Flood incredibly broken

Hey, last night i was on flood, and the matchmaking dropped me into a game in progress. When the game started, for some reason i had an assault rifle instead of the normal shotgun, and no armor ability.
I saw an enemy below, but when i went to find him, it was another spartan. HE started shooting, and we killed each other a few times. It didn’t give me any points for killing him, but it didn’t give a betrayal either. Upon dying, i would just respawn, instead of converting to the flood.
There were flood in the game, but they could not convert anyone.
The next round was completely normal. Any ideas what the heck happened?

Thats called lag. You must be new here.

> Thats called lag. You must be new here.

How is that lag?I would like to know,as this has happened to me.

While i admit my internet is slow as hell, i don’t see how lag can somehow make flood into slayer with 3 flood players.

This is caused by JOIN IN PROGRESS. JIP was broken like this in reach, placing the player on the THIRD team. But in reach in wasn’t in MM.

It’s not lag. It’s a common glitch which I have encountered several times and it’s been mentioned on here several times and it occurs due to the JIP I think.

Hopefully 343 have it on their to-do list of fixes becasue it’s annoying. Also, sometimes people who JIP appear as red dot enemies even when they’re not infected. If you kill them it’s a betrayal.

Yeah this has happened to me too, it was really weird.

Actually it’s not lag, it’s called “Join-in-progress messing up the gametype”.

> > Thats called lag. You must be new here.
>
> Actually it’s not lag, it’s called “Join-in-progress messing up the gametype”.

I was messing around in costum game options and i saw there where 5 loadout the first 3 ofcouce with shotgun and AA and the last 2 with asault rifle maybe this is the problem?