Flood, Prometheans or ancient humans

So as i was reading this post, i found out a mod locked it because it was old, Not to bash or anything but its till a valid topic which made me think. In the topic
( https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-5-flood-returns/95bc57df-4c6d-4f18-929a-94d5f3ca492b/posts )
people said it would be fun to see the flood fight against prometheans. i for one think thats amazing. What i am even more excited for is humanity finding ancient human archeological sites and cities etc. With maybe even some “living” ancient humans. or at least their tech. wouldnt it be fun to have an ancient human laser rifle to blast away the flood and prometheans and covenant? in the lore they said the forerunners were extinct, which turned out wasnt true( revealed later in the lore when the didact arose). It is known the librarian hid seeds, wouldnt it be possible to see ancient humans that still survived the firing of the halo array ( the flood did as well as the didact, so the possibilities are there).

What do you think?

Update; not sure if i’d post it under general or fiction or gameplay. If a mod thinks it fits better under a different category, by all means tell me or move it.

The flood have a good chance of returning for sure and it would be interesting to see the prometheans fight the flood in the next game.

it would make sense to put them in warzone firefight as well. it is a simulation after all, and the threat still persists. same goes for brutes…

> 2533274913498763;4:
> it would make sense to put them in warzone firefight as well. it is a simulation after all, and the threat still persists. same goes for brutes…

The Brute plasma rifle was seen on the ground in the Warzone Firefight trailer so it makes some sense that the brutes might be back. Some people might be upset if they bring the weapon and not the enemy, but who knows.

The prometheans have a giant advantage over the flood in combat, unless if the new flood gets a serious upgrade.

As for finding ancient human tech, I am not sure that modern (2558) humans can tell the difference between forerunner or ancient human or ancient prophet tech and as such they may just classify it all as forerunner tech.

> 2533274805818439;5:
> > 2533274913498763;4:
> > it would make sense to put them in warzone firefight as well. it is a simulation after all, and the threat still persists. same goes for brutes…
>
>
> The Brute plasma rifle was seen on the ground in the Warzone Firefight trailer so it makes some sense that the brutes might be back. Some people might be upset if they bring the weapon and not the enemy, but who knows.

if they did it would still be lore friendly AND they can rip the models from halo 2 aniversary. Warzone is a simulation after all.

> 2533274909139271;6:
> The prometheans have a giant advantage over the flood in combat, unless if the new flood gets a serious upgrade.
>
> As for finding ancient human tech, I am not sure that modern (2558) humans can tell the difference between forerunner or ancient human or ancient prophet tech and as such they may just classify it all as forerunner tech.

They do know the ancient humans exist as well as they are aware of the human-forunner war.

Pretty sure the flood needs to come back in H6. Best possible storyline is MC learned that Gravemind corrupted Cortana which led to her actions in H5. MC, Locke, Arbiter and FNG form the Super Fire Team and go on a rampage to control Cortana and bring her back from Gravemind control. All the while, fighting Prometheus, Covenant, and flood in a “fight for humanity’s survival one last time” to stop/save Cortana from using the halos.

BOOM!!

> 2533274811771792;9:
> Pretty sure the flood needs to come back in H6. Best possible storyline is MC learned that Gravemind corrupted Cortana which led to her actions in H5. MC, Locke, Arbiter and FNG form the Super Fire Team and go on a rampage to control Cortana and bring her back from Gravemind control. All the while, fighting Prometheus, Covenant, and flood in a “fight for humanity’s survival one last time” to stop/save Cortana from using the halos.
>
> BOOM!!

Imagine that. The warden eternal is fighting the Spartans and all of a sudden, Boom! a ship (spirit of fire) exists slip space and crashes on the surface of a planet, obliterating everything in it’s path. Just like in halo 3. The warden eternal goes to the crash site and sees… drum roll the flood. A little spore crawl towards him and he sees a soldier is tearing apart elites and feasting on them. Enraged, the warden lashes out and a million more come, hes outnumbered but not outmatched. It’s on!, After several millennium, the war continues! It’s 4 factions fighting each other…pure mayhem.

pretty sure the flood won that fight thast why everyone is extinct and as far as the machines go the flood have a virus that converts machines as well. not saying i dont want to se this just not in the actual storyline.

the forunners activated the halo array as a last resort, if the flood returns they might try to do it again, that would align the covenant, the unsc and the flood against the prometheans like in the halo 3 mission where you fight with the flood to stop the prophet. and what would it be an outcome for a yet to be discovered species to make an entrance and rek the prometheans and drive them back. It is confirmed there are other species that did not join the covenant, or even undiscovered species. This scenario does not break any lore that i am aware of so it could be possible.
That the flood will return is highly likely. the rings are known to contain specimens for research. and the legendary ending of h5 shows a new halo ring…