Flood should not have shields

Okay, before you destroy me with a barrage of furiously typed words, hear me out. Please.

In Halo Reach’s Living Dead, the tactics to win a game as a survivor were mainly to hide at a inaccessible/hard-to-reach spot. Of course, the way it was meant to be played seems to be something along the lines of holding a defensive line with other survivors and taking down the infected. Okay, let’s say you are the last man standing. You have, what, seven zombies out for your blood? So let’s say you’re doing the proper thing and not hiding at some glitched spot. Seven zombies come running at you, nearest is 10 metres away. How are you going to take them out? A shotgun would be out of the question - even if you could take out one, the others would swarm you quickly. The only way out was to whip out a magnum and headshot most of them, then switch to a shotgun and kill the remaining infected.

This is not the case in Halo 4 Flood mode. Flood(infected) have shields, so a headshot from a Magnum cannot kill them. It takes as many as a full clip to kill one. Ammo constraints. Again, let’s say you’re the last man standing in Flood mode. 9 Flood come running at you. You have absolutely no chance of survival. There is no way at all that you can kill all of them. You’d get swarmed whether you had a magnum or shotgun. This is why Spartans in Flood mode have to resort to cheap, dirty tactics like glitching into a wall or hiding invisibly in some corner for the entire game. It is near impossible for the Spartan side to win, unless they are extremely organised and have a very well defended position.

This is why shields should be removed for Flood. Because there are shields now, Magnums shot at medium range will only weaken them before they close in for a close quarters kill, and the shotgun, too, only kills at very close range thanks to shields. This gives the Flood side a major advantage over the Spartans. Hence Flood forms should not have shields, enabling one-shot headshots like in Reach and balancing the game mode.

I was a little surprised at the inclusion of shields for the Flood, I’ve been the Last Man Standing a couple of times to only be overwhelming swarmed and force to run instead of fight as I know my shotgun cant do it all alone.

TL;DR

But I’ve been saying the shields need to be done away with all along

That dumb bubbling noise is far worse when playing as the flood…

I’m just of the opinion that the last man standing should get an overshield or something to that effect. Just enough to survive at least 1 sword lunge. I mean, elite flood ingame had shields. So it just makes sense to me.

> TL;DR

really a useful post.

> That dumb bubbling noise is far worse when playing as the flood…

hehe, and I thought I was the only one who noticed/disliked it!

The shields aren’t as annoying as the flood teleport anyways

Exactly, in Reach, smart zombies got kills, the zombies who flanked and ambushed humans. The dumb -Yoinks!- who charged over open ground got shot in the face and just served as a distraction.

In Halo 4 any -Yoink- can pwn as the flood because they have ridiculous lunge, that stupid thruster thing, and ruddy shields.

If they removed the thrusters packs they can leave the shields as is. However with thrust and shields more than 2 flood and almost every time the human is doomed.

Hye if the UNSC wnated the flood to be as intimidating as they are, thats what tey half to do. unless you can give a valid expliation.

IMO Alpha Flood should be the only Flood to have shields.

YES! I agree completely.

Having shields as a zombie does make it a little more enjoyable playing as one, but it is now unbalanced in favor of the Zombies.

Reach’s was a little too favorable towards the Spartans to the point of Zombie players giving up that round.
Halo 4 is the opposite end of the spectrum.

I’m hoping 343 can implement some sort of update to the mode, perhaps half shields for Zombies?

totally agree with you on the shields. When you’re the last man standing you have absolutely no chance of survival.

Agree with you! I like Flood but it’s not as fun as Living Dead used to be :frowning:

I agree remove the sheilds, and for anyone that says the flood would die too easily, you’re not playing right. The flood need to attack as a mass not as individuals.

Thrust needs to go, and so does shields. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve been killed from the grave by that crap, and it can break through the hardlight shield on top of it.

> Hye if the UNSC wnated the flood to be as intimidating as they are, thats what tey half to do. unless you can give a valid expliation.

War Games “Simulated battle situation” or whatever it’s called is the stupidest idea!

Please correct me if I’m wrong, and trust me I agree with your argument,

BUT

Isn’t the point of the Flood that they infect and take over their prey as a host, thus inheriting the traits as well? So wouldn’t it be slightly justified that the Flood have shields because they are taking over the spartan in the armor that was shielded to begin with?

I do agree with you though that it is a highly unfair advantage, especially with the thrusters.

> YES! I agree completely.
>
> Having shields as a zombie does make it a little more enjoyable playing as one, but it is now unbalanced in favor of the Zombies.
>
> Reach’s was a little too favorable towards the Spartans to the point of Zombie players giving up that round.
> Halo 4 is the opposite end of the spectrum.
>
> I’m hoping 343 can implement some sort of update to the mode, perhaps half shields for Zombies?

I support this half shields would be the perfect way to balance it out plus you could work it in to cannon by saying the conversion cycle damaged the shield generator, but I like the thrusters.

sure they should, it would make Flood unbalanced and then people would just boost in it, and hide once they are zombies/ flood… oh so you’re one of those people? nvm…