Flood in halo 5?

I know alot of halo players don’t like the flood, but do you think that it is possible that they may apear in halo 5? I hope they do. Thanks.

I hope they do as well.

If 343 is bringing the Precursors into the mix (as Cryptum and Primordium seem to hint), then we’ll probably see the Flood too. And it will probably be a different, more advanced form of the Flood than we’ve been privy to so far.

I don’t want to see Flood as they were. The old Flood was just an outbreak left over from the old War. I want to see something evolved and far far more deadly and interesting. I hope whatever the Precursors had in store for us is fun to shoot.

I hope the Flood return. It would make sense.

Since the Librarian stated that the Didact’s plan was to compose all of humanity in order to fight “the greatest enemy the Forerunners have ever faced” it’s safe to assume we’ll see Flood, or some other baddie the Precursors cooked up, in Halo 5.

New forms we saw from Halo 3 and Halo Wars are proofs that we have yet to see their full potential like in the ancient war. I think 343i could use little hands from Dead Space developers and even Epic as they did pretty good job on Lambents imo.

> Since the Librarian stated that the Didact’s plan was to compose all of humanity in order to fight “the greatest enemy the Forerunners have ever faced” it’s safe to assume we’ll see Flood, or some other baddie the Precursors cooked up, in Halo 5.

The greatest enemy the Forerunners ever faced was Humanity.

The Flood could come back but 343i has brought in so many new things that I doubt they will want to go back. A new version of the Flood is possible but I would count on 343i choosing Precursors or Insurrectionists.

> > Since the Librarian stated that the Didact’s plan was to compose all of humanity in order to fight “the greatest enemy the Forerunners have ever faced” it’s safe to assume we’ll see Flood, or some other baddie the Precursors cooked up, in Halo 5.
>
> The greatest enemy the Forerunners ever faced was Humanity.
>
> The Flood could come back but 343i has brought in so many new things that I doubt they will want to go back. A new version of the Flood is possible but I would count on 343i choosing Precursors or Insurrectionists.

Humanity did not force Forerunner to commit galactic genocide. Flood did.

Did you not play the campaign?

The Librarian says it in her cut scene.

Right around the 4:30 to 4:35 mark. The composer was created to contain the Forerunners greatest enemy.

Don’t get me wrong the Flood caused a lot of problems. However if Humanity and the Forerunner didn’t square off and actually worked together then the Flood would have been no issue.

Why they fought instead of joining forces is ridiculous. The Covenant and Humanity set aside differences to fight the Flood. Big surprise they won, too.

> Did you not play the campaign?
>
> The Librarian says it in her cut scene.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Nb6IZ3InE
>
> Right around the 4:30 to 4:35 mark. The composer was created to contain the Forerunners greatest enemy.
>
> Don’t get me wrong the Flood caused a lot of problems. However if Humanity and the Forerunner didn’t square off and actually worked together then the Flood would have been no issue.
>
> Why they fought instead of joining forces is ridiculous. The Covenant and Humanity set aside differences to fight the Flood. Big surprise they won, too.

I thought it was meant more to preserve themselves and create better army against Flood. At least, that’s what the terminals say. I mean its initial purpose. I don’t think eliminating the humanity is Composer’s main purpose.

And defeating Flood in Halo 3 was more than just Human+Elite alliance. It was careful planning of Cortana and luck on Ark. Coincidence that Ark was rebuilding installation 04.

I understand what you are trying to say. Precursor could manipulate some violent humans from ONI, showing awful side of humanity aka ancient humans. I don’t know how ONI and Flood will come into play.

It’s been 5 years since we’ve fought the Flood, and, assuming they don’t arrive in Spartan Ops, it’ll be 8 years by the time Halo 5 comes out. I miss them. The people that hated them have had their time away from them. It’s time people that like them got them back.

They have been absent from the last two games, H4 and Reach (three if you include ODST). I despise them but interestingly enough at this point I wouldn’t mind their return.

At this point in the lore though the Flood are nothing but a nuisance. The Prometheans in Requiem cannot be infected and would completely destroy the flood and by the time Halo 5 comes aroung the UNSC will have thousands of Spartan IV’s at their disposal. I don’t think the Flood can be a powerful enemy like they were in Halo 1-3 anymore, Humanity is too powerful now.

> At this point in the lore though the Flood are nothing but a nuisance. The Prometheans in Requiem cannot be infected and would completely destroy the flood and by the time Halo 5 comes aroung the UNSC will have thousands of Spartan IV’s at their disposal. I don’t think the Flood can be a powerful enemy like they were in Halo 1-3 anymore, Humanity is too powerful now.

The Forerunners were too powerful too, they, even in their weakened state, were a lot more powerful than the UNSC is now. The Flood simply adapt and still destroy you. The Flood would probably just go and infect other reclusive human planets and become powerful enough to provide a match with the rest of the UNSC, then they would infect, steal technology, and it all would be downhill from there.

There is a reason why the Flood are the ultimate enemy.

And the Prometheans on Requiem are hardly enough to stop a large Flood outbreak. They would indeed trump the Flood on the ground but in space combat they would die.

> > At this point in the lore though the Flood are nothing but a nuisance. The Prometheans in Requiem cannot be infected and would completely destroy the flood and by the time Halo 5 comes aroung the UNSC will have thousands of Spartan IV’s at their disposal. I don’t think the Flood can be a powerful enemy like they were in Halo 1-3 anymore, Humanity is too powerful now.
>
> The Forerunners were too powerful too, they, even in their weakened state, were a lot more powerful than the UNSC is now. The Flood simply adapt and still destroy you. The Flood would probably just go and infect other reclusive human planets and become powerful enough to provide a match with the rest of the UNSC, then they would infect, steal technology, and it all would be downhill from there.
>
> There is a reason why the Flood are the ultimate enemy.
>
> And the Prometheans on Requiem are hardly enough to stop a large Flood outbreak. They would indeed trump the Flood on the ground but in space combat they would die.

The Forerunners did indeed go extinct because of the Flood but only because the Forerunners had just finished their war with the Humans and were totally exposed. In addition the ancient humans had found a cure against the flood but decided not to tell the Forerunners in an act of revenge for devolving them to primitives. If the Forerunners and ancient Humans were able to look beyond their differences and work together, the flood threat would not be a threat at all.

> > At this point in the lore though the Flood are nothing but a nuisance. The Prometheans in Requiem cannot be infected and would completely destroy the flood and by the time Halo 5 comes aroung the UNSC will have thousands of Spartan IV’s at their disposal. I don’t think the Flood can be a powerful enemy like they were in Halo 1-3 anymore, Humanity is too powerful now.
>
> The Forerunners were too powerful too, they, even in their weakened state, were a lot more powerful than the UNSC is now. The Flood simply adapt and still destroy you. The Flood would probably just go and infect other reclusive human planets and become powerful enough to provide a match with the rest of the UNSC, then they would infect, steal technology, and it all would be downhill from there.
>
> There is a reason why the Flood are the ultimate enemy.
>
> And the Prometheans on Requiem are hardly enough to stop a large Flood outbreak. They would indeed trump the Flood on the ground but in space combat they would die.

And the humans got the title of Reclaimer by discovering their weakness: “Fighting fire with fire” something the forerunners would never tough about.

If the flood were to return then so would the precursors in the books they were in co-existence, theres more behind the story then we know, precursors made the species of the galaxies and decided when a species should be terminated or advanced so came to be the flood to do the job of eradicating the species for the precursors while harvesting the knowledge and technology.

But so say the forerunners eradicated the precursors but if not the creators of the galaxy would they not have thought about them being targeted and so at least stored some form of themselves or at least hidden away outside of the halo universe, just like the forerunners did after they fired the halo arrays, as to fire the arrays at installation 00 they would have been outside the fire distance and would have survived so there is the possibility of more forerunners appearing.

Then again there is still more Halo’s to be visited and each has stored flood deep within as the librarian stated for study purposes, so all you need is some covenant or humans to visit and break contamination again for them to be released.

> The greatest enemy the Forerunners ever faced was Humanity.

I personally think that was greatly exagerated in Halo 4 in order to advance the plot to players who aren’t familiar with the expanded universe.
Because Primordium states that humanity never even came close to attacking the Forerunner capital, while Mendicant Bias was able to do a Halo drive-by and (nearly?) destroy it.

I would like to see a Halo game with all the enemies, weapons, vehicles, etc, introduced so far, plus some new ones, all under one roof. Would be pretty awesome.