Flood : Needed changes

Now just to let all of you know I have been play flood since
halo 2 customs so i know what im talking about when it comes to infection.

Halo 3 imo had the best infection playlist and i actually was a 46 or 47 in
it.

Alpha Zombies in reach was a step up from regular infection that had evade as
default. Evade was terrible for infection lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Flood Mode : Needed changes

Remove Thruster pack:

• Thruster pack does nothing but makes the zombies have better odds of almost
    certain survival when trying to infect a human. Their lunge with thruster pack
    makes the use of thruster pack unfair.
  • Too much like evade and causes random kills over intended kill and makes
    gameplay boring.

Increase Movement speed (Speed boost):

• If you remove thruster pack then you need to increase their speed almost
    like speed boost online. With them having speed boost it would allow them to
    move quick and still have that very far lunge with their crab arm.
  • Adding speed boost would allow other abilities like PV to be used at a
    faster movement speed instead of being very slow and vulnerable.

Increase Jump Height:

• Increasing a zombies jump height would just help them get to places without
    being dominated by people on complex camping the roof tops. Increase their jump
    height enough for them to jump maybe 2x’s the normal jump height.

Decrease the amount of shots to the head:

• With their increased speed, jump height and their already crazy lunge they
    shouldn’t be so hard to take out. 3 shots to the head is too much and cause you
    as the human to use up ammo quick. two shots to the head would be a lot better
    then 3 but one would also imo be to much just because you can get many kills
    without any effort.

Zombies should require teamwork:

• Zombies since they are unstoppable do not need any teamwork to take down a human. All they have to do is thrust with the thrust pack and lunge. They
    should have to use numbers to kill the humans.

"Last Man standing" needs buffed:

• We all who have played flood know how annoying it is to be the last man
    standing only to be killed within seconds. When you become last man standing you
    need a instant overshield and maybe a damage modifier. The damage modifier
    wouldn’t be needed but would allow the last man standing to actually survive
    longer then 3 seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the changes that flood mode must have for it to be fun, equal and just
entertaining. I have loved infection since halo 2 and i want it to continue to
be equally as good or more. So i hope we see changes like this to make more
people enjoy and try some flood more.

Please comment below if you thing these are good changes or if you have better
ones that you think would make flood mode better. Thanks for reading.

Flood is pretty much fine.

It is a bit of a turn around for the gametype. It used to be a Human kill farm where the worst players out of all of them could pad their stats and quit if they ended up infected first.

Truth is in the new gametype you ARE going to eventually find yourself on the wrong side of a Zombie delivered Shoryuken! attack and there is little you can do aside from seriously camp it out.

The POINT and the ultimate key to winning is to score the most points possible every time your human. Playing a Zombie is all about killing the players with a lot of points quickly to prevent them catching up or passing you. If the guy with 200 points dies early to zombies other players can pass him and steal the win.

It is actually the first semi-competitive version of the gametype. It is FFA in nature, as a human you want to survive but you DON’T want many other people to. The guys with the most points are your competition and having them die fast MAY put you in more danger but it certainly lets you score more points then them that round.

It is better when the zombies are super dangerous and super annoying since their ultimate ROLE is to prevent the humans from scoring too many points.

Flood is NOT a team oriented gametype. It is FFA. You only work with others in a small way, in reality everyone else in a match is trying to steal the win from you.

Edit: After having some extra time to think about your post OP, I’d like to express that almost NONE of your ideas are valuable to making the gametype better. Almost everything you suggest is to just prolong the Human players lifespan, which isn’t the point.

Seriously? You want an Overshield for last man standing because you think he doesn’t get to live long enough? He isn’t SUPPOSED to live. He is literally outnumbered an entire lobby to one guy. The purpose of last man standing isn’t to let that last guy score kills, it is to give the Zombie players a few extra points they can earn in a zombie round as they compete to reach the player and score the kill first. That is why killing the last man actually awards zombies extra points - they don’t have many opportunities to earn any during their zombie round.

It is like you don’t understand how the gametype is supposed to work at its core.

> Remove Thruster pack:
>
> - Thruster pack does nothing but makes the zombies have better odds of almost
> certain survival when trying to infect a human. Their lunge with thruster pack
> makes the use of thruster pack unfair.

Don’t know if this is necessary. I think if some of the other suggestions are taken, Thruster pack can stay.

> Increase Movement speed (Speed boost):
>
> - If you remove thruster pack then you need to increase their speed almost
> like speed boost online. With them having speed boost it would allow them to
> move quick and still have that very far lunge with their crab arm.

I think this should only apply to the Alpha zombies.

> Increase Jump Height:
>
> - Increasing a zombies jump height would just help them get to places without
> being dominated by people on complex camping the roof tops. Increase their jump
> height enough for them to jump maybe 2x’s the normal jump height.

Agreed.

> Decrease the amount of shots to the head:
>
> - With their increased speed, jump height and their already crazy lung they
> shouldn’t be so hard to take out. 3 shots to the head is too much and cause you
> as the human to use up ammo quick. two shots to the head would be a lot better
> then 3 but one would also imo be to much just because you can get many kills
> without any effort.

Agreed. I think another option is to remove the zombie’s shields, but make them immune to headshots. Another option is to only give the Alpha zombie shields.

> Zombies should require teamwork:
>
> - Zombies since they are unstoppable do not need any teamwork to take down a human. All they have to do is thrust with the thrust pack and lung. They
> should have to use numbers to kill the humans.

I guess this depends on what zombies are playing.

> “Last Man standing” needs buffed:
>
> - We all who have played flood know how annoying it is to be the last man
> standing only to be killed within seconds. When you become last man standing you
> need a instant overshield and maybe a damage modifier. The damage modifier
> wouldn’t be needed but would allow the last man standing to actually survive
> longer then 3 seconds.

Agreed.

Also: Zombies should be able to carry different weapons.

OP: Instead of nerfing Zombies, how about you just camp any of the overpowered camp spots on any of the maps?

Remove shields from the flood? How about no?

I DO NOT want a repeat of the kill farm that was Reach.

to Phynixblack

> It is a bit of a turn around for the gametype. It used to be a Human kill farm where the worst players out of all of them could pad their stats and quit if they ended up infected first.

Yes i understand that is what it used to be but now zombies are way too
strong and can take out humans with ease. Zombies were never meant to be
great but in numbers can kill anyone.

> Truth is in the new gametype you ARE going to eventually find yourself on the wrong side of a Zombie delivered Shoryuken! attack and there is little you can do aside from seriously camp it out.

Camping doesnt matter if a zombie gets a lucky thruster pack to dodge you and
then kill you from a ridiculous lunge range.

> The POINT and the ultimate key to winning is to score the most points possible every time your human. Playing a Zombie is all about killing the players with a lot of points quickly to prevent them catching up or passing you. If the guy with 200 points dies early to zombies other players can pass him and steal the win.

This doesnt matter because there are only 1 goal for each side and that is to
kill. Yes you do want to be the top player on the scoreboard but zombies
dont try to go after a specific person to prevent them from getting tons of kills
unless the person is the last man standing.

> It is actually the first semi-competitive version of the gametype. It is FFA in nature, as a human you want to survive but you DON’T want many other people to. The guys with the most points are your competition and having them die fast MAY put you in more danger but it certainly lets you score more points then them that round.

Every zombie game is competitive. You try to do better then everyone in the game
so it is competitive. I do agree with you saying when your a human that you dont want many other humans to survive. That isnt true at all. When you are a human you want tons of people to survive more in this version of zombies then ever before. Zombies are so much harder to kill that you want more people to watch your back.

> It is better when the zombies are super dangerous and super annoying since their ultimate ROLE is to prevent the humans from scoring too many points.
>
> Flood is NOT a team oriented gametype. It is FFA. You only work with others in a small way, in reality everyone else in a match is trying to steal the win from you.

Again, i do not agree. Zombies takes tons of teamwork if you want to get more
kills and survive longer. If you lone wolf it or do not have team work then you will die faster and wont get many kills. It is competitive because you want to do the best but it still takes team work to do the best.

Lol. Zombie Teammwork is usually all of them flinging themselves at them until a human messes up.

I hate Flood now, and everyone else agrees. 343, fix flood.

> OP: Instead of nerfing Zombies, how about you just camp any of the overpowered camp spots on any of the maps?

Camping doesn’t matter when it takes 3 shots to the head to kills a zombie
and when they can thruster pack across the map in 2 seconds.

Also their lunge is ridiculous so camping doesn’t matter and being last man
standing is pointless.

Have you even played flood?

OP doesn’t get the point. The thread is a moot point as a result. This isn’t some cooperative effort and shouldn’t be treated as one. As a Human your only real competition is the OTHER HUMANS. They are the ones able to kill zombies and generate big scores.

Thrust Pack is in the Flood’s abilities because the diving lunge is an INTENTIONAL feature. It is SUPPOSED to let them suicide dive you. When you play as a Flood the whole point is to kill humans before they can score a ton of points. If a Flood does a Shoryuken! maneuver to slam dunk himself into a human and they trade then the Flood has done well. That Human only gets a handful of points. Now, from the humans perspective, the appropriate thing to do is to immediately see to killing anyone who did or might do better then his score when he got dropped. You are running damage control - prevent their lead from becoming too much.

The only real teamwork in the entire game mode comes in two forms.

>Human huddle - Camp together, live together. Focus fire. The guys holding out where you are held out are useful to extend your life and increase the odds of working up a huge streak.

>Flood form - This is the only place real teamwork happens and it is usually an accident. If enough guys pile onto one guy he wont be able to survive long. But this isn’t a matter of organization, it just works this way on its own.

But overall it is all besides the point. Only one player wins. It is a FFA gametype where your biggest threat is anyone playing as a Human. The Zombies are not the most dangerous players since they can’t possibly outscore you while stuck as a zombie.

The jump height increase is also a poor idea. I know you didn’t intend for this, but I think I’ll throw this factoid out there.

When you jump your movement path is MUCH easier to predict. You are at your most vulnerable in a jump, regardless of movement speed (Unless you ramp it up a ton, which is silly.). Increasing jump height for zombie maximizes air time and through that increases their overall vulnerability. It wouldn’t be a positive chance of the Flood players without removing the Magnum to prevent human players from sniping them off from a range while they are stuck in the air.

Just because you played since Halo 2 doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about. From what it sounds like, you should probably go back to Halo 3 and play one hit kill zombies and camp a one entrance room with dual SMGs or a MG Turret.

> Just because you played since Halo 2 doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about. From what it sounds like, you should probably go back to Halo 3 and play one hit kill zombies and camp a one entrance room with dual SMGs or a MG Turret.

Pretty much this.

I actually have a question. In Halo 3, I think I remember that the top 3 players got a win.

Do you get a loss if you aren’t in first place, in this version? Seems kind of lame to me.

The Flood playlist definitely needs some fixing up. Look at the population for persuading. I don’t remember exactly but I know that the Halo 3 Infection playlist always had a very large population. Then look at Halo Reach, it was almost always the 3rd highest population, behind Team Slayer and Big Team Battle. Now look at Flood, it’s usually alongside the lesser popular playlists like CTF, Dominion, and Regicide. Did anyone notice that when Halo 4 first came out Flood was competing with Big Team and Infinity Slayer? Now the public has had a chance to play it and they realize that it’s simply not as fun anymore.

My proposed fixes:

1. Make Head-shots instakill like they used to be
  2. Let flood sprint but not have thruster pack
  3. Make custom forge maps
  4. Make other gametypes (Halo 3 had a wide variety)

The general public want the humans to have a very large advantage. THAT’S HOW IT IS.

If 343 makes these changes I guarantee you the population will explode upward

I have to disagree and that is opinion only. The Flood having shields gives them a fighting chance against headshots and shotguns which makes it so that even campers would have a hard time containing them. The thruster pack is easily counterable if you time it between each use. Granted, I do wish the game allowed the flood users to allow weapons to be wielded.

> Remove shields from the flood? How about no?
>
> I DO NOT want a repeat of the kill farm that was Reach.

What if we take away the magnum and replace it with the boltshot?

> Just because you played since Halo 2 doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about. From what it sounds like, you should probably go back to Halo 3 and play one hit kill zombies and camp a one entrance room with dual SMGs or a MG Turret.

I do know what im talking about. The whole point of zombies is that they are
very weak and humans can kill them easily from far away or up close with their
shotgun.

Zombies are meant to be strong or have a huge fighting chance unless its a different gametype of zombies like creeping death.

I know a lot more about zombies then most noobs that play and go -20.

Every horror movie or game the zombies are intended to be scary and be
extremely vulnerable in the head but in numbers they are deadly.

I have never camped in a room in halo 3 with a turret. Are you sure you not
talking about your gaming experience in zombies?

I’m not making the zombies underpowered in any way but with what i listed
above other abilities would be suited better with speed boost.

The point is flood needs fixed if the infected can lunge crazy then the humans should be able to have a one shot pistol kill to the head

One shot i think might work but at the same time we dont want one person to rack up too many kills while zombies cant kill anyone.

I think a 2 shot kill with the pistol would be perfect because its not too much or too less and would cause the humans to use a lot of the ammo.