Flood Vs Forerunners fighting Humans!!!

In one of the Halo Anniversary Terminals Guilty Sparks talks about " Those Reclaimer Might just Prefer the Flood without the Librarian here to temper his Rage" So In one of Greg Bears books it talks about Humans Fighting the Flood Before, and While humans were fighting the Flood The Forerunners Were Finishing the fight with the Humans. So What Has happened to the flood they couldn’t just of disappeared, or did the Didact just wait to come out when the flood died down? and wage a war with the humans once again, but he Knew in realization of how bad the flood was and waited until the humans got Thier numbers down and he decided to win the war against humans how they won it before.

1. Humans were Fighting the flood
  2. The Humans Were Dieing there number decreasing making it easy for a quick win
    3.The Humans Got the Flood down in Numbers thus it makes it safer for the forerunners to attack
    4.Forerunners were always more tech… Advanced
    This is how it was won in the past do you think he could try to be doing a repeat?
    Also the Didact probably learned something from the fight before if he were to win the war against the humans for a second time he has to take care of the flood somehow before halo activation 2 happens again!!! Which The Humans will Win Because Chief is the biggest main Character. LOL!!! Common Sense…

I can’t tell you what happend to the didact to make him like he is, because it’s considered leaked content, all i will say is, he’s been a bad bad boy and his mommy and daddy sent him away to naughty school and he can only come home when he finishes his homework.

Mod’s if this is too leaky please just edit it.

If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, died with the Gravemind on High Charity (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.

We will probably be seeing the Flood in 5 or 6. But they won’t be seen in 4

But… wasnt it like this?

1. Human Flood War.
  2. Humans changed Flood DNA and infected some of its own Population with it.
  3. The “Human” Flood and the Original Flood started to fight agains each other.
  4. Because of the fact that Worlds Overrun by the Flood were Inhabitable, they started to Colonize Forerunner Systems
  5. Forerunners did not like this and started a War agains Humanity.

Thus… If humanity stayed on its own System, there would’ve been no war between them.

> If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.

But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.

> > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
>
> But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.

You get the point. Gravemind was killed by the firing of Installation 04-B, I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll see the flood again anytime soon.

> > > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
> >
> > But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.
>
> You get the point. <mark>Gravemind was killed by the firing of Installation 04-B</mark>, I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll see the flood again anytime soon.

How do we know that conclusively?

“Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved</mark>… but you imposed.”

The Flood has been slowed down, but defeated? No.

> > > > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > > > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > > > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
> > >
> > > But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.
> >
> > You get the point. <mark>Gravemind was killed by the firing of Installation 04-B</mark>, I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll see the flood again anytime soon.
>
> How do we know that conclusively?
>
> “Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved</mark>… but you imposed.”
>
> The Flood has been slowed down, but defeated? No.

The Gravemind still existing after his body was destroyed makes it pretty clear that as long as the Flood lives on, so does he.

> > > > > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > > > > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > > > > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
> > > >
> > > > But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.
> > >
> > > You get the point. <mark>Gravemind was killed by the firing of Installation 04-B</mark>, I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll see the flood again anytime soon.
> >
> > How do we know that conclusively?
> >
> > “Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved</mark>… but you imposed.”
> >
> > The Flood has been slowed down, but defeated? No.
>
> The Gravemind still existing after his body was destroyed makes it pretty clear that as long as the Flood lives on, so does he.

The first Halo Array firing didn’t kill him, a local firing surely won’t.

> > > > > > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > > > > > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > > > > > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
> > > > >
> > > > > But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.
> > > >
> > > > You get the point. <mark>Gravemind was killed by the firing of Installation 04-B</mark>, I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll see the flood again anytime soon.
> > >
> > > How do we know that conclusively?
> > >
> > > “Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved</mark>… but you imposed.”
> > >
> > > The Flood has been slowed down, but defeated? No.
> >
> > The Gravemind still existing after his body was destroyed makes it pretty clear that as long as the Flood lives on, so does he.
>
> The first Halo Array firing didn’t kill him, a local firing surely won’t.

Almost every Forerunner construct we have seen has had Flood on it. As long as they’re still contained everything should be alright for now.

> > > > > > > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > > > > > > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > > > > > > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.
> > > > >
> > > > > You get the point. <mark>Gravemind was killed by the firing of Installation 04-B</mark>, I don’t think there’s any chance we’ll see the flood again anytime soon.
> > > >
> > > > How do we know that conclusively?
> > > >
> > > > “Resignation is my virtue. Like water I ebb and flow. <mark>Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved</mark>… but you imposed.”
> > > >
> > > > The Flood has been slowed down, but defeated? No.
> > >
> > > The Gravemind still existing after his body was destroyed makes it pretty clear that as long as the Flood lives on, so does he.
> >
> > The first Halo Array firing didn’t kill him, a local firing surely won’t.
>
> Almost every Forerunner construct we have seen has had Flood on it. As long as they’re still contained everything should be alright for now.

Which is why I said I don’t think we’ll be dealing with them anytime soon, but didn’t completely rule out the possibility of a Flood comeback. Anyway, I think 343 is trying to convey a larger threat than the Flood (if that’s possible) with this trilogy.

Haha, i dont think there is any threat to the galaxy greater than the flood, with the possible exception of Precursors themselves. Whom may now be flood anyway… Forerunners may be back, but they are not Evil. Even Faber, who was cruel and unlike most other forerunners, still believed in upholding the Mantle, and shouldnt be considered Evil.

Halo 4 may not feature flood, but they will return, worse than ever…

And dont forget Frankie was specific about “Not fighting flood in Halo 4”. Doesnt mean they wont make an appearance. Also, he said Halsey wouldnt be in halo 4 either, which seems to be untrue, so perhaps the same may apply to the flood…

To calm everyone on their theory on where the Flood came from, it was stated in the Forerunner saga books that the Flood came from here’s what Halo Nation and Cryptum and Primoridum books says:

The earliest known instance of the highly infectious viral super cell later known as The Flood form to be encountered came in a fine desiccated powder, contained in cylinders.
Early experiments showed the potential for psychotropic effects in some lower levels but not in humans or San’Shyuum. The primary animals affected were popular pets in human societies: the Pheru, lively and gentle creatures found on Faun Hakkor.
Very small quantities of the powder induced changes in the Pheru that improved their domestic behavior. Soon San’Shyuum adopted the custom of taking Pherus as pets. For centuries humans and San’Shyuum bred and powdered these animals without ill consequences. However the powder soon attached itself to key points in the genes of the Pheru and began to change them, which manifested itself as a peculiar growth found on a third of the powdered Pheru.
A kind of loose, soft fur grew between the shoulders of the pets. Other Pheru were soon found grazing on these companions, consuming their fur-and on occasion even consuming the animals themselves. Pheru were naturally herbivores. This seemed to activate some sort of biological timer, a signal for expansion. Within a very short time, the Pheru were producing far less attractive growths. Flexible striped rods sprouted from their heads, which in turn were also consumed by fellow Pheru, causing abortions and unnatural births.
But this was only the surface of the growing infestation.[5] Eventually the Flood evolved into the form that we know today and fought a war with both the Ancient Human Empire and the San’Shyuum.
The Flood seemingly first entered the galaxy from the Large Magellanic Cloud at the edge of the Milky Way roughly 110,000 years ago, contained in cylinders in unmanned vessels where they were kept as a powder. A considerable amount of time passed between their initial discovery by prehistoric humans and their evolution into their current form. The Flood were eventually able to infect Human worlds, sparking both the Human-Flood war and, as a consequence, the Human-Forerunner war. However, the Humans successfully developed a ‘cure’ for the Flood infection and were able to eradicate it. It would be thousands of years before they were again able to threaten the galaxy.

> > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
>
> But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.

His physical form did. Just like the Proto-Gravemind did in Halo CE. I never said anything about the Flood’s hive mind in all. Which if I’m getting into how the Flood can store past lives within the hive mind, it probably has to do something with the transmitters from Primordium, or something else along those lines. But in another argument I would just like to say: Halo Wars’ Flood.

> > > If it truly is a Didact, then Chief and Cortana wake him. The flood, as we know it, <mark>died with the Gravemind on High Charity</mark> (explained in the Forerunner saga, when a Gravemind dies, all surrounding flood [within an untold distance] die along with it)
> > > When we eventually return to a ring (stop denying it, you know it will happen) chances are high, we will encounter the flood once again.
> > > If we somehow kill that flood, there is still more, somewhere in another galaxy, drifting in unknown space, or in slipspace.
> >
> > But the Gravemind didn’t die on High Charity.
>
> His physical form did. Just like the Proto-Gravemind did in Halo CE. I never said anything about the Flood’s hive mind in all. Which if I’m getting into how the Flood can store past lives within the hive mind, it probably has to do something with the transmitters from Primordium, or something else along those lines. But in another argument I would just like to say: Halo Wars’ Flood.

Okay then, I just assumed you meant the Gravemind in it’s entirety died, body AND mind. Alright then.