Flood CANNOT carry weapons in customs. WHY???

Hello, I’m Jackjack71 and this is actually my first post/thread on Halo Waypoint. But enough about me, let’s get down to why I made this thread.

I noticed today that even in custom games, the flood, aka the infected, cannot start out with or pickup any weapons at all. Period. So no matter what, you’re stuck with the claw, which is basically the equivalent to the energy sword.

My question/gripe with this is WHY!? This severely damages the best and most popular custom gametype the Halo series ever had, because many Flood-based custom games made by the community require the ‘zombie’ to wield something other than the claw in order for the game to work properly.

I understand that it would be hard for 343 to edit the Flood’s appearance so that they can wield weapons. But it would be possible to give you the option in customs to make it so that the ‘Flood’ have Spartan animations, similar to Infection in Halo 3 and Reach. This would easily solve the problem. But 343 left this concept out for some reason that’s beyond me, and therefore, as I said before, it tremendously damages the best and most-used custom gametype.

Discuss/rant.

The reason is that they aren’t Infected, they’re the Flood, and 343i is lazy/ poor at play testing.

That is what happens when you release a product that you never even fully tested. A Beta Test for multi-player, Custom, and Forge would have solved many problems.

> That is what happens when you release a product that you never even fully tested. A Beta Test for multi-player, Custom, and Forge would have solved many problems.

-Yoink- Post of the Day award nominee here.

reach was beta tested, and it still had bugs. (black screen reseting loadouts/AAs, server problems, spartans being cloned, armors overlapping and more).
plus there was a beta. you didn’t hear about it because there was a NDA and it was pretty closed and private.

See that giant giant arm?
That’s your reason
Cost effective reasons why they don’t use the left arm? Animations cost alot of money.

This is flood not infection.
If you want infection then make that game type.

I believe they said that they’re adding that in, as well as fixing other Custom Game options in the future.

Actually, you can wield weapons in flood, but it’s a glitch

@Wolfstanus Did you even read the OP? You can’t do regular Infection in Halo 4 that uses the Spartans as the ‘zombies’. 343 left that out, when they could’ve easily included it in to solve the problem of using weapons. That’s what makes me mad.

> > That is what happens when you release a product that you never even fully tested. A Beta Test for multi-player, Custom, and Forge would have solved many problems.
>
> -Yoink!- Post of the Day award nominee here.
>
> reach was beta tested, and it still had bugs. (black screen reseting loadouts/AAs, server problems, spartans being cloned, armors overlapping and more).
> plus there was a beta. you didn’t hear about it because there was a NDA and it was pretty closed and private.

An internal beta played by people who are casual and technically suck at this game. How is THAT going to fix/balance anything? Short answer: nothing.

> This is flood not infection.
> If you want infection then make that game type.

THe point is that you cannot make infection gametypes because of the limited custom options

> > This is flood not infection.
> > If you want infection then make that game type.
>
> THe point is that you cannot make infection gametypes because of the limited custom options

Exactly!

Two problems with the current Flood alone:

1 )No options to have the Flood wield weapons

1. No ability to place weapon on the map normally

These two right here effectively wipe out about 80% (guesstimate) of Infection gametypes. It’s unacceptable.