Flinching or Descoping?

Descoping i think added a major skill factor
-it made players engage in close combat firefights
-couldn’t snipe people across map if getting shot at
-I also kinda think it was a something that made Halo and im kinda sad its gone

Flinching i think makes it easier for the new players
-i mean your getting shot at and you can scope in i hate it
-makes using the DMR really easy, can sit back relax take a few bullets without descope

I will personally always favor Descoping over Flinching but im more mad that 343 wont give us the option to change our settings back to normal

If you choose Flinching can you explain why?

Descoping.

Descoping.

Descoping.

Flinch to me sounds like something that worked on paper but fails in game. If you are shot, your reticle gets moved upward and you would need to compensate. Meanwhile being scoped then shot, you would only have to continue shooting and scope in again.

But as for the reason behind the switch from descoping to flinch: forums users complaining that descoping was too jarring and that the next Halo game should use a different system.

So yeah, we need a return to method of descoping when shot.

> Flinch to me sounds like something that worked on paper but fails in game. If you are shot, your reticle gets moved upward and you would need to compensate. Meanwhile being scoped then shot, you would only have to continue shooting and scope in again.
>
> But as for the reason behind the switch from descoping to flinch: forums users complaining that descoping was too jarring and that the next Halo game should use a different system.

The way your making it sound is like we were the ones who wanted this. Ive never looked at any other forumn beside the Halo 4 one so i wouldnt know, but i guess if that is true then 343 did what the fans wanted kind of a shame

Flinch is this annoying in general I mean getting shot with a sniper flings you all over the place and it also makes it easier to AC, DMR camp now that you can shoot anyone at long range forever and then be able to call in care packages

> > Flinch to me sounds like something that worked on paper but fails in game. If you are shot, your reticle gets moved upward and you would need to compensate. Meanwhile being scoped then shot, you would only have to continue shooting and scope in again.
> >
> > But as for the reason behind the switch from descoping to flinch: forums users complaining that descoping was too jarring and that the next Halo game should use a different system.
>
> The way your making it sound is like we were the ones who wanted this. Ive never looked at any other forumn beside the Halo 4 one so i wouldnt know, but i guess if that is true then 343 did what the fans wanted kind of a shame

If memory serves me right, it was on the Halo Council forums, and it is a shame.

Wow, i actually accidentally voted fliching, well i guess the poll is slightly yoinked!

descoping with ZERO flinch would be ok. I think that’s how reach worked. I remember DMRing someone across the map on COAGULATION with a non scoped DMR. It was awesome

descoping

i feel 343 made so many changes that its an off brand Halo Game its like the original Halo games are like Oreos but Halo 4 is like that off brand Oreo it taste the same but it doesnt feel right

definitely descoping. it’s one of the things that made halo halo.

Definitely descoping.

Flinching is my biggest annoyance in Halo 4.

Descoping. I don’t know who’s ‘brilliant’ idea it was to remove that from halo.

Look at it this way,
If you get shot by a bullet and youre looking through a scope, arent you gonna go
“Oh crap I should see where thats coming from.”
Now its
“Oh crap, meh whatever.”

Descoping

I diskiked descoping more because by instinct / habit when I got shot at I’d hit the button for scope again. So every time I got shot I’d try to scope back in then go out then go back in and descope and get killed. I blame itchy thumbs.