Flood section?

I know that the general discussion is meant for gaming-related topics, but there really isn’t any other place for this. If any of you came here from B.net (I’m assuming that many of you did), you probably remember the Flood: the epitome of all off-topic forums. I’ve seen threads locked on the general discussion forum for not being related to Halo, or gaming in general, so I believe that Waypoint needs a truly off-topic forum.

Back on the Flood, there was a lot of mature (and a even more not-so-mature) discussion about a wide variety of things, from football, to the meaning of life, to the threads where people would dump their random frustrations with their day, as a means to connect and unwind. The Flood had its own atmosphere, and over time, members got to know each other, as well as each others’ views on very broad topics. In short, it was a community within itself. Though I know this will probably be ignored, I’m posting this to ask 343 for a true off-topic forum, both to simply have one for the hell of it, and to connect the site’s community, and possibly establish a separate community within it.

If ANYONE from 343 reads this, thanks for your time.
(and I’d really appreciate it if we had an off-topic forum, for The Flood to be resurrected, thanks)

Every time I go to the Flood, I constantly see trolls, spammers, flamers and the lot, sure there are some mature discussions there, but it has too many of the above.

Yo! is the alternate, Halo Waypoint is exclusively for discussing Halo and Xbox related titles, if you want to discuss off-topic, there are other places online for that.

> Every time I go to the Flood, <mark>I constantly see trolls, spammers, flamers and the lot, sure there are some mature discussions there</mark>, but it has too many of the above.
>
> Yo! is the alternate, Halo Waypoint is exclusively for discussing Halo and Xbox related titles, if you want to discuss off-topic, there are other places online for that.

Yeah, the Flood has descend into hell recently, but before the transfer of the franchise to 343 (maybe about a year ago) was what I believe to be the Flood’s Golden age. There was hardly anything but modest input and calm, constructive discussion.

> > Every time I go to the Flood, <mark>I constantly see trolls, spammers, flamers and the lot, sure there are some mature discussions there</mark>, but it has too many of the above.
> >
> > Yo! is the alternate, Halo Waypoint is exclusively for discussing Halo and Xbox related titles, if you want to discuss off-topic, there are other places online for that.
>
> Yeah, the Flood has descend into hell recently, but before the transfer of the franchise to 343 (maybe about a year ago) was what I believe to be the Flood’s Golden age. There was hardly anything but modest input and calm, constructive discussion.

I’ve just had a distant memory of ‘porch’ on The Flood, it is a pure example of why there shouldn’t be an off-topic section, especially on a Halo/Xbox related website.

> > > Every time I go to the Flood, <mark>I constantly see trolls, spammers, flamers and the lot, sure there are some mature discussions there</mark>, but it has too many of the above.
> > >
> > > Yo! is the alternate, Halo Waypoint is exclusively for discussing Halo and Xbox related titles, if you want to discuss off-topic, there are other places online for that.
> >
> > Yeah, the Flood has descend into hell recently, but before the transfer of the franchise to 343 (maybe about a year ago) was what I believe to be the Flood’s Golden age. There was hardly anything but modest input and calm, constructive discussion.
>
> I’ve just had a distant memory of ‘porch’ on The Flood, it is a pure example of why there shouldn’t be an off-topic section, especially on a Halo/Xbox related website.

I see what you mean, but I’d take the good with the bad. To me, the very atmosphere of the Flood is gone, and though things like you mentioned are inevitable in an off-topic scenario, it beats going back to the desolate, troll-ridden cave that b.net’s Flood has become.

I agree with you OP, the flood were a great place for Halo fans to meet and discuss so much more then Halo, freedom of speech is a good thing. However, 343i and MS makes the rules and they don’t want such “unnecessary” stuff here, these are the official Halo forums and only Halo related stuff should be discussed (that may be discussed, not all Halo material though), no need to “-Yoink!-” the “purity” of these forums with such nonsense.
And it’s working, I bet you’d never seen trolls, haters or profanity in these forums as you would over at “teh flood”. As you can see this is the superior way, as history has proved, with harsh discipline and direct justice you’ll build a better society for tomorrow. A little censoring is never a bad thing please notice the sarcasm

> I agree with you OP, the flood were a great place for Halo fans to meet and discuss so much more then Halo, freedom of speech is a good thing. However, 343i and MS makes the rules and they don’t want such “unnecessary” stuff here, these are the official Halo forums and only Halo related stuff should be discussed (that may be discussed, not all Halo material though), no need to “-Yoink!-” the “purity” of these forums with such nonsense.
> And it’s working, I bet you’d never seen trolls, haters or profanity in these forums as you would over at “teh flood”. As you can see this is the superior way, as history has proved, with harsh discipline and direct justice you’ll build a better society for tomorrow. A little censoring is never a bad thing please notice the sarcasm

I can definitely see why 343 wouldn’t want a forum like the Flood, but the Flood built Bungie’s most avid fans into their own community and, as (I think) you believe, this kind of community interaction and freedom shouldn’t be denied.

Did someone change the title on me?

> Did someone change the title on me?

Mea culpa. I went to move the thread and accidentally merged it with another and then to UN-merge it I needed to make a new thread title for you.

Sorry. :confused: