Flood mode flood have shields

Was just watching the IGN flood mode video when I noticed this.

Notice the flood he shoots with the pistol has shields which pop after maybe 3 shots.
Personally I think this will have a massively positive effect on flood/infection as there will be no more sitting back with a pistol and just popping headshots from a distance.

What do you guys think?

[deleted]

It’ll make me not hate being infected again. It also promotes team, coordinated fire. If just one person keeps trying to hit them at a distance, they’ll run dry quickly. Team efforts will be needed to conserve that much desired longer-distance ammo.

Small shield I think.

What I want to know is, did you see the end kill? It looked like he thrusted through him and/or used the sword mid thrust but either way he defo got the kill.

Can someone clarify?

Halo 4 looks so good. xD

On topic: Probably to give the infected a bit of a chance.

but the 343i guy said a 1 hit in the head still can take them down

> Small shield I think.
>
> What I want to know is, did you see the end kill? It looked like he thrusted through him and/or used the sword mid thrust but either way he defo got the kill.
>
> Can someone clarify?

It might be a bug?

> but the 343i guy said a 1 hit in the head still can take them down

true enough, guess we’ll have to wait n see.

> Small shield I think.
>
> What I want to know is, did you see the end kill? It looked like he thrusted through him and/or used the sword mid thrust but either way he defo got the kill.
>
> Can someone clarify?

I was about to mention this. From my view he didn’t actually swing - so I think this extended boost (as the 343i employee said) must give it like a pseudo human splattering ability. Pretty neat!

> > Small shield I think.
> >
> > What I want to know is, did you see the end kill? It looked like he thrusted through him and/or used the sword mid thrust but either way he defo got the kill.
> >
> > Can someone clarify?
>
> I was about to mention this. From my view he didn’t actually swing - so I think this extended boost (as the 343i employee said) must give it like a pseudo human splattering ability. Pretty neat!

If that’s what it is im going to ramming people not stop. Muhahaha (evil laugh)

> Was just watching the IGN flood mode video when I noticed this.
>
> Notice the flood he shoots with the pistol has shields which pop after maybe 3 shots.
> Personally I think this will have a massively positive effect on flood/infection as there will be no more sitting back with a pistol and just popping headshots from a distance.
>
> What do you guys think?

It’s a massive improvement over Living Derp. No more will Magnum be sniping unshielded zombies (Flood in this case). The shield is a nice buff to have and gives the infected a chance to go in for the kill without being sniped across the map. Of course it will still happen but not in one shot like in the past.

Plus, 343 just implemented Flood mode just like i envisioned it. Narrowed vision, Flood noises, flood claw reskined as a sword, you look like a Flood etc. You really feel like an infected monster; This increases the immersion factor to ungodly levels.

If it’s true, that the game will keep track of how many times we were zombies/infected and how that would determine if we were zombies/survivors, then i might actually play this gametype now. Before, it was just random, so i hope 343 is not blowing sunshine up our butts in this area.

Not much to say on the Humans. Besides the Magnum not being the thing that makes you go -30 as a zombie, i am really interested in seeing the AAs helping the survivors out. Shotgun is so beast too.

Adrift goes perfect with Flood Mode too. An abandoned UNSC facility in space with Flood onboard? Perfect.

I like the way they sound but I was hoping for something more unnerving AND for the ability to scream/screech at will

you know…to psych players…

> > Was just watching the IGN flood mode video when I noticed this.
> >
> > Notice the flood he shoots with the pistol has shields which pop after maybe 3 shots.
> > Personally I think this will have a massively positive effect on flood/infection as there will be no more sitting back with a pistol and just popping headshots from a distance.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> It’s a massive improvement over Living Derp. No more will Magnum be sniping unshielded zombies (Flood in this case). The shield is a nice buff to have and gives the infected a chance to go in for the kill without being sniped across the map. Of course it will still happen but not in one shot like in the past.
>
>
> Plus, 343 just implemented Flood mode just like i envisioned it. Narrowed vision, Flood noises, flood claw reskined as a sword, you look like a Flood etc. <mark>You really feel like an infected monster; This increases the immersion factor to ungodly levels.</mark>
>
> If it’s true, that the game will keep track of how many times we were zombies/infected and how that would determine if we were zombies/survivors, then i might actually play this gametype now. Before, it was just random, so i hope 343 is not blowing sunshine up our butts in this area.
>
> Not much to say on the Humans. Besides the Magnum not being the thing that makes you go -30 as a zombie, i am really interested in seeing the AAs helping the survivors out. Shotgun is so beast too.
>
> Adrift goes perfect with Flood Mode too. An abandoned UNSC facility in space with Flood onboard? Perfect.

it is still just a game within a game tho

> > Was just watching the IGN flood mode video when I noticed this.
> >
> > Notice the flood he shoots with the pistol has shields which pop after maybe 3 shots.
> > Personally I think this will have a massively positive effect on flood/infection as there will be no more sitting back with a pistol and just popping headshots from a distance.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> It’s a massive improvement over Living Derp. No more will Magnum be sniping unshielded zombies (Flood in this case). The shield is a nice buff to have and gives the infected a chance to go in for the kill without being sniped across the map. Of course it will still happen but not in one shot like in the past.
>
>
> Plus, 343 just implemented Flood mode just like i envisioned it. Narrowed vision, Flood noises, flood claw reskined as a sword, you look like a Flood etc. You really feel like an infected monster; This increases the immersion factor to ungodly levels.
>
> If it’s true, that the game will keep track of how many times we were zombies/infected and how that would determine if we were zombies/survivors, then i might actually play this gametype now. Before, it was just random, so i hope 343 is not blowing sunshine up our butts in this area.
>
> Not much to say on the Humans. Besides the Magnum not being the thing that makes you go -30 as a zombie, i am really interested in seeing the AAs helping the survivors out. Shotgun is so beast too.
>
> Adrift goes perfect with Flood Mode too. An abandoned UNSC facility in space with Flood onboard? Perfect.

Very much agreed critical my thoughts exactly

I hate how they don’t understand what’s so great about Infection.

They’re making it shotgun vs swords… :/. -sigh-.

Headshots still do a lot. He got 3 body shots on the flood.

> I hate how they don’t understand what’s so great about Infection.
>
> They’re making it shotgun vs swords… :/. -sigh-.

Nothing is stopping you from suggesting alternate gamemodes when the game comes out, Zombie Ghosts is in Reach because of this.

> > Was just watching the IGN flood mode video when I noticed this.
> >
> > Notice the flood he shoots with the pistol has shields which pop after maybe 3 shots.
> > Personally I think this will have a massively positive effect on flood/infection as there will be no more sitting back with a pistol and just popping headshots from a distance.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
>
> It’s a massive improvement over Living Derp. No more will Magnum be sniping unshielded zombies (Flood in this case). The shield is a nice buff to have and gives the infected a chance to go in for the kill without being sniped across the map. Of course it will still happen but not in one shot like in the past.
>
>
> Plus, 343 just implemented Flood mode just like i envisioned it. Narrowed vision, Flood noises, flood claw reskined as a sword, you look like a Flood etc. You really feel like an infected monster; This increases the immersion factor to ungodly levels.
>
> If it’s true, that the game will keep track of how many times we were zombies/infected and how that would determine if we were zombies/survivors, then i might actually play this gametype now. Before, it was just random, so i hope 343 is not blowing sunshine up our butts in this area.
>
> Not much to say on the Humans. Besides the Magnum not being the thing that makes you go -30 as a zombie, i am really interested in seeing the AAs helping the survivors out. Shotgun is so beast too.
>
> Adrift goes perfect with Flood Mode too. An abandoned UNSC facility in space with Flood onboard? Perfect.

They did say there is an algorithm that lets players start as flood and human equally.

> > I hate how they don’t understand what’s so great about Infection.
> >
> > They’re making it shotgun vs swords… :/. -sigh-.
>
> Nothing is stopping you from suggesting alternate gamemodes when the game comes out, Zombie Ghosts is in Reach because of this.

Agreed, it’s great to have a dev that actually listens to fans.

It’s better than 1 shot kill but humans run out of ammo too quickly. It should either be 2 shot to kill or ability to pick up ammo from fallen spartans. Preferably both.

Also more than one game variant of Flood would be nice.