Flood in Halo 4 & Onward

Flood Mode got me thinking…

Frankie said that we won’t be fighting Flood in Halo 4, but we have flood models in the multiplayer. They also have stated that Halo 4 is ‘the first act.’ Do you think the end of the game will elude to a flood outbreak?

Also, do you think the gavemind will return? or the proto-gravemind?

> Flood Mode got me thinking…
>
> Frankie said that we won’t be fighting Flood in Halo 4, but we have flood models in the multiplayer. They also have stated that Halo 4 is ‘the first act.’ Do you think the end of the game will elude to a flood outbreak?

Maybe, maybe not, but the Flood will appear in some way in the sequels. They’re as much a part of the Halo universe as the Forerunners and Covenant.

Its likley there are still halo arrays and lets face it if we’re going to have flood killing machines they should return at some point.

Yes and I hope we actually get to fight the Gravemind somewhere in the trilogy.

> Yes and I hope we actually get to fight the Gravemind somewhere in the trilogy.

Also yes, do you think the gavemind will return? or the proto-gravemind?

The flood were perfect until the pure forms were introduced. They went from creepy and challenging to just plain annoying. It’s sad too, I actually like the flood.

I do hope we see them again.

Ahhhh. I’m not so sure I believe everything Frankie says anymore.

A year back, he said, “No Purple in Halo 4”. Purple is obviously referencing the Covenant, and, well…there are Covies.

Also, the main menu of Halo 4 shows a Halo ring. I believe this to be Installation 07, which is a Flood infected ring, and I think the last mission of the game will involve going to this ring.

> Ahhhh. I’m not so sure I believe everything Frankie says anymore.
>
> A year back, he said, “No Purple in Halo 4”. Purple is obviously referencing the Covenant, and, well…there are Covies.
>
> Also, the main menu of Halo 4 shows a Halo ring. I believe this to be Installation 07, which is a Flood infected ring, and I think the last mission of the game will involve going to this ring.

The purple is in response to the Covie color pallete. While not drastically different, 343i is taking a newer scheme to freshen things (the new Ghost).

I hope so, the Flood have a great potential, they are awesome and versatile enemies. They should remain the biggest threat for the galaxy.

As answered in other threads, Flood will NOT be in campaign, but in multiplayer. That is what Frank O’Conner said. NO flood in campaign.

As for them being in mulitplayer, remember that War Games are done in a huge simulator on board the UNSC Infinity. So you’re not really flood, just simulated.

I really hope any other Flood in the future of the series will suit the classic style more. The Halo4 SIV attack forms look cool, but I feel like they are more of mutant zombies than the Flood. They need to be more lumpy(even if only slightly), and have tentacles that they whip at you rather than sword-like arm bones.

> > Ahhhh. I’m not so sure I believe everything Frankie says anymore.
> >
> > A year back, he said, “No Purple in Halo 4”. Purple is obviously referencing the Covenant, and, well…there are Covies.
> >
> > Also, the main menu of Halo 4 shows a Halo ring. I believe this to be Installation 07, which is a Flood infected ring, and I think the last mission of the game will involve going to this ring.
>
> The purple is in response to the Covie color pallete. While not drastically different, 343i is taking a newer scheme to freshen things (the new Ghost).

Not to mention the Storm are a different faction than the ordinary covenant.

I believe Frankie lied, and we’ll fight the Flood in the last level of the Campaign. In the main menu, there’s Requiem and a Halo. I highly believe that Halo is Installation 07, which is where the UR-Didact was last seen, but then ended up on Requiem. Installation 07 is Flood-infested haven. We’re going to end up there, fight hordes of Flood, and then blow it up, and land back on Requiem.

I miss fighting the Flood, and want them back (It’s been 5 years if you don’t count Halo Wars!). Spartan Ops would be 10x more amazing than it already is if the Flood were in it.

But if they don’t show up in Halo 4, I very highly believe they’ll be in Halo 5.

> As answered in other threads, Flood will NOT be in campaign, but in multiplayer. That is what Frank O’Conner said. NO flood in campaign.
>
> As for them being in mulitplayer, remember that War Games are done in a huge simulator on board the UNSC Infinity. So you’re not really flood, just simulated.

His exact quote was “you won’t be fighting flood in Halo 4.”

Flood mode is fighting flood…

> Ahhhh. I’m not so sure I believe everything Frankie says anymore.
>
> A year back, he said, “No Purple in Halo 4”. Purple is obviously referencing the Covenant, and, well…there are Covies.
>
> Also, the main menu of Halo 4 shows a Halo ring. I believe this to be Installation 07, which is a Flood infected ring, and I think the last mission of the game will involve going to this ring.

Frank is cryptic, but to his knowledge, he has never lied to the fanbase. It’s true there is no purple in Halo 4. The Covenant may be back, but it’s a new Covenant, different from the one we know. And I wouldn’t read into the menu that featured the Halo Ring. It also featured a broken planet, which is clearly not Requiem, even though the whole game takes place on Requiem.

More on topic: I doubt we’ll see any Flood in Halo 4’s campaign, but it’s a possibility for Spartan Ops, and I would imagine the Flood will make a proper return in Halo 5 and 6.

remember there is spartan ops too

I’m 100% sure that the Flood will make a staggering return in Halo 5, which is apparently supposed to be the darkest game in the series.

> I believe Frankie lied, and we’ll fight the Flood in the last level of the Campaign. In the main menu, there’s Requiem and a Halo. I highly believe that Halo is Installation 07, which is where the UR-Didact was last seen, but then ended up on Requiem. Installation 07 is Flood-infested haven. We’re going to end up there, fight hordes of Flood, and then blow it up, and land back on Requiem.
>
> I miss fighting the Flood, and want them back (It’s been 5 years if you don’t count Halo Wars!). Spartan Ops would be 10x more amazing than it already is if the Flood were in it.
>
> But if they don’t show up in Halo 4, I very highly believe they’ll be in Halo 5.

installation 07 inner surface is completely covered in clouds due to massive damage done to it when passing over the wolf planet. the ring in the menu isnt completely covered in cloud so maybe its not 07.

> The flood were perfect until the pure forms were introduced. They went from creepy and challenging to just plain annoying. It’s sad too, I actually like the flood.

*until Halo 3

The Flood became damage sponges with huge flaws (vulnerability to melee, can’t see enemy behind deployable cover, horribly slow) not to mention the Flood levels were easy to skip. Floodgate could be done Pacifist even on LASO. And let’s not forget Gravemind moments…

> We’re going to end up there, fight hordes of Flood, and then blow it up, and land back on Requiem.

No!! Not another Halo level with a hog run. Never again!

> I really hope any other Flood in the future of the series will suit the classic style more. The Halo4 SIV attack forms look cool, but I feel like they are more of mutant zombies than the Flood. They need to be more lumpy(even if only slightly), and have tentacles that they whip at you rather than sword-like arm bones.

It’s an interesting take nonetheless. Thruster pack conveys the Flood jump quite well. I just wish it was more subtle (i.e. instead of sparks, there’s a trail of Flood spores and chunks of rotten flesh).

4 way fight? UNSC, covenant, Promethean, flood.