Flood (zombies) should only have PV ability

It seems the current settings for Flood mode allow infected players to choose between Promethean Vision, Thrusters, or Active Camo.

Evade was terrible in Reach infection, and it will be terrible in Halo 4. It makes it far too easy for zombies to slide in and get a kill, and it was more like fighting ninjas than zombies (in reach). It makes even less sense that flood have thruster packs.

Camo will also be horrible. Good luck getting a headshot on a zombie you can’t see. Infected will have no problem sneaking in close at which point it will be too late to fight back.

Though I completely support Promethean Vision. It fits best and is a fair ability for the infected. I would even suggest allowing zombies to have prolonged or infinite Promethean Vision usage.

Remember, remember, the sixth of November
The Halo 4 release and whatnot
I know of no reason that the Gamers season
Should suffer a little, or a lot
Flood mode balance is the issue
The removal of thrusters and camo should ensue
Give infected only Promethean Vision
Humans, the shotgun and boltshot

I hope you agree and I think you’ll find this is best for the Flood mode. What do you think?

I agree but this doesn’t need it’s own thread.

> I agree but this doesn’t need it’s own thread.

I believe it does.

This allows variety and more fariness for the Flood. I like it. Also stops every Human from mini-DMRing you from half way across the map if you have Active Camo.

However, giving Humans Active Camo just slows down gameplay, and should be gotten rid of.

No. This means that the Infection finally have a greater chance, where as in Reach, the Humans just dominated the gametype.

And I agree about Humans and active camo. That will just slow down the game and should be replaced with something else.

Giving them thrusters does not make them immortal

I’m sure there will be different variants of infection.

If you’re able to camp on maps, I don’t want zombies to have any abilities.

> This allows variety and more fariness for the Flood. I like it. Also stops every Human from mini-DMRing you from half way across the map if you have Active Camo.
>
> However, giving Humans Active Camo just slows down gameplay, and should be gotten rid of.

Fairness should be achieved through map design, not giving zombies abilities that make it too easy to kill the humans. With zombies sneaking around with camo and flying in with thrusters, rounds will go as fast as if it’s Reach infection on Zealot.

Trust me when I say people will find this is not good for gameplay in infection.

I think this is a good change as it will hopefully reduce the feeling of being cannon fodder as that is all the zombies were in previous infection modes which really turned me away from the gametype.

Having thrusters and camo will empower the infected a bit and make for much fairer and more enjoyable experience on both sides rather than just for the humans. The infected now have more tools at their disposal hopefully resulting in better chances for survival and more interesting strategies. The humans still have the advantage as they are given two one-shot kill weapons with which to fight the flood.

I just think that these changes result in more interesting and challenging gameplay for both sides.

Giving zombies promethean vision and replacing the humans magnum with the boltshot, along with good infection maps, will balance the gametype perfectly. Anyone who understands how effective thrusters or camo will make zombies should realize it will just make it unbalanced in the zombies favor and be bad for infection gameplay.

> Evade was terrible in Reach infection, and it will be terrible in Halo 4. It makes it far too easy for zombies to slide in and get a kill, and it was more like fighting ninjas than zombies (in reach). It makes even less sense that flood have thruster packs.

Because god forbid that anything be included to stop the one sided shooting fish in a barrel camp fest that Infection has, is, and likely will be.

All agree with you when Humans, and that’s each Human player, stops going double digits in each round of Infection.

> This allows variety and more fariness for the Flood. I like it. Also stops every Human from mini-DMRing you from half way across the map if you have Active Camo.
>
> However, giving Humans Active Camo just slows down gameplay, and should be gotten rid of.

Did you just say no to what you wanted?..

I like the Loadout style for the Infected. Wonder what Human Loadouts are in Infection!

Thruster pack is probably nowhere near as bad as evade. It forces you into third person and can only be used once before recharge. I’d say thats nerfed enough for infection compared to evade.

The humans should have promethean weapons. They were made to fight the flood, right?
Scattershot, and either the Light Rifle (would probably be OP) or the BoltShot.

Yeah I think they should only have PV. Camo COULD be OK, but thruster pack I feel will be annoying, IMO.

I like it. It would make it feel less like hide and seek and more like being hunted. I also hope they make infection-specific forge maps negating any cheap hiding spots where the survivors can just huddle up and headshot anthing that comes into view until they’re finally out of ammo.

> > Evade was terrible in Reach infection, and it will be terrible in Halo 4. It makes it far too easy for zombies to slide in and get a kill, and it was more like fighting ninjas than zombies (in reach). It makes even less sense that flood have thruster packs.
>
> Because god forbid that anything be included to stop the one sided shooting fish in a barrel camp fest that Infection has, is, and likely will be.

The ignorance is almost overwhelming. Balanced infection maps, infected with promethean vision, boltshots instead of magnums, are all ideal improvements to balance the gametype. Superpowered zombies are not.

> <mark>All agree with you when Humans, and that’s each Human player, stops going double digits in each round of Infection.</mark>

I pray infection never becomes what you want it to be.

> Thruster pack is probably nowhere near as bad as evade. It forces you into third person and can only be used once before recharge. I’d say thats nerfed enough for infection compared to evade.

I take it you haven’t seen the Flood mode gameplay yet. Infected flood with thrusters doesn’t make sense and it makes it far too easy to get in close to a player before they have a chance to line up a shot.

> Balanced infection maps, infected with promethean vision, boltshots instead of magnums, are all ideal improvements to balance the gametype. Superpowered zombies are not.

I can tell you right now that Infection right off the bat is going to need major work.

It’ll likely be the same half–Yoinked!- attempt that’s been made in the past in making it a gametype and feature one universal gametype across all of the default maps. The default maps will most likely play horribly for Infection and no amount of visual map clutter (H3 and Reach) will be able to fix the problems.

It’s going to require the Forging communities to create Forge maps and gametype settings specifically for those maps from the ground up.

And once that happens, then I’ll be open to dropping the Superpowered Zombies.

> I pray infection never becomes what you want it to be.

A good, and fun, gametype?