Float like a butterfly sting like a bee. (Armor weight)

For those who are confused about what be angel said about heavy armor.
It’s power assisted armour, it’s as heavy as a quad bike but runs as smoothly as oil. I think what bs Angle is hinting towards, is things like loud thuds when you jump of high places and little indents in the ground to show the sheer power and weight of a Spartan, to create that sense of power which people have been longing for.

But at the same time not making the Spartan cumbersome and slow of reflexes, as opposed to the nimble and deadly speed and precision of a 7ft super soldier hardened by years of brutal training, which is what we should feel. I don’t think there is anything to worry about; this is a perfect example of 343’s sheer creativity and knowledge in the Halo universe and their hard efforts to try and translate all of those details into game-play.

Exactly what i thought.

exactly what weve always wanted in a halo game to actually feel powerful playing halo 3 is great and all but it just doesnt feel like im a 7 foot tall super soldier who cost umpteen mnies to produce, not to mention went through incredibly ardous martial and physical training and augmentation.
It seems as if 343 actually understand the supersoldier in all of us :stuck_out_tongue:

That part about sprinting across concrete was interesting though. I can’t imagine an 800 pound super-soldier being able to silently run across concrete. But it’s MJOLNIR, the most advanced armored suit humanity has ever created.

Imagine you hud shaking while you sprint, but not enough to be annoying, and hearing stomping of feet.

That’s actually a pretty good simile of what was said about Chief’s new armor.

> That’s actually a pretty good simile of what was said about Chief’s new armor.

Thanks.

That’s exactly how I interpreted it as well! I feel like in the other games you only felt like a dude with shields not what they are making it sound like. This could really shake up gameplay. And not use AAs! :smiley:

Great thread.
Make the sounds louder as you jump from greater heights (NO FALL DAMAGE PLZ).
And you should only hear footsteps when you sprint. IF there is sprint.

> > That’s actually a pretty good simile of what was said about Chief’s new armor.
>
> Thanks.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Good thread OP I really want this like if he just jumps he lands silently but a big fall will land with some mass and actually sound like a half ton soldier hitting the ground

As I said in another post I have high hopes that 343 will truly show us how it feels to be the Master Chief :))))))

And like i just said Great post OP!

They’re really gonna breathe some much needed new life into this franchise.

> They’re really gonna breathe some much needed new life into this franchise.

I hope. From what they have been saying, it appears that they are really going shake up gameplay. And from the way I interpret it, it isn’t going to be something one person has and another one doesn’t so it can’t mess up like AAs did.

> For those who are confused about what be angel said about heavy armor.
> It’s power assisted armour, it’s as heavy as a quad bike but runs as smoothly as oil. I think what bs Angle is hinting towards, <mark>is things like loud thuds when you jump of high places and little indents in the ground</mark> to show the sheer power and weight of a Spartan, to create that sense of power which people have been longing for.
>
> But at the same time not making the Spartan cumbersome and slow of reflexes, as opposed to the nimble and deadly speed and precision of a 7ft super soldier hardened by years of brutal training, which is what we should feel. I don’t think there is anything to worry about; this is a perfect example of 343’s sheer creativity and knowledge in the Halo universe and their hard efforts to try and translate all of those details into game-play.

Completely possible as halo 4 may have some form of terrain/flora/micro destruction added…If that’s true, that would be bad–Yoink-!

I want the jump height / walking speeds to be in between Halo Reach and Halo 3. I also really hope that what you say is true : that when we jump we make loud thumps, and indents in the ground.

> They’re really gonna breathe some much needed new life into this franchise.

Yes, because as Reach showed us, lot’s of change breathes life into a franchise that was still alive at the time, and in no way killed it.

From a multiplayer standpoint I’m liking the idea of increased foot step/jump sounds. It could add an interesting dynamic on player movement, for if you’re not careful you’d be boosting your predictability by allowing your opponents to hear where you are and where you’re going.

As for sprint… you know the deal by now.

I posted the exact same idea like last year. It is a very good idea though. Plus the HUD should have some physical depth with actual useful non LED monitors for shields and abilities etc…

Seems legit.

Thank you. This excites me even more to see some gameplay. (Also see the bit about a Spartan sprinting across pavement? Interesting!)

Yes. So much yes. Also:

> When Chief puts his helmet on, it should feel like you’re powering up an F-15E