Flood Living Dead

I’ve been reading a lot about people wanting the flood in Living Dead. While I think it sounds like a fun idea, I don’t really like it all that much. I never thought of Living Dead as an actual Zombie-type game. I really disliked the Zombie themed maps in Reach, like Spooky Base, which basically consisted of placing a bunch of random barricades everywhere. Halo’s Living Dead is not zombie-like. When I play, my main goal is not to stay alive, but to get kills. In typical zombie games, it’s all about survival. Adding Flood to multiplayer takes away from that.

I don’t see how, seeing as the gameplay mechanics wouldn’t change, just the visuals.
And considering how the gametyp is called “Living Dead”, I’m pretty sure it was meant to be some kind of zombie mode.

I dont think they mean they want flood NPC’s, But in fact to have flood infected spartan models for the infected side.

I want Flood Combat Form player models, aka Infected Spartan player models. Infection is about Zombies trying to overrun and infect Humans. The Flood is “hungry”, so that makes sense. Why use Spartans colored Drab when Zombies are actually already in Halo? If I color myself Drab, and go into Rumble Pit, and into a game of Slayer, am I suddenly a Zombie? Of course not. So why should it be any different in an actual Zombie gametype?

Plus, I can’t possibly see how Infection is multiplayer-canon unless Flood Combat Forms were used. It makes sense. ONI knows about the Flood, and can expect them to return. Now, wouldn’t it make sense to train the best of the best soldiers to be able to fight the Flood much better?

> I want Flood Combat Form player models, aka Infected Spartan player models. Infection is about Zombies trying to overrun and infect Humans. The Flood is “hungry”, so that makes sense. Why use Spartans colored Drab when Zombies are actually already in Halo.
>
> Plus, I can’t possibly see how Infection is multiplayer-canon unless Flood Combat Forms were used. It makes sense. ONI knows about the Flood, and can expect them to return. Now, wouldn’t it make sense to train the best of the best soldiers to be able to fight the Flood much better?

Little off topic, you would think the fact the flood landed on earth once, every human would know that it exists.

I’ve always thought of the Flood as a monstrous parasite that must be contained and eliminated over a zombie. I’d love to see a Flood Infection mode. It doesn’t need to be zombie themed, in fact, I prefer if the goal is to stay alive as long as possible while being vulnerable to attack. Seeing barricades is just upsetting because its obviously trying to mimic a zombie feel, I don’t want to play like that.

When you fight the flood in campaign what do you think of them? I’d like to think of them as the same either way only in MM they’d be players.

> I want Flood Combat Form player models, aka Infected Spartan player models. Infection is about Zombies trying to overrun and infect Humans. The Flood is “hungry”, so that makes sense. Why use Spartans colored Drab when Zombies are actually already in Halo? If I color myself Drab, and go into Rumble Pit, and into a game of Slayer, am I suddenly a Zombie? Of course not. So why should it be any different in an actual Zombie gametype?
>
> Plus, I can’t possibly see how Infection is multiplayer-canon unless Flood Combat Forms were used. It makes sense. ONI knows about the Flood, and can expect them to return. Now, wouldn’t it make sense to train the best of the best soldiers to be able to fight the Flood much better?

That’s exactly it, if multiplayer is supposed to be cannon why would you have a training simulator of Spartans with swords and Spartans with guns? What are they training for? Now humanity has seen the flood and the threat it introduces. So why wouldn’t they train their soldiers for another possible encounter in a simulation as realistic to a true flood encounter as possible?

Halo Reach Living Dead Maps look like some 10 year threw some random items around,Now Halo 3 Infection maps were the best maps because you could tell that they took time to make the maps “like Haunted House” look very good.
Hopefully 343 has something in store for us for every game type.

I agree. Flood Infected are completely unnecessary. A nice custom option, perhaps, but that’s it.

> > I want Flood Combat Form player models, aka Infected Spartan player models. Infection is about Zombies trying to overrun and infect Humans. The Flood is “hungry”, so that makes sense. Why use Spartans colored Drab when Zombies are actually already in Halo? If I color myself Drab, and go into Rumble Pit, and into a game of Slayer, am I suddenly a Zombie? Of course not. So why should it be any different in an actual Zombie gametype?
> >
> > Plus, I can’t possibly see how Infection is multiplayer-canon unless Flood Combat Forms were used. It makes sense. ONI knows about the Flood, and can expect them to return. Now, wouldn’t it make sense to train the best of the best soldiers to be able to fight the Flood much better?
>
> That’s exactly it, if multiplayer is supposed to be cannon why would you have a training simulator of Spartans with swords and Spartans with guns? What are they training for? Now humanity has seen the flood and the threat it introduces. So why wouldn’t they train their soldiers for another possible encounter in a simulation as realistic to a true flood encounter as possible?

The same reason they play Grifball? For fun.

If they won’t allow Sangheili players due to canon, then there is no chance they’ll allow Flood-infected Spartans, as Spartans can’t be infected by the Flood due to their genetic modifications.

> > I want Flood Combat Form player models, aka Infected Spartan player models. Infection is about Zombies trying to overrun and infect Humans. The Flood is “hungry”, so that makes sense. Why use Spartans colored Drab when Zombies are actually already in Halo.
> >
> > Plus, I can’t possibly see how Infection is multiplayer-canon unless Flood Combat Forms were used. It makes sense. ONI knows about the Flood, and can expect them to return. Now, wouldn’t it make sense to train the best of the best soldiers to be able to fight the Flood much better?
>
> Little off topic, you would think the fact the flood landed on earth once, every human would know that it exists.

I was using ONI because ONI has the Spartan IV’s training.

> If they won’t allow Sangheili players due to canon, then there is no chance they’ll allow Flood-infected Spartans, as Spartans can’t be infected by the Flood due to their genetic modifications.

Master Chief 117 would like to have a word with you, good sir.

Master Chief was almost infected in the book The Flood. The reason you think Spartans can’t get infected is because Johnson is immune because he was also a Spartan. However, Johnson was exposed to high doses of radiation when he became a Spartan I, which messed with his genetics (aka Boren’s Syndrome). Master Chief (or any other Spartan II) never got Boren’s Syndrome. So, actually, yes, Master Chief, Spartan II’s, Spartan III’s, and Spartan IV’s can get infected still (unless they have Boren’s Syndrome).