Flinch Or Descope For Halo Xbox One?

Do you want flinch from Halo 4 or descoping from all previous Halos to be in Halo Xbox One?

Discuss.

Edit:

Poll added via requests.

Descoping.

Descope

There really isn’t much competition between the two.

Flinch destroys Long-Range combat and removes all skill in Sniping.

Descope serves as a counter towards cross-mapping and makes long-range engagements require much more strategy.[/li]

And if Sprint returns, a De-Sprint mechanic would combat that “Get outta Jail free Card” effect that it has on gameplay.

> Do you want flinch from Halo 4 or descoping from all previous Halos to be in Halo Xbox One?
>
> Discuss.

Descope for the WIN.

Flinch sucks, and other than Halo 4, no other halo has it.

This is one of Halo 4 major flaws.

> Descope
>
> There really isn’t much competition between the two.
>
> Flinch destroys Long-Range combat and removes all skill in Sniping.
>
> Descope serves as a counter towards cross-mapping and makes long-range engagements require much more strategy.[/li]
>
> And if Sprint returns, a De-Sprint mechanic would combat that “Get outta Jail free Card” effect that it has on gameplay.

Agreed.

I can imagine that 343 already want to bring descope to Halo 4 but they’ve said it can’t be done.

I’m pretty confident that it’ll make a return I see no reason why not.

Descope

Descope, it add more ‘strategy’ to gameplay.

btw you should have made this a poll

Descope! Flinching kills long range combat and restricts map flow.

> Do you want flinch from Halo 4 or descoping from all previous Halos to be in Halo Xbox One?
>
> Discuss.

OP, can you add a poll.

But looks like the votes so far are:

Flinch = 0
De-Scope = 7

Descope ftw

I’m pretty sure this isn’t even debatable

im gonna have to agree and go with descope lol

Flinch can be modified to be more balanced.

But Descope sets Halo apart, I can’t think of any other games at the moment with this mechanic.

Plus Descope is a lot less irritating than having your crosshair jerked all over.

Didn’t Greenskull mention that Descope was discussed at the with the Weapons tuning update? Maybe they`re considering it for this game. That or they may plan to re-introduce it to Halo 4.

I liked sniping in Reach. Halo 5 should be more like that.

Descope vote for me.

OP may I suggest adding a poll to your thread?

Im gonna have to say descoping as well. Flinching just changed how the game felt in one on one battles. I feel like a Spartan should be able to hold his/her gun still even under fire. Spartans are suppose to be super humans after all. Its just a mechanic I would rather not see return.

I have to go with descope as well, since it made the game much less focused on long-ranged combat, which allowed for better map movement. In Halo 4, if there’s a sniper that has you in their sights, there really isn’t anything you can do. If you shoot them, they just need to adjust their aim a bit and then take you out. In past Halo games, if you shot them, they were forced out of scope and where therefore vulnerable. Snipers had to be smarter and better to do well.

Am I the only person here who prefers flinch? Maybe the longer range weapons could des cope (DMR, LR), but the rest flinch. I still kinda question what triggers the descope anyway. Does the smartlink get severed by the impact, or is it the spartan flinching out of the smartlink