FloodFection

Imagine this:

32 players. 16 Spartans. 16 Infected Flood Forms.

The Spartans are alone in a massive jungle. Wild and dangerous terrain surrounds and there is almost no hope of escape. The Flood on the other hand have the entire jungle as a playground, they can hide in the shadows and attack with ease.

However the Spartans are well armed, and can use every aspect of the enviorment to their advantage. Also this entire forest is destructible. See a group of Flood in the trees? Chop it down with your Energy Sword, or blast them into oblivion with a Rocket Launcher!

Teamwork and stealth are key to both the Spartan and Flood teams. The Spartans must be vary however, as if a Flood kills a Spartan, that Spartan is now a Flood form himself.

If you had different types of flood forms (e.g. fast forms, strong forms, flying forms) this could be a rip-off of Left 4 Dead…

…which would honestly be absolutely amazing and incredibly fun to play. o_o

This definitely has a lot of potential, I can imagine it being a huge success among fans of the franchise. :slight_smile:

You could also have one player to act as the “Gravemind” who can see where all the players are, and can control the spawns of the flood with an over-head view of the map. Now that would be sick :smiley:

> You could also have one player to act as the “Gravemind” who can see where all the players are, and can control the spawns of the flood with an over-head view of the map. Now that would be sick :smiley:

If this was in Halo 4 it would make it 10x better.

this is a great idea though it would be cool if their were infection forms that the gravemind controls

With each kill as the flood you can gain mutation points which you can use to mutate into something better.

hmm sounds like Beast mode from GoW. but i do admit itd be a cool addition to Halo

I would love it if there was really tall grass as well. That way you would only see the very tops of peoples heads unless they were right in front of you. That would be amazing.

Great idea OP, it takes me back to the suggestions in the old Halo Reach forum back in the day.

> Imagine this:
>
> 32 players. 16 Spartans. 16 Infected Flood Forms.
>
> The Spartans are alone in a massive jungle. Wild and dangerous terrain surrounds and there is almost no hope of escape. The Flood on the other hand have the entire jungle as a playground, they can hide in the shadows and attack with ease.
>
> However the Spartans are well armed, and can use every aspect of the enviorment to their advantage. Also this entire forest is destructible. See a group of Flood in the trees? Chop it down with your Energy Sword, or blast them into oblivion with a Rocket Launcher!
>
> Teamwork and stealth are key to both the Spartan and Flood teams. The Spartans must be vary however, as if a Flood kills a Spartan, that Spartan is now a Flood form himself.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss please!!! This is kinda like MW2 where it had the side missions which were the only good part.

Would actual players control the flood or would they be AI?

The grave mind would be cool as an option in custom games. But I’d rather have a really good map editor so I can make a jungle or something from scratch.