Focus rifle or beam rifle

I personally preferred the focus rifle over the beam rifle because it wasn’t just some sniper reskin. But there is also the possibility that they could co exist like the DMR and BR.Or it could be neither. Please vote or discuss.

I prefer the Beam Rifle.

The beam rifle is a better sniping weapon, but I also loved the focus rifle. I would love to see both return in Halo 4 and/or beyond

I hated the Focus Rifle! I found it useless in Reach, I prefer the Beam Rifle, quick shots.

I hope 343 sees this.

Focus Rifle is the worst weapon in Halo history. (probably has something to do with the fact that I’m bad with it.)

Beam Rifle is the best weapon in Halo history. (probably has something to do with the fact that I’m good with it.)

For sniping, the beam rifle is the ideal choice of the two, but for pinning down enemies, the focus rifle is the ideal choice. So why not both?

Beam Rifle and Sentinel Rifle.

> I personally preferred the focus rifle over the beam rifle because it wasn’t just some sniper reskin. But there is also the possibility that they could co exist like the DMR and BR.Or it could be neither. Please vote or discuss.

isnt another sniper reskin, it worked very different from the human sniper rifle.

I can see why you would want both. Now that I think of it I used them both very differently.

> isnt another sniper reskin, it worked very different from the human sniper rifle.

^true

I liked the Particle Beam Rifle because it made a good secondary in Team Snipers. Also, the Focus Rifle is, for the most part, annoying and useless.

The Focus Rifle is just a fun weapon for Custom games and for people that just want to incinerate other players with a massive beam… But quite frankly: It is useless for competitive multiplayer. It has it’s uses, but it has it’s cons. It’s just fun. However, I don’t think plotting the Beam Rifle and the Sentinel Rifle as 1 weapon would be a great mix.

I prefer the beam rifle for sniping. I mainly used the focus rifle for close range to blind people. I still somehow in the top 50 for focus rifle kills on Halotracker.

I’ve always been interested in how it would work if they made the Focus Rifle overheat much faster but also made it headshot capable when the opponent has no shields…

Personally I’d love both to return but one of them to be reskinned as a Forerunner sniper weapon (probably the Focus Rifle since it is similar to a Sentinel Beam)

EDIT: Heeey, I was in the top 20%? Cool :slight_smile:

BEAM RIFLE?!?! DID SOMEONE SAY BEAM RIFLE?!?! I miss that gun so much. I loved it so much and I don’t even know why. (I made a beam rifle song. the only words were beam rifle.)

I really disliked the focus weapon, it was hardly a sniper, it was mores a long distance laser.

I hated the Beam Rifle. I lets the enemy have enough time to sprint and get behind cover, as with the Beam Rifle you shoot them once in the head and they no longer pose as a threat to you and your team.

Both. But make the Focus Rifle fill the close-medium range automatic weapon role, as opposed to a long range faux Sniper.

The Focus Rifle was not a replacement for the Particle Beam Rifle.

Even though the Focus Rifle is a sniper-variant weapon, it is not an instant death weapon, it is meant for suppressing targets at range. But it’s not like it takes long to kill someone, it’ll take down a fully-shielded Spartan in about 1 and a half seconds.

IMO, I think people hate the weapon because 1) they aren’t good with it, and/or 2) think of it as a replacement for the Beam Rifle when it is not.

The Focus Rifle can wreak havoc in the right hands.

I absolutely prefer the Particle Beam Rifle. It had an awesome look in Halo 2, yet uglier in Halo 3. But it was pretty effective. The Focus Rifle was an annoyance for any player. It made you die longer, haha.

Beam Rifle, definitely. The Focus Rifle is just a bad weapon, I’m not sure if I’ve ever gotten a kill with it in Matchmaking (that might also have something to do with the fact that I almost never use it, since it’s pretty bad).