced for both teams, but lowering the amount of betrayals that would usually occur when the sniper is on the map.

These are just my thoughts on the matter. Feel free to discuss. ^^

>

instead of switching the iconic human sniper (for blood gulch) they should just ADD MORE COVER.

as it is right now, walking on foot is barely even viable. you are much better off if you are in a vehicle, or have the sniper. if you dont use a vehicle or the sniper, you are basically doomed to transverse the longest roundabout path so that the sniper cant just shoot you from a million miles away.

the map literally needs 10x more cover. if it had 10x more cover, it would be more playable for infantry-type guys who like to just run around and shoot things. honestly i dont really like driving vehicles around. this means that if i dont get the sniper, the map just feels like a snorefest for me.

They’d either have to replace the map or have another duplicate, but personally, I don’t think we need another forge map added to the list for the moment. That’s why I’m more in favor of the Focus Rifle on that map, since it would not only discourage campers, but kind of make the map a bit more balanced and possibly flow better, thus making it a bit easier on both infantry and vehicles.

Bungie designs maps for intentional gameplay. If you find a map plays a certain way, and only that way, then that is probably how it was designed. If a map is very flexible for gameplay reasons, then that is how it was designed.

Hemorrhage is suppose to be wide-open, very little cover, very little obstacles and either vehicle or powerweapon heavy. But that is why the tank is OPed. It’s a rocket-sniper.

Forge is meant to allow you to tweak it to how you want.

I’ve played some great Hemorrhage Forged maps that do indeed create a different gameplay feel to the map. (what’s their names again, anyone?)

Well my opinion is Sniper>Everything at the moment.

Normally I would be like: Oh no a Sniper, how do I counter that counter snipe oh no our snipe is gone he hides when I get his shields down with a DMR, I know vehicles! oh wait sniper 5 shots vehicles.(that’s without there whole team DMRing you). Options are rush with Wraith(risking losing it) or let him get as many kills as he can till his ammo runs out.

I hope in the Title update they nerf snipers power over vehicles. (I HATE HIDING FROM A SNIPER IN VEHICLES!)

It should be Vehicles>Sniper, Sniper>Infantry, Infantry w/HeavyWeapons>Vehicles
Not- - - - - - Sniper>Vehicles, Sniper>Infantry, Sniper>Infantry w/HeavyWeapons.

Remember Snipers can still snipe the actual people out of vehicles.

I’ve only ever come across a few players who really know how to Wraith-pilot on Hemorrhage. You’ve got to know where to aim to land your shots in specific locations AND know how to double-down an area, all from your base to maybe a third of the way forward (don’t go halfway if they have full vehicles or a Sniper up).

To double down, you fire your first shot on a high arc. Then once the turret has cooled, lower your arc and give a burst of speed with a follow up shot. You can choose to place them on top of each other (great for base clearing) or you can spread them out just slightly to give a carpet bomb effect.

Of course knowing the speed and paths of the vehicles helps a lot too. That’s something that comes only with time in game. Learning where to aim to land your mortar shots is something that can be practiced in customs.

> Bungie designs maps for intentional gameplay. If you find a map plays a certain way, and only that way, then that is probably how it was designed. If a map is very flexible for gameplay reasons, then that is how it was designed.
>
> Hemorrhage is suppose to be wide-open, very little cover, very little obstacles and either vehicle or powerweapon heavy. But that is why the tank is OPed. It’s a rocket-sniper.
>
> Forge is meant to allow you to tweak it to how you want.
>
> I’ve played some great Hemorrhage Forged maps that do indeed create a different gameplay feel to the map. (what’s their names again, anyone?)

This is a map designed for Halo: CE which has been remade in Halo: Reach.

The design Idea in Halo CE was intentional in Halo: Reach it wasn’t it’s just a remake of a popular map with Halo: Reach’s multiplayer slapped on its -Yoink-.

That’s the charm of Blood Gulch but why I prefer other maps, it is just a minimal wide-open field. It wasn’t designed for gameplay specifically beyond to be wide and open. It’s a minimalist map.

The health of vehicles are fine its just the fact that people dont understand how to drive if you have a good driver and a gunner that understands what to shoot at you will be fine in and vehicle

The sniper+TU for vehicles=Blood Gulch/Coag FUN!